Roman Abramovich Thread

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Trying to destroy an entire football club due to the mere association of the owner to Putin. An owner who was ALREADY IN THE PROCESS OF SELLING THE CLUB. Completely ridiculous. 

You would think that it would be in the governments best interest as well to have a swift sale to a new owner and they can get a nice PR win by donating the funds to Ukraine.

I'm reading the club is working on getting the suspension lifted. They genuinely have no right cutting off the club's reserves of money. 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

My only question is who will accept the fee to sell?

And don't you need the signature of Roman to sell? 

Or government just took over the club and everything? They will dictate who buy at what price? 

I have not seen the details but all people approaching to buy the club are now directed to get in contact with the Minister of Sport, the American firm that Roman appointed is no longer handling the sale.. The government has taken over the sale. It is feasible that the British government sells it to the highest bid, holds those funds as a frozen asset, turns it over to Abramovic when the sanctions are lifted. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm reading the club is working on getting the suspension lifted. They genuinely have no right cutting off the club's reserves of money. 

As long as Chelsea will be able to prove that no money is going to RA, then things will be able to become operational which will then expedite the sale of the club.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Simply put lack of funds for players - unless we are bought by a country eg the Greek government. Same as PSG, Man City, Newcastle...

If Johnson listens to the haters he's going the send Chelsea to the Isthmian league.
But if some decent company buys us why ?
As for Abramovitch don't say he was really the splash and dash man in recent years. Twenty years ago maybe. After Antonio's first season I even called him "mister crabs" (crabs in one's pockets - you get it).
So unless we go Isthmian league or unless we are bought by some penniless person I don't see the (immediate) problem.

Roman already indicated he would be selling the club and donating all proceeds.  The same net result as will be achieved with government intervention so why not just let the sale play out?  They’re acting as if he and the club invaded Ukraine personally.  

Just now, Vytis33 said:

Roman already indicated he would be selling the club and donating all proceeds.  The same net result as will be achieved with government intervention so why not just let the sale play out?  They’re acting as if he and the club invaded Ukraine personally.  

It's mostly the haters making noises now.
They say we were built with dirty money from the beginning, we are not a real big club like ... Arsenal and Liverpool and we should be punished with virtual extinction.

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

Will never happen but would like to see a consortium between Candyman and Boehly.

lol, I was just typing this exact same thing as I am back reading!!

and I will add I wish they had £5 billion or so more to their combined net worth, as just the 2 if them are too light 'only' around £6.75 billion or so, and the club plus the new stadium (a MIST) will cost around £4 billion or so

Wyss is worth around £4 billion, so there you go, IF those 3 can all form a workable triad, they would be coming to the table with close to £11 billion or so, which is around what Roman was worth a few years back, before the rouble started to really shit out

Government are effectively the interim owners of Chelsea football club and Abramovitch has no reason to disagree, given his earlier stance on the matter.
It's in the interests of the said government to allow the club to function as smoothly as possible and also to select the best company to buy the club at the right price.
Trips to Munich by hitch hike and other such horrors we hear have no place, because such things are not even directed against Putin or the oligarchs anymore.

One thing to note is if the purchase of the club ends up being around the £2bn mark, it will be a markedly bigger investment to the likes of the owners that have purchased United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

It's a big splash and whilst the club needs to continue working towards a more self-sufficient nature and almost certainly more prudent and shrewd in the transfer market compared to previous years, it's not in the interests of the new owners to just let the club coast into mediocrity. The value of the investment is already high and probably questionable as it is, it will plummet if the new owners don't keep us competitive and challenging for trophies.