David Luiz

the wes

Wont go on your level and say you wrote some crap aswell, everyone has opinion. If you like when we lead 3:0 vs United and Mou plays with 4CBs and 3DMs, when he could easily give shot to Mata (or anyone else) to completely destroy them, fine...its about you, watch whatever football you like, and follow Mou decisions like sheep.

I didnt liked some performances we had, despite victory, for me trophies and wins are extra when comes to support Chelsea. First and foremost I like to watch good football, not 11 defenders on pitch hoofing the ball 50m away from goal at lead 3:0...

The reason we bought Mata was because we wanted change; move on from Mourinho and start playing nice football. It take more than two years and 4 different managers to achieve that. And here we are, Mou is back and we again showed no patience with project, like we dont with our youth players. I like Mou for all he did to us, but I dont like the idea of having 11 players who can defend first and then do their actual job second. If Mou had patience and some skill to adopt certain situations (like integrating Mata in first 11 and still win games), he would do much better, but it seems he cant. Robben was completely off by Bayern last year, now he is almost best player. Rooney was almost off from United, he is now again their best player. Mata could be same too, but Mourinho is too narrow to bench him ever since start and playing him on wings for whatever reason...Oscar wasnt world class in every game either.

And why the fuck should I go with Mata? Maybe you should go with Mou once he leaves since you like his tactics, media BS and mindgames soo much...

Its easy to just stick with every goddamn decision made by club and say, I love this club soo much etc, but sometimes you must see the bigger picture, be critical and say it loud if you realy love club. I like Chelsea alot and the decision of Mata departure caused some upset from me on board and Mou...unlike you who agrees everything that Mou says.

it's at least ironic to see you talking about big picture just because your beloved Mata was useless in the system and had to leave. I guess all of us already covered that Mata not fitting is an unfortunate event that is no one's fault.

Real Madrid played one of the most exciting football for about two seasons, I expect us to be the same, especially because of our real star and main gem, Eden Hazard. I've criticized Mourinho a lot of times. Some times I was proved to be wrong by him and the team in the pitch.

Mourinho keeps saying he's trying to be build a team for the future, and you keep talking about immediate success. If we wanted immediate success we wouldn't have gone for the kind of signings we did. Why signed Eto'o and allowed Lukaku to go to a place where he's play week in and out, without as much pressure and with decent service. Now when he comes back, Eto'o one year deal is expired, Ba will be on his way out and who knows about Torres. That screams long-term and big picture imo.

The same can be said about our midfield, except that Marco unfortunately got injured. Mourinho brought Matic which gives us prime-form + longevity as he's 26 and may have 3-4 good years on him if not more. Our AMs are all 22 and 23 with the exception of Willian, who's only 25. We now have Salah and a couple of kids coming from youth who are under 21 and cover the same zone in the pitch.

The only are we're a bit aged is exactly the defense. Terry's had an amazing season so far, but who knows how much longer can he go without an injury? Cole is older and not the same anymore, Ivanovic is also hitting the 30's mark in a month from now. So we'll need to bring new blood (as in young blood) and David and Azpili are the youngest we have. Don't know if you've noticed it before, but Mourinho values experience a lot in the defense, mixed with one at most two younger players.

I'm not saying there's no chance for David Luiz to leave. But Mourinho's resisted good bids from Barcelona once (for sure) or twice (for all we know) and maybe even more. I'm sure Barcelona was willing to bring a lot of money because they really want David. So why did he resist? I know it hurts knowing the first good bid in and Mata was out - especially to a rival - and Mourinho has been resisting bids for Luiz since the summer. But he isn't stupid and he won't let him go easily. He knows Luiz is facing a bad form streak (although he isn't that bad now, just not up to his best) and he knows Terry could get injured or Cahill lose the best momentum he's had in his whole career (although I think it's likely that Gary just reached his peak and should carry on that now for while). So he knows he needs an experienced guy in the squad and that guy right now is Luiz. Who knows when he'll hit incredible form again? There's a world cup coming and Mourinho knows how it motivates Luiz. He could come back for pre-season with an amazing WC under his belt and completely on fire (regardless if Brazil wins the WC or not). Why would he want or allow easily him to leave? Why would he have been so emphatic saying Luiz is not for sale? He's never said any of those things about Mata even before the Southampton episode. He's used to say that Mata is a great player, that he was adapting, training well and that the club liked him a lot. Go read the interviews. He's said at least three times Luiz was not for sale...

