Roman Abramovich Thread

Ajax Amsterdam, Derby County & Forest, Montpellier, Arsenal.

Give me my cookie, its time for cofee.

Ajax, bought players. Derby, Bought players, Forest, Bought players, Montpellier, Bought players, Arsenal, bought players.

Cookie Denied.

Only club on record that didn't technically "buy the title" Was Celtic in the 60's

Ajax, bought players. Derby, Bought players, Forest, Bought players, Montpellier, Bought players, Arsenal, bought players.

Cookie Denied.

Only club on record that didn't technically "buy the title" Was Celtic in the 60's

Montpellier won the title FAIRLY in the eyes of the idiots.

And Derby didnt bought expensive player or needed a Roman Abramovich, anyway, I'll tell you, JS Kabylie won the title with most of players from the region in the Algerian first division, so.

Cookie ! Now.

Montpellier won the title FAIRLY in the eyes of the idiots.

And Derby didnt bought expensive player or needed a Roman Abramovich, anyway, I'll tell you, JS Kabylie won the title with most of players from the region in the Algerian first division, so.

Cookie ! Now.

You ain't getting no cookie son!

Celtic was the only team to win the European Cup and Title fielding 11 home grown players.

tumblr_m9mqvoOsEX1rol1w1.gif

You ain't getting no cookie son!

Celtic was the only team to win the European Cup and Title fielding 11 home grown players.

tumblr_m9mqvoOsEX1rol1w1.gif

Oh ho ho, we were talking about winning the first division, so, GIVE ME MY FUCKING COOKIE.

And, JSKabily, my favourite team won the African version of the European Cup with most of the squad from the club.

Barcelona won the 2008-2009 European Cup with Valdes, Puyol,Piqué, Xavi, Busquets, Messi, Iniesta and some other like Ovrebo, if you that is "buying the title" I dont understand.

Oh ho ho, we were talking about winning the first division, so, GIVE ME MY FUCKING COOKIE.

And, JSKabily, my favourite team won the African version of the European Cup with most of the squad from the club.

Barcelona won the 2008-2009 European Cup with Valdes, Puyol,Piqué, Xavi, Busquets, Messi, Iniesta and some other like Ovrebo, if you that is "buying the title" I dont understand.

Barcelona also have one of the most expensive squads in the world and they pay the most wages to their players. No one gives a fuck whether or not you have a bunch of homegrown players in the team if you still feel the need to buy the most expensive players every transfer window. For example, during Guardiola's reign they paid nearly fifty million euros for Chygynskiy and Keirrison, the former turned out to be one of the biggest flops ever and the latter has never played a game for Barca depite the 20m price tag. I could go on, but that's hardly relevant.

Barcelona also have one of the most expensive squads in the world and they pay the most wages to their players. No one gives a fuck whether or not you have a bunch of homegrown players in the team if you still feel the need to buy the most expensive players every transfer window. For example, during Guardiola's reign they paid nearly fifty million euros for Chygynskiy and Keirrison, the former turned out to be one of the biggest flops ever and the latter has never played a game for Barca depite the 20m price tag. I could go on, but that's hardly relevant.

To spend 100 million every summer is madness, not 50 million on two that have been sold now, and, what you say is complete no-sense if you read what we were talking about, anyway, we're off topic so, end of story, it was cool before you bring you idiocy to prove that you really, are idiot.Just imagine if Barcelona decide to sell Iniesta & Piqué, they would have a lot of money because they made them great players, they were unknown.

Didn't know Villa, Sanchez, Eto'o, Henry, Toure, Sylvinho,and Alves were homegrown...

Didn't know Villa, Sanchez, Eto'o, Henry, Toure, Sylvinho,and Alves were homegrown...

2008-2009.

I think every "catalan" is proud of that achivement, and no one will tell you that they bough the title, anyway, I took my cofee, no need for cookie now, even if I was right.We're going off topic, end of disscution.

To spend 100 million every summer is madness, not 50 million on two that have been sold now, and, what you say is complete no-sense if you read what we were talking about, anyway, we're off topic so, end of story, it was cool before you bring you idiocy to prove that you really, are idiot.Just imagine if Barcelona decide to sell Iniesta & Piqué, they would have a lot of money because they made them great players, they were unknown.

Did you know that after Guardiola took over in 2008 Barcelona have a net spend of minus 220 million? Considering the homegrown talent they already have, outspending 99% of the clubs is a bit overkill, wouldn't you say? Some cynical person could even go as far as say they bought the titles. As a Chelsea fan we can't really take moral high ground here but it's naive to think Barcelona won the trophies just because of the La Masia graduates they have in their team because many of their core players have been bought for some of the biggest transfer fees ever and all of their players are paid ridiculously high wages. If they couldn't compete in the wage market, most of their supposedly loyal academy products would have fucked off years ago.

Also, they bought Pique from Manchester United, essentially making United the club that made him. Same goes for Cesc Fabregas and Jordi Alba, they may have played for Barcelona when they were kids but they're just as much bought players as most of our players are now and we don't take credt for making them the players they are now. Or would you consider Real Madrid to be a respectable club that raises world class players in their academy and then gives them a fair chance in the first team if they now bought Juan Mata from us for 50m?

Did you know that after Guardiola took over in 2008 Barcelona have a net spend of minus 220 million? Considering the homegrown talent they already have, outspending 99% of the clubs is a bit overkill, wouldn't you say? Some cynical person could even go as far as say they bought the titles. As a Chelsea fan we can't really take moral high ground here but it's naive to think Barcelona won the trophies just because of the La Masia graduates they have in their team because many of their core players have been bought for some of the biggest transfer fees ever and all of their players are paid ridiculously high wages. If they couldn't compete in the wage market, most of their supposedly loyal academy products would have fucked off years ago.

