Roman Abramovich Thread

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I suppose it depends on how you'd interpret 'quite a bit'. We may not win as many trophies as we have in the last 20 years, but I think we'll still remain competitive and challenge for them.

The resources Abramovich gave us is almost impossible to follow and replicate, but as long as we're purchased in a prompt manner the club is on an extremely solid footing in terms of finances (if debt free), global appeal, squad and coaching quality, academy, etc. If Tuchel had to rock this same team next season with just loan players returning we'd still be very much in the mix and likely a strong favourite for top 4.

Money is probably the easiest route to success but it's no guarantee, just like success doesn't need to be built purely on financial resources. Just ask United fans.

Wouldnt be surprised to as mid table. My point is a new owner coming right in now would face protests if we decline due to lack of funds for players ala the Glazers/Mike Ashley. The PL and indeed Championship is littered with billionaire owners who are quite happy to make a profit on their investment, and for the team to languish in mediocrity. We have been spoiled with the amount of cash splashed via the Russian people, a rare epoch of our club. PSG. Man city, Newcastle are realistically owned by nation states with unlimited funds - personally I would like to see the 'Proper Fit Person' mantra actually applied, but preferably a shift towards the Bundesliga fan owned model. 

3 hours ago, cosmicway said:

this was an improbable achievement for anyone else, but why a new wealthy owner bring us down now ?

Simply put lack of funds for players - unless we are bought by a country eg the Greek government. Same as PSG, Man City, Newcastle...

I wonder if with Three part the reason they distanced themselves is because they're supporting calls in Ukraine whichever way they can and offering support that way..so don't want to be seen also supporting Roman..

Think they'll come back after. Least others haven't followed

The sale of the club to an owner who is a responsible custodian is of course a worry. We won't get another owner like Roman who used his own money to develop the club. However my major concern is the situation with cash flow at the club at this present time. It's okay for the government to spout the usual rhetoric about cultural asset..blah blah. But people and businesses who serve the club need to be paid, also policing costs, travel. I'm not an expert on the legalities on how the money the club generates is going to be released for day to day running. I've read many pieces on the subject but most are very ambiguous with no real definite standpoint

It is understood that temporarily extends to company credit cards at Chelsea — and means they have currently been left unable to buy fuel for the team bus. 😵

https://theathletic.com/news/Chelsea-temporarily-have-company-credit-cards-frozen-after-roman-abramovich-hit-with-sanctions/frxHZZ1Eoe3K/?source=twitteruk

Edited by xPetrCechx

Trying to destroy an entire football club due to the mere association of the owner to Putin. An owner who was ALREADY IN THE PROCESS OF SELLING THE CLUB. Completely ridiculous. 

You would think that it would be in the governments best interest as well to have a swift sale to a new owner and they can get a nice PR win by donating the funds to Ukraine.

PL points from the day Abramovic bought the team, until the day he was sanctioned.

1. Chelsea – 1,452 points (710 games played)
2. Man Utd – 1,447 points
3. Liverpool – 1,349 points (711 games played)
4. Arsenal –  1,347 points (709 games played)
5. Man City – 1,328 points 
6. Tottenham – 1,195 points (710 games played)
7. Everton – 1,030 points (709 games played)