As for the FFP we don't need to sell Luiz to bring a world class striker. We're fine about money now. We've got some profit in the winter window, we have the new Adidas deal bring paid this season (don't know how much of the 300m is going to be paid now). We could spend 50m next summer and still be completely fine with FFP. Even though I think 30-40m for David Luiz is as good as the 40m we've for for Mata, Mata was an useless player in the system, whereas Luiz is not. He isn't a key player, but Mourinho knows he's useful. It's very different to get good money from a bench warmer and get good money from a player that can give us a lot of alternatives, especially in an area we aren't that deep to start with.

As for your logic on Mourinho, beautiful football, Mata and narrow mind of all things, I really got nothing to say.

eh, I wouldnt be surprised if Luiz left....

Especially, if we get a mata like bid....

Luiz has barely been featured as a cb this season and mourinho will probably bring in another cb for next season (maybe jt leaves too)...

In addition, i think mourinho made all those comments concerning mata after united made an informal bid for him... and was released to the press..

I'm not saying he won't leave, I'm just opposing to some butthurt fan thinking Mourinho doesn't think about the future of the club and is only looking the small, immediate picture - which is BS. Mourinho will go further (already did and will probably continue to go) to keep Luiz. Maybe he will leave, but Mourinho isn't as willing to let him go as he was careless about Mata's departure. Those are two different situations and implying Mourinho is here to destroy any chance we've got of having beautiful football and having an attacking team is stupidity imo.

think he'll leave too in the summer, can't say i'd really mind

his head seems to be half in Brazil and half in Barcelona already

i think your half right...

I think his head in brazil...

not sure about the barca part...

Can you imagine luiz doing the long passes at barca, xavi would stare him down with his death stare....

As for your logic on Mourinho, beautiful football, Mata and narrow mind of all things, I really got nothing to say.

I'm not saying he won't leave, I'm just opposing to some butthurt fan thinking Mourinho doesn't think about the future of the club and is only look the small, immediate picture - which is BS. Mourinho will go further (already did and will probably continue to go) to keep Luiz. Maybe he will leave, but Mourinho isn't as willing to let him go as he was careless about Mata's departure. Those are two different situations and imply Mourinho is here to destroy any chance we've got of having beautiful football and having an attacking team is stupidity imo.

eh, i think you have to take into consideration the mata sale.... All these comments from specific posters will be based on their favorite player leaving, which i completely understand....

So, shouldnt take anything to serious for the next few days or so...

eh, i think you have to take into consideration the mata sale.... All these comments from specific posters will be based on their favorite player leaving, which i completely understand....

So, shouldnt take anything to serious for the next few days or so...

You're absolutely right, shouldn't really be bothered about posts lacking logic at this moment. Some people might not even do that on purpose, they're just in the heat of the moment, being hurt and disappointed their fave player left. I would probably stop making sense for a while if we allowed Eden Hazard to leave...

Genuine serious question: how does David Luiz not fit Jose's system?

I mean, i get that Mata didn't have the physical attributes and wasn't nearly comfortable enough with his back to goal to play the number ten role in Jose's system and that he lacked the pace and stamina to play on the wings. But what exactly does Luiz lack to play the CB role in Jose's system or how does his style conflict with this system?

Till now, the claims that Luiz does not fit Jose's system are baseless because no one, to my knowledge, has given a convincing reason why.

I mean, i get that Mata didn't have the physical attributes and wasn't nearly comfortable enough with his back to goal to play the number ten role in Jose's system and that he lacked the pace and stamina to play on the wings. But what exactly does Luiz lack to play the CB role in Jose's system or how does his style conflict with this system?

Till now, the claims that Luiz does not fit Jose's system are baseless because no one, to my knowledge, has given a convincing reason why.

Not enough reliability at CB for Jose's liking and not discipline enough at CDM either, last week Jose was shouting at him early in the game because he kept getting out of his position. Jose prefer a no nonsense CB like Thiago Silva/Kompany...etc who just doesn't like to try win games on their own, but rather stay back and really solid. At CDM Matic and Ramires will now start 85% of the time, with Lampard rotated around 10-15%. Meaning Luiz will eventually be frozen out. The Matic signing is sort of exactly the same as Willian signing compared to Mata last summer. And his value is also really high atm, like Mata, he will probably be sold sooner or later to Barca/PSG or somewhat because Jose doesn't really need him anymore. The arrival of Zouma soon won't help either.

