David Luiz

the wes

So Gc and It start abiut 10 matxhes together and concede one goal against pool thru set piece and another to united when everyone was cruising thru. All this while no team put in a "perfext cross" or no striker made a perfect run.

But luiz comes in and the stars align and that one moment of magic happens. Oh definitely!!!! Poor luiz... never at fault for anyyhing ever. He is simply PERFECT!!!

No, you're ignoring his virtues and focusing on his weaknesses.

Look at his 50 yard passes and free-kick attempts, and ignore his marking abilities. You have an agenda and you're scapegoating and I'M TELLING MUM!!! :cry::cry::cry:

No, you're ignoring his virtues and focusing on his weaknesses.

Look at his 50 yard passes and free-kick attempts, and ignore his marking abilities. You have an agenda and you're scapegoating and I'M TELLING MUM!!! :cry::cry::cry:

U forgot the "its not continental enough , there are different ways to defend than just the english way argument".

I've seen the goal a few times. Just two matches ago Terry allowed EXACTLY the same thing to happen, but the opponent - don't remember who - didn't capitalize and headed wide or Cech deflected it... can't remember. Still when Luiz does the same he's the worst player?

I do agree we have a better defense with Terry and Cahill. But people make it out to be as if Luiz is the biggest liability in this team... Again, I haven't watched the match - only the goals - but it's always the same old here... I'm not exempting him at all, but no matter what, if we concede and Luiz is in the pitch, somehow everything will be credited as his fault. As usual. I'm not even going to comment on how pathetic Cech was in that goal. It doesn't matter. It's all Luiz... as always

It was Mikel tonight wasn't it? Or was it Torres? Oh and Mourinho for his tactics.

Maybe it was the guy who let Anichebe get away from him....or did that not happen? Maybe it's because he hasn't played much at centre-back recently....oh wait, that excuse got used at the weekend for one of the incidents against Newcastle.

Oh, nearly forgot.....Munich, Champions League, plays well for Brazil, only form, why else would Barca value him at £30 million, future captain, sun was in his eyes. That's all of them isn't it?

You forgot the best one"He's continental and technically gifted"

As far as I'm concerned part of jose's priority in the summer should be getting rid of him and Ramires. Bring in a DLP to partner matic and Zouma replaces Luiz in the team. I don't want continental, what I want is reliability which JT and cahill have offered us for majority of the season and a midfielder that can actually pass and control games.

folks he's obviously not English enough as only the English know how to defend in football. After all all other top sides have English defenders, especially in England. :rolleyes:

David Luiz should be sold in the summer so we can make funds to buy Ryan Shawcross - a proper Englishman with a serious face and short haircut. We can even buy a few of "them" with the money.

?

Yes because we didn't like Carvalho, Desailly, Gallas... stop talking out your fucking arse. All of a sudden you cant slate Luiz, if you do you get replies back saying it's because he's not English... grow up.

It's a conspiracy i'm telling you, all the the English posters have an agenda, Luiz has actually been our most consistent defender, we just don't like him because he's not English. Have you seen his hair? how fucking messy is it? he should get it cut like JT or Cahill... you know how ridiculous you sound?

Luiz was fucking poor today, it's not about nationality, it's about defending and I've had enough of his poor defending costing us games. I know Terry and Cahill have made mistakes, but lets be honest Luiz is more of a liability than them.

Cahill is more of a liability then Luiz in general

The difference is that Luiz has been poor this season and Cahill is having a good season by his standards

Alot of English posters don't appreciate Luiz...he should go to a club that plays to his strengths.

People need to use their head not their heart when they judge him. he's a great footballer, the best technically gifted center back in the game, no doubt. his first touch and passing are quality. the thing is, his decision making. he takes risks. he makes mistakes. everyone makes mistakes; Luiz just makes more than JT and Cahill. when is he going to be solid mentally as he is physically? he could have been sent off today and nearly cost us a penalty. Anichebe didn't pull his shirt, he was really close to him, but Luiz was grabbing his shirt and it was so clear. he can't be doing that, even if Anichebe was grabbing first(he really wasn't) he still shouldn't. also, I said he's a good passer but ffs how many long balls in a game does he miss every game? every long ball goes to a throw in for the other team.

And the goal.. really lazy defending there. how the heck does the striker get the ball first? he was sleeping. I think he should be a midfielder but he's not good as I thought he was. a year ago, I expected him to be benching JT. but deary me I was wrong.

Cahill is more of a liability then Luiz in general

The difference is that Luiz has been poor this season and Cahill is having a good season by his standards

Alot of English posters don't appreciate Luiz...he should go to a club that plays to his strengths.

Luiz had a good spell under Rafa, but apart from that six months he's been poor. Cahill was bought in as a sqaud player, this season he's been improving with every game, now he's a starter. Of course he made the odd mistake same with any defender, but Luiz constantly does that. It's not even mistakes with Luiz anymore though, he whole game has regressed.

