The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

The decision was taken by owner Roman Abramovich and the Chelsea board after witnessing negative global reaction to the Super League.

There was a fear that it could do reputational damage to a club which prides itself on its anti-Semitism and community work.

Questions were raised internally as to whether fans would respond to the club if it continued with a proposal which has gone down so badly.

The decision was made earlier on Tuesday before protests started outside Stamford Bridge.

It is understood Chelsea was not one of the main drivers of the Super League idea, but felt it had to get on board when it was presented to them late last week.

35 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Do we though? Now we have the rage of uefa, fifa and the other SL clubs on us.

What have you been smoking dude. 4 clubs have already backed out. 4!!! We finally have some goodwill with literally every section of fans, media praising us. 

Stop with your agenda and propoganda. It was one of the worst things to have been proposed. We had the least to gain and most to lose. We woukd literally have been saving redundant shit clubs like arsenal and spurs, who in tje first club even tried to stop roman from getting the club. 

Just now, Randomshit said:

What have you been smoking dude. 4 clubs have already backed out. 4!!! We finally have some goodwill with literally every section of fans, media praising us. 

Stop with your agenda and propoganda. It was one of the worst things to have been proposed. We had the least to gain and most to lose. We woukd literally have been saving redundant shit clubs like arsenal and spurs, who in tje first club even tried to stop roman from getting the club. 

what are you on? you completely misread the post

I am obviously against SL but I doubt UEFA will not be resentful. Surely they will still be raging and plotting against us as revenge for even trying as they always do

Find it ironic fans of big clubs want to protect smaller ones when I'm reading every week things like: I hope Burnley or West Ham or any other club get relegated from PL and never come back. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Find it ironic fans of big clubs want to protect smaller ones when I'm reading every week things like: I hope Burnley or West Ham or any other club get relegated from PL and never come back. 

Burnley and West Ham are not really 'small clubs'

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Proper Chels

Thats that sorted then 🍻

Proper mate, and good on RA to shut this shit down.......look at the other clubs ffs pulling out mins after we went out, whatever our pride has been restored and who knows maybe now we will get some credit in the media. I just hope the media remembers whom it was that instigated this mess, make them suffer. We were not the ringleaders.