Not enough reliability at CB for Jose's liking and not discipline enough at CDM either, last week Jose was shouting at him early in the game because he kept getting out of his position. Jose prefer a no nonsense CB like Thiago Silva/Kompany...etc who just doesn't like to try win games on their own, but rather stay back and really solid. At CDM Matic and Ramires will now start 85% of the time, with Lampard rotated around 10-15%. Meaning Luiz will eventually be frozen out. The Matic signing is sort of exactly the same as Willian signing compared to Mata last summer. And his value is also really high atm, like Mata, he will probably be sold sooner or later to Barca/PSG or somewhat because Jose doesn't really need him anymore. The arrival of Zouma soon won't help either.

Welcome always good to have someone who knows everything including what Jose thinks .. Look forwad to learning from you

Firstly, Luiz is a CB, not a defensive midfielder.

Secondly, his unreliability just means that he is out of form, it does not mean that he can't play the system and be a starter.

And thirdly, it is an absolute myth that Jose only like English no-none sense defenders as I'm sure the likes of Carvalho and Ramos would tell you.

Firstly, Luiz is a CB, not a defensive midfielder.

Secondly, his unreliability just means that he is out of form, it does not mean that he can't play the system and be a starter.

And thirdly, it is an absolute myth that Jose only like English no-none sense defenders as I'm sure the likes of Carvalho and Ramos would tell you.

He eventually fell out with Ramos and that was one of the issue of many issues between them. Carvalho doesn't go forward as much as Luiz and he is much more reliable than him as a CB. You said he would be a starter but where? CDM or CB are 2 positions he can play. Zouma signing soon meaning he won't make it his own there with Terry already making 1 his own. At CDM it is Matic and Ramires, Ramires is undroppable atm, Matic will start all the time too. Lampard and Mikel competing as well for that CDM. Luiz's only advantage over Mata is that he could play LB if needed but Jose won't ever play him there.

If you follow Jose for the last 10 years you would know his style and preference, he hasn't changed much at all since coming back.

I wouldnt expect an Argie to appreciate a Braziilian defender ,, Rattin is more the Argie flavour ....

I have followed football for almost 70 years and still lack your certainity ... But look forward to reading more of your wisdom

I wouldnt expect an Argie to appreciate a Braziilian defender ,, Rattin is more the Argie flavour ....

I have followed football for almost 70 years and still lack your certainity ... But look forward to reading more of your wisdom

No offense but unless you are like 80 years old that is the biggest bs ever :D

Maybe because Cahill gets chance ahead Luiz in most games...and he is hardly a better defender, just suits system of Mou more because he is more dependable. Thats why I think Luiz isnt realy defender Mou wants. Apart from that, maybe in time Luiz will improve and become starter. But if he wont, I dont realy see him to be on our bench for too long; he will leave then.

Jose prefer a no nonsense CB like Thiago Silva/Kompany...etc who just doesn't like to try win games on their own, but rather stay back and really solid.

Lucio at Inter completely disagrees. Also Sergio Ramos at Real Madrid.

He eventually fell out with Ramos and that was one of the issue of many issues between them. Carvalho doesn't go forward as much as Luiz and he is much more reliable than him as a CB. You said he would be a starter but where? CDM or CB are 2 positions he can play. Zouma signing soon meaning he won't make it his own there with Terry already making 1 his own. At CDM it is Matic and Ramires, Ramires is undroppable atm, Matic will start all the time too. Lampard and Mikel competing as well for that CDM. Luiz's only advantage over Mata is that he could play LB if needed but Jose won't ever play him there.

Jose fell out with Ramos for Real Madrid politics issues, not football. And Ricky used to go forward much more than Luiz does now! So did Lucio.

Football is a game with infinite variables. In fact at times it feels like it's completely random. Who would have thought 5 months ago that we would be selling Juan to utd? No one on earth! Right now, what's keeping Luiz out of the team is a bit of inconsistency and Garry Cahill having the form of his life. That can easily change in a matter of weeks and Luiz could end this season the same way he ended last season as one of our key players.

Again, the difference between the situation with Juan and Luiz is that Mata physically lacked the attributes to do the role in the system while Luiz has the skills and attributes but is lacking form and consistency.