It's not just the English posters, it's most of the Chelsea fans who think he's a liability.

OK, lets get our facts right first...David Luiz has NEVER seen a red card for Chelsea.

Contrary to John Terry in the CL semi as I remember, who picked up the silliest of the cards at the worst possible time.

We value different aspects of the game, including in defending. Different footballing schools value different aspect which is normal. I do understand this, but some other people here don't seem to be able to agree to disagree.

The worst thing is the attitude of the fans here. Chelsea concede to liverpool when suarez geta ahead of iva. Everyone blames iva and people move on. JT screws up a pass (I think he did that twice in agame), people say he was at mistake and move on.

But god forbid if any one has the fucking balls of blaming luiz EVER. Then suddenly its a case of scapegoating. Or as I read above " it always cones down to luiz". Always??? So people saud that luiz was to blame for the pool goal or the united goal??? All I have read on thia forum for the past month is that DL has been tremondous in mid for us but how fucking dare people critisize him. Cos he can do no wrong, ever!!!! Right??

The fans who make the scapegoat argument is one kind and the other kind are the philosophers. Who think people don't understand the different kinds of defending techniques and realize how beautiful defending is and blah blah blah... I dint know that letting a striker getting ahead of you to score a bloody goal is another technique of defending.

Just bloody accept that he made a mistake and move on!!!!

All I have read on thia forum for the past month is that DL has been tremondous in mid for us but how fucking dare people critisize him. Cos he can do no wrong, ever!!!! Right??

Seriously?

I think he's been quite average in midfield in general, he's had a pretty average season. He's been made to look decent now because he's playing next to a proper player in Matic now who'll make it easier for anyone playing next to him (i.e. in the City game).

It's not that saying Luiz made a mistake that's the problem for me here, feel free to do that, that's fine, no player is exempt from critisicm, I have said myself that Luiz was definitely partly to blame for the goal, it'd be great if people would just stick it to that and move on, but no, certain people think it's okay to then go on and say Luiz cannot defend at all, that he's a poor defender, should never play at CB again, that he isn't good enough for CFC etc. when in truth he's just not having a good season at the moment. Some are acting like Luiz has never ever been good in his career here at CFC and that he's been a horrible defender; that's my main gripe.

This is exactly it. Cahill deserves to be in the team right now because he's been outstanding, but IMHO opinion, if both were in outstanding form, Luiz would play ahead of him because when Luiz is on form, concentrated, focused and determined he's a great CB, but obviously that hasn't happened this season, and Cahill rightfully has taken over the mantle and has done a splendid job.

The goal was Luiz fault a 100%. Did not mark his man tight enough and should have been first to that ball as a CB, he is complacent to his defensive duties and this allows his man to drift away and connect to these headers time and time again.

He was found out today and will be so again if we continue to play him as CB. As I've said before he's a flakey, flashy and fake CB that will get found out throughout the season. I say we sell him in summer and move on.

Seriously?

I think he's been quite average in midfield in general, he's had a pretty average season. He's been made to look decent now because he's playing next to a proper player in Matic now who'll make it easier for anyone playing next to him (i.e. in the City game).

It's not that saying Luiz made a mistake that's the problem for me here, feel free to do that, that's fine, no player is exempt from critisicm, I have said myself that Luiz was definitely partly to blame for the goal, it'd be great if people would just stick it to that and move on, but no, certain people think it's okay to then go on and say Luiz cannot defend at all, that he's a poor defender, should never play at CB again, that he isn't good enough for CFC etc. when in truth he's just not having a good season at the moment. Some are acting like Luiz has never ever been good in his career here at CFC and that he's been a horrible defender; that's my main gripe.

This is exactly it. Cahill deserves to be in the team right now because he's been outstanding, but IMHO opinion, if both were in outstanding form, Luiz would play ahead of him because when Luiz is on form, concentrated, focused and determined he's a great CB, but obviously that hasn't happened this season, and Cahill rightfully has taken over the mantle and has done a splendid job.

Yes seriously. People want a matoc-luiz pivot and not without a reason. We looked really good with those 2 against city. Very dynamic, very strong and our play was fluid.

Anyways how luiz is in mid is not the point here.

After dropping a couple of points, people are bound to go OTT. Go and have a look at the matvh thread. You would think that apocalypse was on us. So some are bound to be a little critical.

As for others, its the replies by "younameit" and company that keep the ball rolling. People would love to move on but instead they are made to look ridiculous with scapegoat arguments. And that is what leads to all those things been written.

I just don't understand why Mourinho hasn't played Ivanovic at CB even ONCE this season. With Iva and Cahill, we would have been much more solid at the back. If Luiz starts at CB (god forbid) against City, we could be in for a long, long afternoon