Roman Abramovich Thread

Nick Candy wont get it, IMO.  Trying too hard and with 5 days until bid deadline, he has zero backers it seems.  I'd rule him out myself

Honestly? I think the winning team is Boehly, Wyss and Goldstein. As far as im concerned, they're taking over.  The Saudi Media stuff i suspect is nonsense

3 hours ago, milka said:

I guess they were referring mainly  Premier League and CL not  domestic cups like  FA and Carling . 

look at the pic

post 2003 they show EU trophies

my point was it really shits on us pre 2003

that 15 month run of 6 trophies was a great time

Half the world wants to buy Chelsea.
Compare this with AEK Athens in the year 2000 (respectable team - easily reached the C.L. stage of 16 those years).
The prospective buyers were:

- One funny lawyer who likes appearing in tv panels and start fights.
- A so called "king of the sardines" who turned up to be an office boy in a travel agency in Panama.
- A Greek American from Chicago who said he was a billionaire but could not sign a cheque for a small deposit.

Where is Nick Candy getting his money from to finance any deal for the club. Yes he's a very rich man but he wont use that. Any time I hear the word consortium I cringe, i immediately think of Del Boy and his pals. I've never heard of a consortium successfully running a football club. To me that leaves one option, leverage against the club value. Ie: Glazers at United. Hicks Gillett at Liverpool. Both of these are disasters, Blazers were lucky in that they invested in a well run club with a great manager, now that's all gone they've turned it into a soap opera. Liverpool were hours from going under due to those two carpet baggers. 

I know a quick sale is in the best interest of the club, but we have to be very careful in who gets our club. I'd sooner wait for the right ones, however long it takes. Yes we may lose players, manager even. But they come and go anyway, Chelsea football club must continue.

1 minute ago, Tricky Houseman said:

Where is Nick Candy getting his money from to finance any deal for the club. Yes he's a very rich man but he wont use that. Any time I hear the word consortium I cringe, i immediately think of Del Boy and his pals. I've never heard of a consortium successfully running a football club. To me that leaves one option, leverage against the club value. Ie: Glazers at United. Hicks Gillett at Liverpool. Both of these are disasters, Blazers were lucky in that they invested in a well run club with a great manager, now that's all gone they've turned it into a soap opera. Liverpool were hours from going under due to those two carpet baggers. 

I know a quick sale is in the best interest of the club, but we have to be very careful in who gets our club. I'd sooner wait for the right ones, however long it takes. Yes we may lose players, manager even. But they come and go anyway, Chelsea football club must continue.

True, they tend to break up.
Nottinhgam Forest 80s ?

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

The man is worth under a billion, isn't he?

I can't see a situation where we're bought by one person. All the front runners that people are mentioning seem to be consortium based bids so with that in mind people like Martin Broughton and Nick Candy are very much in the frame in my opinion if they have backers.

I'm past caring about who has the biggest pockets, firstly I want a club to support more than anything.

Secondly I just want someone who is going to run the club to the best of their ability and do what's right for us. Understanding English football in general but more importantly Chelsea as a football club and what it does for the local community and millions of supporters worldwide is important. It is what worries me more with the American consortiums (from what I've heard from Todd Boehly gives me a bit more encouragement however) although they are the ones with possibly the bigger resources to help keep the club competing from a financial standpoint. 

From what is understood, it won't just be the biggest bid but the best pitch and plan for moving the club forward. I see no reason why this would change if Roman is unable to access the monies anyway. Therefore we can only trust that whether it's Roman himself, or the Raine Group, that they make the correct decision on who they believe is the best option for buying our club.

First of all anyone who speaks about Roman Abramovitsh should wash his mouth with soap first.
But are all those giant conglomerations we hear of not capable of managing the Chelsea ship ?
If the sale is carried out quickly I don't see why they can't.

On 11/03/2022 at 09:45, Superblue_1986 said:

Personally I think the morality issue extends far beyond Chelsea Football Club. This has been something building and bubbling for years and has been further scrutinised in recent times with newer Premier League investors, the Super League, etc.

The facts are the Premier League need to learn lessons from this with regards to whom it allows to purchase the club. We've already had Newcastle purchased this season so it's clear there's still a blind eye being turned to where money is coming from so long as it flows into the league.

Just like in the Government right now, there needs to be a big question mark over morals running right through the football system - from owners, to players, to PL and FA exec's and even journalists who are more than happy to be dined and looked after by clubs (and many more than likely had no problem going to report the world cup in Russia at the time, or to report the next world cup in Qatar). Chelsea are firmly in the crossfires right now, but it'll be another team down the line.

Your correct but it doesn't really excuse anything with our situation . We have had a owner that has sat next to a tyrant, supported him ,  governed a province , has milked billions that has given us unparalleled success,   while we all turned the other cheek and most of us including myself excepted happily what wasn't right. Today l see that insensitive banner in the stadium and l think we don't help our selves and bring on further disapproval  .

We are know at economic war , while a innocent country is ravaged . I'm sorry l can't get my head round it .

Adrian Durham is extremely polarising (which I completely get it's his job as a radio presenter to spark debate) but he was one of the few who a few months ago rightfully praised the club's charitable work, help and support during the early days of the Covid outbreak, recent times of employing women and black people in high positions within the board and hierarchy of the club all of which were and are rarely touched upon.

This piece today for me is spot on and I have a lot of respect for someone prepared to speak out when the vast majority of his peers within the media are taking the opportunity to jump in on Chelsea. It seems like anybody associated with the club is currently only third to Putin and Roman himself in the enemy list at present.

2 hours ago, Bernie Finkle said:

Your correct but it doesn't really excuse anything with our situation . We have had a owner that has sat next to a tyrant, supported him ,  governed a province , has milked billions that has given us unparalleled success,   while we all turned the other cheek and most of us including myself excepted happily what wasn't right. Today l see that insensitive banner in the stadium and l think we don't help our selves and bring on further disapproval  .

We are know at economic war , while a innocent country is ravaged . I'm sorry l can't get my head round it .

All fans have a blind spot when it comes to their club.

The team we played today is owned by a ruler whose country executed 81 people yesterday. A country that spend billions on UK made and exported weapons.

There is an oligarch sitting in the House of Lords right now, who has given millions to the tory party, a man that has a luxury villa in Tuscany where Johnson went to parties 'full of Russian beauties' when he ditched his security, when he was Foreign Secretary.

Abramovich is an easy target.