Roman Abramovich Thread

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Emma Hayes won pundit of the year a week/ten days ago. :)

she is by far the best female footie pundit out there, brilliant, I am sure she could manage a topflight men's team

would take her over some re-tread dregs like Alan Pardew (5 wins in his last 40 topflight games, 10 in his last 65) any day

Delia Smith slams Chelsea and admits she loved Norwich fans' "dirty" chant

🤬

Chelsea fans sung Roman Abramovich's name at Carrow Road despite the Russian Oligarch being sanctioned by the UK government in the wake of Ukraine's invasion

Norwich owner Delia Smith invites recruitment chief to dinner to celebrate  win over Manchester City | Daily Mail Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-roman-abramovich-delia-smith-26449669

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Delia Smith slams Chelsea and admits she loved Norwich fans' "dirty" chant

🤬

Chelsea fans sung Roman Abramovich's name at Carrow Road despite the Russian Oligarch being sanctioned by the UK government in the wake of Ukraine's invasion

Norwich owner Delia Smith invites recruitment chief to dinner to celebrate  win over Manchester City | Daily Mail Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-roman-abramovich-delia-smith-26449669

Tbf she's not the only one to come out and say it..Tuchel has come and addressed it but that's because fans chanted his name during a clap for Ukraine which was dumb dumb 

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

that is way harsh for us pre August 2003

we already had 3 European trophies (Arse still only has 2 total after 137 years of footie)

and 12 overall

6 of those were from May 1997 through August 2000: 2 FA Cups, a CS, a League Cup, a UEFA Cup Winners Cup, and a UEFA Super Cup (beating Real Madrid, a team we have NEVER lost any game to, in August 1998)

I guess they were referring mainly  Premier League and CL not  domestic cups like  FA and Carling . 

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Tbf she's not the only one to come out and say it..Tuchel has come and addressed it but that's because fans chanted his name during a clap for Ukraine which was dumb dumb 

Today is going to be infinitely worse. The last couple of games have been away, this is a home game being shown on Sky Sports.

I think the Roman Abramovich chant goes beyond support and appreciation of Roman, it's almost now in an act of defiance against everyone who seems to be attacking the club right now because it's so provocative at present.

For me personally, I would prefer it not being chanted at present and we just focus on supporting the team. There will be a better time and place in the future to show appreciation to Roman. But things could start to turn a bit more toxic today I feel as frustrations could start to boil over regarding the treatment of the club.

It's ironic though the number of journalists that are criticising and degrading the club - they have a right not to watch if they're as disgusted as they're writing would suggest but they will all be watching today's game, many likely will even be at the game.

Sky Sports will know what is in store too and they'll be secretly loving it. They could easily have decided this week to switch to a different 2pm game today to air but this is the one they want because it's highly controversial (with Newcastle being the visitors an extra backdrop to the story with their new ownership). We'll no doubt all have to put up with the likes of Jamie Carragher (stand up guy spitting at a kid because he was getting wound up) and what appears a more increasingly politically driven Gary Neville who's always happy to flap his gums, give their 2 cents for what it's worth (completely worthless in my opinion).

From a media perspective we'll get massacred today. We can just hope the boys are motivated for getting 3 points and moving us closer to a guaranteed top 4 position.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There was an interview with this bloke linked earlier in this thread and another 30-minute one linked from that. In both of those, plus the two snippets linked here, I find Boehly to be impressive. That said I don't interpret what he says about the super League to mean that he is against it. My take is that he is against trying to do anything without taking the fans, the customers, along with you. These comments therefore would not rule out his being part of attempts to sell a repackaged version of the super League to European football fans at some point in the future.

If the bid by his consortium moves forward then we can expect media outlets to follow up on his ideas about the super League and other matters. It will be interesting to read more about his thinking.

The superleague is nonsense but it makes sense to somewhat limit the size of domestic leagues in favour of more European football.
For example 16 teams in the English premier instead of the present 20.

42 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Today is going to be infinitely worse. The last couple of games have been away, this is a home game being shown on Sky Sports.

I think the Roman Abramovich chant goes beyond support and appreciation of Roman, it's almost now in an act of defiance against everyone who seems to be attacking the club right now because it's so provocative at present.

For me personally, I would prefer it not being chanted at present and we just focus on supporting the team. There will be a better time and place in the future to show appreciation to Roman. But things could start to turn a bit more toxic today I feel as frustrations could start to boil over regarding the treatment of the club.

It's ironic though the number of journalists that are criticising and degrading the club - they have a right not to watch if they're as disgusted as they're writing would suggest but they will all be watching today's game, many likely will even be at the game.

Sky Sports will know what is in store too and they'll be secretly loving it. They could easily have decided this week to switch to a different 2pm game today to air but this is the one they want because it's highly controversial (with Newcastle being the visitors an extra backdrop to the story with their new ownership). We'll no doubt all have to put up with the likes of Jamie Carragher (stand up guy spitting at a kid because he was getting wound up) and what appears a more increasingly politically driven Gary Neville who's always happy to flap his gums, give their 2 cents for what it's worth (completely worthless in my opinion).

From a media perspective we'll get massacred today. We can just hope the boys are motivated for getting 3 points and moving us closer to a guaranteed top 4 position.

Do we still get money from telly games? Cause if so maybe it's a good thing its been shown lol. Or is it also tied up until all this is resolved?

That and like you say added potential drama. Until all settles be one of the few home games with a full crowd as well.

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Do we still get money from telly games? Cause if so maybe it's a good thing its been shown lol. Or is it also tied up until all this is resolved?

That and like you say added potential drama. Until all settles be one of the few home games with a full crowd as well.

Quite possibly, I've no idea how the broadcasting deals work and when payments, etc are made to be honest so like you said maybe it's necessary for the club at present that we're on TV as much as possible.

It's just an insanely hard watch having to put up with the club that I love getting absolutely smashed in the media. People's true colours come out in times like this.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Full agree with everything you have said bar the TV coverage. This was selected in January for TV coverage. Before they knew that things would get this bad or Roman would be sanctioned. And they would never change a game to be covered once it has been selected. But yeah now it is on selection, expect a whole hour of Chelsea off the field drama.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Quite possibly, I've no idea how the broadcasting deals work and when payments, etc are made to be honest so like you said maybe it's necessary for the club at present that we're on TV as much as possible.

It's just an insanely hard watch having to put up with the club that I love getting absolutely smashed in the media. People's true colours come out in times like this.

I've blacklisted anyone who has used this war as an excuse to score cheap points.

Won't give them the time of the day again.