David Luiz

the wes

Was rubbish in the initial stages but grew as the match opened up. One of his better performances in midfield, but it's easy playing next to a boss like Matic.

Good performance, and glad he's making himself available to the team as a midfielder.

Well another good performance in a big game from the midfield.

In fact he is my 2nd choice after matic in big games. People should get used to this, his energy is fantastic and he covers a lot of ground in there. Fantastic performance today :clap:

Some of us have maintained his future is in midfield, José trust's him in all the big games says it all......

Magnificent performance, him and Matic were simply superb, Toure barely got a kick.

I still like him better as a CB but he hasn't performed a match as a CB this season as good as this one like a MD.

He was simply brilliant today and he opened my eyes that bringing Matic was just the first time into world domination (lol). With a guy with a little bit more class (and David has more class and touch in the ball and vision than Ramires) we simply put the best pivot in the league to shame. We need a partner for Matic as good as himself and while I don't think David is that guy, he's showing us that with an improvement from Ramires playing by Matic side, we'll be very hard to play against. Very good defensively and his ball for Hazard today in that Etoo woodwork (Luiz started the play) was simply amazing.

I wonder if Mourinho can fix the Luiz - Cahill partnership?

Theoretically, they compliment each other very, very well, but for some odd reason it just doesn't work. Maybe Mou can work his magic though.

Agreed. What if there is nothing to be fixed though? Remember we were a bit shaky defensively back then.

Exposed defenders never look very good.

To your point though, building a solid defense happens to be Jose's specialty.

BTW, did we not win every game Luiz played in the midfield this season? And some most of them against top sides.

As The Skipper alluded to above, thought Luiz started off like a headless chicken when he was charging around mindlessly to put in tackles but got better and better as the game wore on.

And oh another thing, Luiz should not to take free kicks so much! :doh:

Sorry but objectively I still don't rate him. He hussles well but forgets to mark his zonal responsibility in crucial times i.e. Dzeko almost scored due to Luiz letting him run to the ball unchallenged and Luiz had so much time to read the situation at hand. His has poor reading off the game and rushes into challenges and needs to learn to be patient sometimes. A player with no real position that he 'owns'. He needs to go in summer to make funds available for one more solid box-to-box midfielder to play alongside Matic in the XI.

Lastly why the fark does he take free kicks, a total waste.

That first FK was far too close for Luiz to get up and down, it had Willian written all over it. Willian was at the right angle to hit it.

But anyway, Luiz did really well last night, he got his hands dirty and did it well.