David Luiz

the wes

£40 million for David Luiz, he'll be the most expensive defender ever... Surely you cannot turn down that offer?

He's a good defender but imo not world class, he'll be perfect for Barcelona though.

I would turn down 40 million if we were going to use 30 million to buy Shaw

I AM 76 ..I listened on the radio (wireless ) to the F A cup final in 1946 .. saw WC games live in 1966 ,,, SAW RATTIN sent off ....

Damn men, then your one of the few who can use a computer at your age.

My grandma of 80 would not know where to start! :D

No one in their right mind would offer 30 million for Shaw, 25 tops but i think he'll go for 20-22 million.

Ideally we wouldn't pay more than 20 million, but with United and City both also interested I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer bidding war vastly inflates his price.

Ideally we wouldn't pay more than 20 million, but with United and City both also interested I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer bidding war vastly inflates his price.

That's my worry, but i have a feeling Bertrand will be used as part of the deal, if he impresses at Aston Villa surely Southampton will be interested.

That's my worry, but i have a feeling Bertrand will be used as part of the deal, if he impresses at Aston Villa surely Southampton will be interested.

That's very possible. But what concerns me is that like PSG, I don't think City's Arab owners give a **** about FFP and will do whatever it takes to get around it and so they'd be more than willing to outbid us on Shaw.

£40 million for David Luiz, he'll be the most expensive defender ever... Surely you cannot turn down that offer?

He's a good defender but imo not world class, he'll be perfect for Barcelona though.

Even though I agree a 40m bid would be difficult to turn down, reckon that alone would automagically make him world class in every way and form...

At some point we have to respect the market; yes, it can be a bit irrational at times, but not for too long.

OT: one of my fav sayings in economy goes like this, "the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"

I've given him time to show his worth but sorry but I don't rate Luiz. Overrated and a not a proper CB nor a DM. His got a good first touch and on the ball technique but seriously lacks any form of concentration, positioning and defensive determination.

Not a Jose type player. He will be gone in summer.

Maybe because Cahill gets chance ahead Luiz in most games...and he is hardly a better defender, just suits system of Mou more because he is more dependable. Thats why I think Luiz isnt realy defender Mou wants. Apart from that, maybe in time Luiz will improve and become starter. But if he wont, I dont realy see him to be on our bench for too long; he will leave then.

You kinda missed my point:

Mata does not have certain qualities such as physical strength and pace to play as an AM in Jose's system. He can improve on certain stuff in his game, but he will never be Willian or Oscar. JT does not have the pace to play in AVB's high-line as another example. He can improve his positioning, but he will never be David Luiz.

So, what does Luiz lack that he does not fit Jose's system?

Cahill being more dependable than Luiz is only related to their current form which can change 180 degrees in a matter of weeks. In the second half of last season, David was one of our key men and our star defender while Cahill was inconsistent and error prone.

I think we can turn that down because, unlike the Mata situation where we are loaded with AMs, we are currently looking to bring one more CB in, not get rid of one. The reason we agreed to sell Juan was not only because the offer was good, but also because we did not really need him. But we need Luiz, imo.

I've given him time to show his worth but sorry but I don't rate Luiz. Overrated and a not a proper CB nor a DM. His got a good first touch and on the ball technique but seriously lacks any form of concentration, positioning and defensive determination.

Not a Jose type player. He will be gone in summer.

HAHA

Cant remember the last time I read more bullshit.

1. Do you mind explaining to me what a "proper CB" is? And when you do this, please keep in mind other CBs who are somewhat like Luiz, like lets say Ramos who is also very aggressive.

2. You couldnt be more wrong about his "lack of concentration, positioning and defensive determination". Lets take our game against United as an example. You surely recall how he played in the first half. He was very aggressive and whatnot. In the 2nd half everyone thought for sure he'd be sent off, but what happened? He adapted and changed his playstyle completley. PLUS you have NO BLOODY IDEA what goes around behind the scene. If Mourinho didnt want him to play like he does, he would force him to stop this a long time ago!

I think most of the Luiz-haters here just simply dont UNDERSTAND. You dont understand and dont recognize the beauty and power of having an unorthodox defender like Luiz. Luiz is the PERFECT defender when our tactic isnt to sit deep and defend.

3. And also, you say he isnt Mourinhos type of player. I would like for you to explain what Mourinhos type of player is? When you answer this, keep Zlatan Ibrahimovic in mind aswell.