Roman Abramovich Thread

What's up with those rumoures that he would be arrested by FBI, wich his advisor denies... ??

There were rumors that he was detained in the US by the FBI but his spokesman denied it. Later the FBI denied it as well. Probably just a ploy to affect the stocks of his oil company.

Just found this piece in the book Abramovich: The Chelsea Diary

Abramovich's passion for football had been activated when he went to the 2002 World Cup finals in Japan and Korea. But he first set his heart on owning a club when he sampled the atmosphere of a Champions League tie between Manchester United and Real Madrid at Old Trafford and thought seriously about buying United.

Abramovich says, 'It was a very beautiful game and I realised I couldn't pass it by. That's when I decided I really wanted to be involved in football. The whole atmosphere got to me. On the way back to Moscow, I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I said to my people, "Find me a football club." I looked at ten clubs in England, of which four were "possibles".'

Then, there are lines that Abramovich looked at Spurs first and even met Daniel Levy. This was Roman's shortlist - Lazio, United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea.

http://www.amazon.com/Abramovich-Chelsea-Diary-Harry-Harris/dp/1844540480

Playing like Barca? Nah...

Let me remind you some of their results.

5-0 vs Madrid.

4-0 vs Bayern

3-1 vs Man United

4-1 vs Arsenal

3-1 vs Arsenal

6-2 vs Madrid

4-0 against most of La Liga teams.

Two Champions League in three years, and they are among the favourite with this one.

Their football may irritate, but I want my team to win, and Barca does it very well, by scoring goals, we need to play more football in my opinion, just like we did under José and Carlo's first season.

5-0 vs Madrid.

4-0 vs Bayern

3-1 vs Man United

4-1 vs Arsenal

3-1 vs Arsenal

6-2 vs Madrid

Two Champions League in three years, and they are among the favourite with this one.

Their football may irritate, but I want my team to win, and Barca does it very well, by scoring goals, we need to play more football in my opinion, just like we did under José and Carlo's first season.

Play like under Carlo's first season, that's good...

Maybe... I didn't see Jose's Chelsea...

Oh boy. Certainly, you missed a lot. Jose was charismatic, a great tactician, a bit arrogant but that comes with success though.

Despite of stories about him, mostly bad about his behavior, I still like to see him at Chelsea.

5-0 vs Madrid.

4-0 vs Bayern

3-1 vs Man United

4-1 vs Arsenal

3-1 vs Arsenal

6-2 vs Madrid

Isn't Shaktar's Style better? They can play short passes and they can knock the odd ball long.

Isn't that why Shaktar r so unpredictable? U often always know how Barca will approach the game and Barca defend terribly. Just play negative against them it works very well.

I'm not denying Barca' style is great I'm just saying that it's not the best nor am denying that Barca is a gr8 team.

Fuck Barcelona. I don't want Chelsea to be like them. I want Chelsea to forge it's own identity and culture. I don't want to be a knock off from some crazy Catalonian club. To be like Barça is to give in and become a shell of a club, Chelsea doesn't need to emulate anything, Chelsea needs to be itself.

Wow....that post had it all.

You sir are the 'The Kooks' of writing forum posts.

Oh boy. Certainly, you missed a lot. Jose was charismatic, a great tactician, a bit arrogant but that comes with success though.

Despite of stories about him, mostly bad about his behavior, I still like to see him at Chelsea.

Yeah i know lol... what can i do that i fell in love with football only in 2006+...

Yeah i know lol... what can i do that i fell in love with football only in 2006+...

Nothing now, just keep on trucking. Chelsea will be fine, soon.

I have been watching football for years. I began to like Chelsea around 2001 & when Roman bought the club, later, hired Jose those were the days, they say. Nothing like it now.