David Luiz

the wes

I dont get it...

A clean sheet, comfortable win and Newcastle didnt have much on us. Solid defensive play and yet you critisize Luiz.

What did/didnt he do according to you? How was he worse than Cahill this game? What after this game streghten your belief that hes our 3rd choice defender?

I'm not complaining or criticizing. I'm just assessing a match and a situation.

I did compliment him for that amazing pass to Willian in our first goal (in the match thread) but defensively he was shaky at moments. That header someone from Newcastle had on his back, in the first half; he had an 'old!Cahill' moment in the second half where he was pointing to someone cover the wing, while slowly back-running, not breaking to the side himself, nor properly marking the man ahead of him, who's got a very good shot, but I guess Cech deflected (or someone else did, or the guy missed, although it was a very good position to shoot).

I'm defending his permanence in the club and saying it's hard for him to get a streak of matches now (given the other defenders' performances and form) - which could possibly help him with his form. He's been subpar compared to himself (on his best) and compared to JT and Cahill this season. There's nothing wrong admitting that. He's still a great defender imo who just needs to find his best form. And I want him to stay.

Rafa/Jose know best. All over the place defensively tonight keep him at DM unless it's unavoidable.

Lol, honestly amazing how people can selectively pick and choose what game they want to remember just to suit their agenda.

I dont get it...

A clean sheet, comfortable win and Newcastle didnt have much on us. Solid defensive play and yet you critisize Luiz.

What did/didnt he do according to you? How was he worse than Cahill this game? What after this game streghten your belief that hes our 3rd choice defender?

Lazy defending when he played Sissoko on for the 1vs1 against Cech and when he lost De Jong in the box and gave him a free header at the edge of the 6-yard box. A couple of other smaller mistakes as well.

But....that pass to start the counter for the second goal :fainthv9:

Lazy defending when he played Sissoko on for the 1vs1 against Cech and when he lost De Jong in the box and gave him a free header at the edge of the 6-yard box. A couple of other smaller mistakes as well.

But....that pass to start the counter for the second goal :fainthv9:

agreed but the 50 yard pass to Hazard was even better - Hazard did not even have to stretch his leg to pick it up.

We just have to hope that he has the discernment about when to go for a more defensive stance, like he did in the CL final back then. And he needs to throw himself in front of shots more as his blocking was nowhere to be found. He can't rely exclusively on anticipation.

poor defending = goal for WBA

Brilliant flick = Chelsea goal.

Sorry, but to blame the goal entirely on Luiz is nonsensical.

He should've perhaps stayed with Anichebe, but at the same time Cech should've come out and claimed it.

I think my patience for Luiz has worn too thin....

He was pretty poor today, and could easily have given away a pen for shirt pulling on that useless Anichebe. Not just today though, he hasn't been great this season either.

Would anyone out there really complain if we sold him in the summer? Especially if Barca make another £30M bid they were rumoured to have made last summer?

We have Zouma and Kalas and I would be happy with those 2 alongside JT and Cahill for next season, maybe add Ake in there as well.

I've defended Luiz all the time since he joined, but I think my heart will be happier if we have a more solid CB that doesn't worry me all the time.

poor defending = goal for WBA

Jesus Christ..

Ive already been warned today, but I feel I should insult you for posting this.

A wonderful cross = goal for WBA.

What was poor was the choice of tactics to sit and defend a 0-1 lead against WBA.

I think my patience for Luiz has worn too thin....

He was pretty poor today, and could easily have given away a pen for shirt pulling on that useless Anichebe. Not just today though, he hasn't been great this season either.

Would anyone out there really complain if we sold him in the summer? Especially if Barca make another £30M bid they were rumoured to have made last summer?

We have Zouma and Kalas and I would be happy with those 2 alongside JT and Cahill for next season, maybe add Ake in there as well.

I've defended Luiz all the time since he joined, but I think my heart will be happier if we have a more solid CB that doesn't worry me all the time.

What did he do poor?

He COULD have given away a penalty. Did you even see what happened? Luiz was also shirtpulled and both struggled with eachother. Ref was in a perfect position to see it and it was nothing to react on. But you chose to just to bash on him.

What EXACLY did he do "pretty poor".

This has just become a "hop-on-the-bandwagon-to-critizice-luiz-if-ANYTHING-goes-wrong-defensively".

It feels like Luiz is the only one who is (supposed) to defend when something goes wrong.

I think he just ended his Chelsea career at CB, from now on the only time he is gonna be picked there is when Terry is seriously injured/we play lower division teams. Now his only position is CDM and if he starts to not do well there it will be goodbye for him. I hope he stays but I don't really think he has a long term future here and in Mou's plan.

I think he just ended his Chelsea career at CB, from now on the only time he is gonna be picked there is when Terry is seriously injured/we play lower division teams. Now his only position is CDM and if he starts to not do well there it will be goodbye for him. I hope he stays but I don't really think he has a long term future here and in Mou's plan.

He ended his Chelsea career as CB.

Please tell me why you think he was so horrific this game?

I dont get it...

I see what you're saying, but in all fairness, the (well-warranted) critique was prefaced with his positives. Mainly, his utility to us a player.

I think he is a little younger than Terry

He ended his Chelsea career as CB.

Please tell me why you think he was so horrific this game?

1st he was lucky to not give away at least 2 pens with his shirt pulling. 2ndly, he didn't even bother jumping for that cross, I know the other didn't as well but he was suppose to mark Anichebe with Cahill slightly injured.