I dont think that, Xavi had the opportunity to go to Manchester United, why he is still at Barcelona ? Piqué was no body, he was recalled and Pep made him the defender he is today, Puyol is the captain, Valdes is the main keeper, Iniesta ? Why he is still at Barcelona ? After the 2006 European Cup, he could leave the club for better ? Messi ? Busquets? Maybe because they love the club.

Yes they are paid very well, but they fully deserve they wages and compared to some...

We were talking mainly about teams that created their selves and won the European Cup, I know Forest under Clough, Ajax under Rinus Michel, there is certainly others, Barcelona is a good example for the 21st century.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

I dont think that, Xavi had the opportunity to go to Manchester United, why he is still at Barcelona ? Piqué was no body, he was recalled and Pep made him the defender he is today, Puyol is the captain, Valdes is the main keeper, Iniesta ? Why he is still at Barcelona ? After the 2006 European Cup, he could leave the club for better ? Messi ? Busquets? Maybe because they love the club.

Yes they are paid very well, but they fully deserve they wages and compared to some...

We were talking mainly about teams that created their selves and won the European Cup, I know Forest under Clough, Ajax under Rinus Michel, there is certainly others, Barcelona is a good example for the 21st century.

I don't think you even remotely understood Pr22's post.

He put forth a hypothetical situation where Barcelona didn't have their financial power. Let's say they had the amount of cash Everton has. Do you really think people like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Busquets would have stayed around at Barcelona long enough if the maximum wage the received was 30,000p/w? They look like they perfect servants for the club, but if they really cared about Barcelona they'd take substantial pay cuts. Do they really need 250,000p/w? 30,000p/w is more than most people in the world survive a year with. Why are they payed so much if they love the club? They are only putting the club in a worse position by taking so much money from them. A true servant would do anything they could for the club to make it stronger. Why do they need to negotiate pay rises everytime they get a new contract? Surely the must understand they are holding the club at ransom? They are greedy people, there is no other way to look at it. They take, take, take, take, take and some occasionaly give back. But do they give back enough? probably not.

I don't think you even remotely understood Pr22's post.

He put forth a hypothetical situation where Barcelona didn't have their financial power. Let's say they had the amount of cash Everton has. Do you really think people like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Busquets would have stayed around at Barcelona long enough if the maximum wage the received was 30,000p/w? They look like they perfect servants for the club, but if they really cared about Barcelona they'd take substantial pay cuts. Do they really need 250,000p/w? 30,000p/w is more than most people in the world survive a year with. Why are they payed so much if they love the club? They are only putting the club in a worse position by taking so much money from them. A true servant would do anything they could for the club to make it stronger. Why do they need to negotiate pay rises everytime they get a new contract? Surely the must understand they are holding the club at ransom? They are greedy people, there is no other way to look at it. They take, take, take, take, take and some occasionaly give back. But do they give back enough? probably not.

Well in that case, 98 % of professional players playing in big clubs are doing the same.My point is that Barcelona won the European Title under Pep Guardiola with most of the players from La Masia, I'm I wrong ? No, now, I dont care about their wages, if they want more, Barcelona board of directors can sell the players.

Well in that case, 98 % of professional players playing in big clubs are doing the same.My point is that Barcelona won the European Title under Pep Guardiola with most of the players from La Masia, I'm I wrong ? No, now, I dont care about their wages, if they want more, Barcelona board of directors can sell the players.

They still bought the title. Reggardless of how you look at it. Even if the player that scored the winning goal cost them $1 in transfer fees, they still bought the title. Why? Because no matter how you look at it they still spent money to buy a player that won them a title. It doens't matter how much money was spent, the point is that money was still spent to win the title.

Until they day comes when a team of volunteers wins the title, every single team has bought the title.

They still bought the title. Reggardless of how you look at it. Even if the player that scored the winning goal cost them $1 in transfer fees, they still bought the title. Why? Because no matter how you look at it they still spent money to buy a player that won them a title. It doens't matter how much money was spent, the point is that money was still spent to win the title.

Until they day comes when a team of volunteers wins the title, every single team has bought the title.

That is you point of view, I fully respect that, but I certainly prefer to win with players coming from my town, my beloved youth system, and my team.If they are good, they deserve good wages.I will be very proud the day we'll win the Premier League with seven or eight players from our youth academy system.

That is you point of view, I fully respect that, but I certainly prefer to win with players coming from my town, my beloved youth system, and my team.If they are good, they deserve good wages.I will be very proud the day we'll win the Premier League with seven or eight players from our youth academy system.

So will I...I wasn't advocating buying players with huge fees. I don't know if it's intentional or not but it seems like you are implying that I don't want youth in the team...

I don't really understand where you came from with that, came out of the blue...

That was exactly my point, in modern football every big club are doing the same thing and because of that it's ridiculous to somehow glorify this Barcelona team and make them to to be any more than they are, a side built with a lot of money to compete for silverware. I consider it to be essentially the same thing if Barcelona play with half the team from their academy and the other half bought with record-breaking money and then some other team just use the same amount of money to pay for the whole squad if they don't have any academy products. End result is the same, an expensive team capable of challenging for trophies, and option A is no more respectable than option B in my opinion.

But I guess that's enough off-topic, maybe there's a more suitable thread where this can be discussed further if you still feel the need. ;)