The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

what are you on? you completely misread the post

I am obviously against SL but I doubt UEFA will not be resentful. Surely they will still be raging and plotting against us as revenge for even trying as they always do

And what will they get from it?

You think Perez will sit quietly if his most recent coup fails? The Yankee owners won't try any other shit to stay relevant. 

We have massively tilted the power in favour of uefa and Fa, and they will be grateful. Pissing us off would basically be like losing one of the big teams who might be on there side the next time this shit happens. And if they are pissed, so what?

It was the right thing to do. We fucked up. And now own upto it, rather than trying to ride it out. 

The club will be tarnished with this and rightly so, but the leaks started before an official announcement that us and City weren't driving this and it's pretty obvious both have made a panicked mistake in signing up.

I think getting out first (and I think City will also to some extent) at least gives us a bit more credibility that we have realised our mistake and rectified it rather than carry on ignoring and driving this like other clubs. From what it sounds from the Premier League meeting today, Chelsea and City have been pretty much exonerated from this debacle and everyone knows which clubs are behind this. They will be the ones that take the brunt of this. I think we'll get away relatively unscathed in the long term.

I'm hoping that it doesn't fall apart immediately and the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd try holding their ground for a few more days because it'll only look even worse for them. Juventus, Real, United and Liverpool I think have really screwed themselves with this. 

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I wonder why he left...probably knew the fans would sow him a new one. Chels domino effect in full effect

Easy way out. Someone said was meant to leave in summer but this has sped it along

Edited by Laylabelle