The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

If the whistle does not go the only one who could have prevented the goal  is eder who only half heartedly tried to block. Possibly he would have closed down MDL more quickly. Still terrible double call from the linesman and the ref. The lines are in and neither player is offside for Bayern 

Posted (edited)

Taking Sane off for Kim was absolutely incredible. The worst sub of the lot. An attacker who was a huge outlet foe them for a defender, who struggled in the previous leg, looking like they wanted to hand Madrid the initiative. Granted Neuer makes that mistake for first goal and it turns the game on its head but the Kim for Sane sub is mindblowing.

I can get taking Muisala off as he was down with cramp and wasn’t particularly great throughout. Even then, in other circumstances, not like Muller isn’t a good, experienced player so it could make sense either. Kane off was also on the odd side.

There will be massive inquiries into the disallowed goal by Bayern also. I mean what is the linesman doing flagging?

Without that mistake and first sub, Bayern would 100% be in the CL final. Without a doubt. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Posted (edited)

Terrible call, but I'm not entirely sure there would've been a goal -- truth is that we will never know for sure.

Neuer just makes too many mistakes for me; these games are hard enough without the goalie making such a blunder out of nothing. He was playing well until then, but that hardly matters now.

Edited by robsblubot

I will make a big call

a rare multiseason call for me (last one was years ago, that Citeh would win 3 or 4 EPL titles in a row)

Real will win 3 or more CLs in a row now

they are going to load up massively the next 2 or 3 summers

Ancelloti will stay

and will pass up all others as the greatest manager ever for a career

10 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

It was offside though. You can't score with the arm, and his scoring part of the body was ahead of Real's player... It really isn't that controversial for me. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I will make a big call

a rare multiseason call for me (last one was years ago, that Citeh would win 3 or 4 EPL titles in a row)

Real will win 3 or more CLs in a row now

they are going to load up massively the next 2 or 3 summers

Ancelloti will stay

and will pass up all others as the greatest manager ever for a career

He already is the greatest manager ever.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Thor said:

He already is the greatest manager ever.

I was going to add that if he just wins this coming final he likely is

but he is going to put it totally out of reach, and leave Fergie, Pep, Rinus Michels, Cruyff, Arrigo Sacchi, and Helenio Herrera in the dirt

Edited by Vesper

I think Real end up (in the next 2 years or so) with either

Josko Gvardiol (if Pep fucks off and/or Citeh get hammered and relegated)   
or

Alessandro Bastoni  

I think, besides Mbappe, they get (this summer) Davies for LB

and eventually end up with one of

Trent Alexander-Arnold 
Achraf Hakimi     
Reece James    (if he gets over his injury woes and if we continue to fail)

for RB

and I can see them making a play for Håland down the road

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

It was offside though. You can't score with the arm, and his scoring part of the body was ahead of Real's player... It really isn't that controversial for me. 

The lines showed that Rüdigers toe was playing all of them onside. It was a legitimate goal but even if Bayern make it to extra time, real wins it there. They were all over them and Bayern had made the weirdest subs ever to weaken themselves further. That’s the shit abt these calls. Everyone talks about them instead of te game itself 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Taking Sane off for Kim was absolutely incredible. The worst sub of the lot. An attacker who was a huge outlet foe them for a defender, who struggled in the previous leg, looking like they wanted to hand Madrid the initiative. Granted Neuer makes that mistake for first goal and it turns the game on its head but the Kim for Sane sub is mindblowing.

I can get taking Muisala off as he was down with cramp and wasn’t particularly great throughout. Even then, in other circumstances, not like Muller isn’t a good, experienced player so it could make sense either. Kane off was also on the odd side.

There will be massive inquiries into the disallowed goal by Bayern also. I mean what is the linesman doing flagging?

Without that mistake and first sub, Bayern would 100% be in the CL final. Without a doubt. 

Sane, musiala and Kane were all due to injuries/cramps apparently. TTs hands were kinda forced even though he probably still went all defense too early 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

or

Alessandro Bastoni  

Trent Alexander-Arnold 
Achraf Hakimi     

for RB

Mbappe and Davies are pretty much done deals. They are heavy linked with Leny Yoro for this summer so they take young French CB like they did with Varane. He's gonna be there with Rudiger, Militao and Alaba. Nothing more needed there. That team with those 3 already have no weak links besides RB. So they should take one of your list. I know you said Mbappe hates playing CF but I'm sure he's gonna interchange with Vini and Rodrygo. Plus Endrick is coming soon so yeah, new domination extremely likely. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

The lines showed that Rüdigers toe was playing all of them onside. It was a legitimate goal but even if Bayern make it to extra time, real wins it there. They were all over them and Bayern had made the weirdest subs ever to weaken themselves further. That’s the shit abt these calls. Everyone talks about them instead of te game itself 

Looks comfortably off from the still picture they provided. 

IMG_0863.jpeg

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

or

Alessandro Bastoni  

Trent Alexander-Arnold 
Achraf Hakimi     

for RB

There are reports Madrid are sending scouts to watch Florian Wirtz regularly 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mbappe and Davies are pretty much done deals. They are heavy linked with Leny Yoro for this summer so they take young French CB like they did with Varane. He's gonna be there with Rudiger, Militao and Alaba. Nothing more needed there. That team with those 3 already have no weak links besides RB. So they should take one of your list. I know you said Mbappe hates playing CF but I'm sure he's gonna interchange with Vini and Rodrygo. Plus Endrick is coming soon so yeah, new domination extremely likely. 

Their succession planning is great. But once Modric and Kroos go, I can see them having trouble even with all the talent they are going to hoard.