Roman Abramovich Thread

To copy Barca style of football ? Give me a fucking break. Who wants to see passing & more passing ?

Remember last night´s the panther tanks ? They outmuscled the dwarfs easily.

Outmuscled ? They were simply outplayed. Bayern had a brilliant pressing game, well organised at the back and were still able to hurt Barcelona on the attack.

Outmuscled ? They were simply outplayed. Bayern had a brilliant pressing game, well organised at the back and were still able to hurt Barcelona on the attack.

Yes, out-muscled. Body checked too. Bayern played rough, last night. Even Messi was hit several times, roughly.

Barcelona style of play won them three Ligas, two Champions League, and one World Cup & EURO2012.Just saying, dont forget.

Yes but think it would be better to have a team with flair, creativity and also the aggression and physicality that we once had under Mourinho and Ancelotti. Our current team have the flair and creativity to play attacking football but there is a major lack of the other 2 said aspects that is hindering our team at the moment. Need to marry both in the team.

Yes but think it would be better to have a team with flair, creativity and also the aggression and physicality that we once had under Mourinho and Ancelotti. Our current team have the flair and creativity to play attacking football but there is a major lack of the other 2 said aspects that is hindering our team at the moment. Need to marry both in the team.

Totally agree, some may forgot but Pep Guardiola's first season was his best because he had physical & technical players, Pique-Marquez-Puyol in the back, Yaya Toure-Keita -Busquets in midfield and Henry-Eto'o-Eidur upfront, they had the perfect mix that won them six titles.

Totally agree, some may forgot but Pep Guardiola's first season was his best because he had physical & technical players, Pique-Marquez-Puyol in the back, Yaya Toure-Keita -Busquets in midfield and Henry-Eto'o-Eidur upfront, they had the perfect mix that won them six titles.

Yeah...in a few years time, Roman would want us to copy Bayern's style...

Do you care much ?

I do not. Chelsea can afford it. Chelsea is not some pub team put together from public donations.

You don't seem to understand that people who support this club want it to be run efficiently. We don't want Roman to keep having to dip into his own pockets - we want to be self-sufficient and run sensibly.

You don't seem to understand that people who support this club want it to be run efficiently. We don't want Roman to keep having to dip into his own pockets - we want to be self-sufficient and run sensibly.

The team is run well financially. Even showed small profit. Do you remember ?

Whether you do not want Roman to dip into his accounts. Oh boy, I am pleased to read about your concern. It´s the funniest thing you ever posted here. Keep it up.

However, I am certain, Roman can afford 50-70m a year. Do you realize what it means to be a billionaire ?

May I ? 50m is like 50 quids for you. Wouldn´t you buy yourself some Ferda to look at making fool of himself ? I would.

Whether you do not want Roman to dip into his accounts. Oh boy, I am pleased to read about your concern. It´s the funniest thing you ever posted here. Keep it up.

However, I am certain, Roman can afford 50-70m a year. Do you realize what it means to be a billionaire ?

May I ? 50m is like 50 quids for you. Wouldn´t you buy yourself some Ferda to look at making fool of himself ? I would.

I remember well, and long may it continue but there were some very special events that helped us make a profit last year.

As for my concern, it's purely for the future of this club. See I care about this club and want to see it run sensibly so that it's around when I want to take my kids to games. I also appreciate Roman enough to not want to see him bankrolling this club again. I want us to continue the good work we've done in the market over the last two years and start giving youth a chance.

And why do you call him Ferda? Is that short for Fernando in Spanish?

Under Roman rule: Profit and loss
2011-12 Profit £1.4m
2010-11 Loss £67.7m
2009-10 Loss £70.9m
2008-09 Loss £44.4m
2007-08 Loss £65.7m
2006-07 Loss £74.8m
2005-06 Loss £80.2m
2004-05 Loss £140m
2003-04 Loss £87.8m
If you look through that, how is it that we suddenly made a turnover of SIXTY NINE million? sure, a few sponsorship deals helped but the CL win was a (i can't stress this enough) huuuge part of the revenue generated. In the next 3 years, Chelsea are allowed to make loss of 36 million pound(?) so I'm not sure how much we can spend.
edit:Anyway I doubt FFP will stop Roman from spending but that's another issue.

I remember well, and long may it continue but there were some very special events that helped us make a profit last year.

As for my concern, it's purely for the future of this club. See I care about this club and want to see it run sensibly so that it's around when I want to take my kids to games. I also appreciate Roman enough to not want to see him bankrolling this club again. I want us to continue the good work we've done in the market over the last two years and start giving youth a chance.

Since we both want to see this club doing well, I would suggest to let the accountants take care of the finances. I am certain Roman hired the best money can buy. Most billionaires do hire the best. We as fans can only speculate on ifs or buts. We will never see into the inside matters. I have followed football for years, got to like Chelsea back in 2001 I believe, I can´t remember well but one thing I know ever since Roman came on the club started winning & winning big trophies. As I remember you are one of those older chaps who have been following Chelsea for many years. Therefore, I assume you may feel nostalgic, the old days were better or whatever..

As we know, things have changed drastically since Murdoch introduced Sky Sports, TV revenues skyrocketed, money are floating about....we need to learn to live with it.

Tonight, Chelsea are at some Swiss cheese town, playing the local club that run on shoe strings budget. The winning price for EL title 5m. Chelsea spent more money on gas just to fly to these dives. Now, may I ask ? What motivation can these players have here ? This whole competition brings an added bonus to Rafa´s CV & that´s about it.

Meanwhile, PL top four is in jeopardy ffs.

Lampard and Malouda leaving is a good boost wage-structure wise. We can cover 2 marquee players coming in + spend on 1 more but the issue is the cost of the transfers.

Chelsea are allowed to make loss of 36 million pound(?) so I'm not sure how much we can spend.

We can cover 2 marquee players coming in + spend on 1 more but the issue is the cost of the transfers.

One word - amortisation. Look it up.