The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

I wonder why he left...probably knew the fans would sow him a new one. Chels domino effect in full effect

Considering he was one of the main men behind the whole thing, and already an unpopular person in the fan circles before all this... This would never have worked out when ESL started crashing.

Edited by calculatingInfinity

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

This is one of the most embarrassing moments in footballing history but at least we were first to pull out. 

Fantastic show up from the fans to protest.

Lmao you guys are so melodramatic. The super league was never going to happen anyway too many barriers. 

Funny how some people think that cynical conflict of multi billion dollar companies with money and power at stake has anything to do with football dying or not, the right, the wrong and any other big words, lol

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I'm going to wait for the next official update on the SL before we can pop champagnes and say it's done. It's likely it is though, but I want it OFFICIAL.

To be honest as long as we're out of it I really couldn't care less, let the rest deal with it.

Liverpool players have tweeted their feelings..good on them 

Mike Keegan:
@MikeKeegan_DM
It's had its critics, but the European Super League's knockout stages have provided a shitload of entertainment and we're only two days in.

Edited by Laylabelle

Dont get me wrong I am ecstatic we are leaving it but we still need to see now. And there should still be repercussions of some sort, particularly at board level. 

These contracts if legally binding were 23 year commitments. Thats not going to be easy to back out off and it potentially risks the super league if they go ahead, which hopefully they wont, seeking retribution for breaking these contracts. 

Lets hope they weren’t legally binding but I would imagine most of these sort of things are more than likely. 

The other teams fans and players meed to keep going, everyone still has to do their bit. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

So City have started procedures..and we're doing something? But haven't started it yet?

The club wouldn't release a statement whilst the game is on, think ours will follow later tonight.

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about. We already signed, sealed and delivered. Unless there is a get out clause that allowed us to leave officially.

We can say we don't want to be part of it, but if the contract is not allowing them to unless Perez agrees we may still have to legally play the SL.

Tonight's meeting will tell us everything if it's really dismantled.

Yeah fully agree. If its binding and they go ahead with the league and we dont join/get out, there will be some sort of action from them. Unfortunately the clubs stupidity in joining in the first place now has potentially damned us either way.