Roman Abramovich Thread

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One thing to note is if the purchase of the club ends up being around the £2bn mark, it will be a markedly bigger investment to the likes of the owners that have purchased United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

It's a big splash and whilst the club needs to continue working towards a more self-sufficient nature and almost certainly more prudent and shrewd in the transfer market compared to previous years, it's not in the interests of the new owners to just let the club coast into mediocrity. The value of the investment is already high and probably questionable as it is, it will plummet if the new owners don't keep us competitive and challenging for trophies.

I don't think Abra spent all that much last summer on transfers.
I make it a net 20-25 million or am I wrong ?
More money were spent of course in contract renewals and salaries and he was prepared to land the cash for Haaland but Borussia objected.

2 hours ago, gdlk said:

Ok where are UEFA and FIFA how could Government privatize a club and do such things= destroying it?  Where are Chelsea lawers?? 

Chill. The UK government will not let Chelsea go into administration because of this. They are as crooked as Forest Gumps legs but one thing is for sure, they won't let Chelsea be, in your words 'destroyed' by this.

Edited by DDA

12 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Money is probably the easiest route to success but it's no guarantee, just like success doesn't need to be built purely on financial resources. Just ask United fans.

ask PSG!! 🤣

Citeh to a point (massive fail at continental and global level)

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Says Three only suspended their sponsorship. 

Will we return to them after this all blows over? Its already confirmed Roman will no longer be owner, so why did they even pull out when its confirmed he won't be owner anymore?

well I already switched us back to Tele 2, so FUCK Tre

I brook no truck with fence riders

10 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The property developer is working on finding investors and his proposals include plans for an expensive redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, which could work in his favour. Candy, a Chelsea fan, is worth a reported £1.5bn.

🤟🏽

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

In this article from The Guardian it sounds like the British government are taking over the sale?

However the government is keen to target Abramovich rather than Chelsea, which it views as a “significant cultural asset”, and it will consider an application for a new licence that would permit a sale. Chris Philp, the digital and technology minister, said on Friday that Abramovich would be prevented from selling the club but potential buyers could approach the government with takeover proposals as long as the Russian would not benefit from the deal.

The viability of potential buyers is being discussed in political circles. Boehly and Wyss remain confident that their consortium, which includes an unnamed businessman, will be viewed favourably by the government and Premier League.

It is understood that Candy, a Tory donor, is also seen as a strong contender to buy Chelsea. The property developer is working on finding investors and his proposals include plans for an expensive redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, which could work in his favour. Candy, a Chelsea fan, is worth a reported £1.5bn.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/11/nick-candy-todd-boehly-hansjorg-wyss-serious-Chelsea-buyers-government-roman-abramovich

This is all bollocks and I am fuming. Where is the transparency? Everywhere we turn, including the article quoted here, we are told Roman has links with Putin but no report EVER mention's what those links are and why they are such as to warrant the measures taken against him, against Chelsea and against us. I don't claim that there are no links, nor that Roman shouldn't be sanctioned if they do exist, but all I ever see are assertions, never any specific descriptions of the links and never any evidence to back up the assertions.

Without substantiation of the charges what we are witnessing is a modern day witch hunt.

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is all bollocks and I am fuming. Where is the transparency? Everywhere we turn, including the article quoted here, we are told Roman has links with Putin but no report EVER mention's what those links are and why they are such as to warrant the measures taken against him, against Chelsea and against us. I don't claim that there are no links, nor that Roman shouldn't be sanctioned if they do exist, but all I ever see are assertions, never any specific descriptions of the links and never any evidence to back up the assertions.

Without substantiation of the charges what we are witnessing is a modern day witch hunt.

Think you're reacting to an older quote, mate.

If the latest reports are to be believed, it looks like Roman has at least secured permission from the UK government to at least select the bidder.

The bigger issue at the moment is with Barclay's bank. Who will have to open up Chelsea's account again so that a sale can go through.  Hopefully they will stand to reason, soon.

Trivago and seemingly also Nike, still continuing to partner us is welcome news.

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Think you're reacting to an older quote, mate.

If the latest reports are to be believed, it looks like Roman has at least secured permission from the UK government to at least select the bidder.

The bigger issue at the moment is with Barclay's bank. Who will have to open up Chelsea's account again so that a sale can go through.  Hopefully they will stand to reason, soon.

Trivago and seemingly also Nike, still continuing to partner us is welcome news.

I need to clarify. The fact that the 'charges' against Roman are being supported only by assertions, not by evidence, is bollocks. I do not mean that the post to which I replied is bollocks.

The banking situation is just an item of detail that fell through the cracks between the intentions of the license and the practicalities of making it work. It's a non issue which will quickly resolve itself. Indeed according to some reports already has resolved itself.

I have some sympathy for Three who found themselves in a difficult situation. I'm ok with giving them a little time to sort out their final position on this.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/11/roman-abramovich-vladimir-putin-Chelsea-kremlin-russia

Well she's got one thing right for sure: people do seem to love an oligarch 😉

She's also fair by calling out the other absolute garbage owners of other clubs in the PL. I guess they've got to do their money laundering somewhere eh.

Edited by robsblubot

7 hours ago, robsblubot said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/11/roman-abramovich-vladimir-putin-Chelsea-kremlin-russia

Well she's got one thing right for sure: people do seem to love an oligarch 😉

She's also fair by calling out the other absolute garbage owners of other clubs in the PL. I guess they've got to do their money laundering somewhere eh.

To Be clear, I am not claiming that Roman is not a legitimate target for sanctions. I'm just saying that the condemnations in the media, or even in Parliament, do not give any evidence on which the sanctions can be justified. What we have in this article therefore is probably just more bollocks. The closest thing it contains to a substantiated accusation of wrong doing is this: -

"The government claims his more measurable part in the war effort is owning 29% of a firm that may have supplied steel for Russian tanks. The firm denies it."

So, owning a minority stake in a company which may or may not sell steel to a tank manufacturer is grounds for being sanctioned? How many shareholders in the steel making businesses which supplied steel used in the illegal war against Iraq have been sanctioned? We stand firmly against war and with peace. We condemn Putin's war but if you want us to condemn the owner of our club too then show us your evidence.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie