Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Damn, tremendous player. This season he played minutes equal to 5 games. Already got 2 assists, especially the one against Norwich was impressive when Mount scored he did everything and deserves 99% credit for that goal.

Today robbed for 2 assists by Kai. His shot against Newcastle led to Reece goal... Against Zenit should got easy goal but Lukaku was selfish in the last minute... So much influence in very limited minutes.

And he just started and will only get better. Deserves to start more often than not. TT will get best out of him.

Guys like SMS and Tielemans were mentioned before because we wanted MF who is good in the final 3rd, well we got that with Ruby. Plus Kova improved a lot, already on 1g and 5a this season.

Not necessarily in double pivot because Kova, Jorgi and Kante are also all playing great, today for example he left Jorginho alone and went further so when we play 3412 he should be starter as AM without a doubt.

Edited by NikkiCFC

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Damn, tremendous player. This season he played minutes equal to 5 games. Already got 2 assists, especially the one against Norwich was impressive when Mount scored he did everything and deserves 99% credit for that goal.

This, exposing your double standards once again and your clear agenda against Mason.  If Mount scores a tap-in, the assist giver did 99% of the work, but when Ziyech scores tap-ins, you praise his goal return.

It's one or the other my friend.

I certainly have to put my hand up and say I was wrong. I completely wrote him off (justifiably because he did nothing out on loan) but my goodness, he has looked incredible. Not just showing a flash here and there either. He is consistently and effortlessly gliding and bursting past players, sometimes 2 or 3 at once. He’s also physically dominant as well.

He could be sort of a “secret weapon” for us this season since most opponents don’t really expect him. Also allows us to rest Kante much more regularly.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I certainly have to put my hand up and say I was wrong. I completely wrote him off (justifiably because he did nothing out on loan) but my goodness, he has looked incredible. Not just showing a flash here and there either. He is consistently and effortlessly gliding and bursting past players, sometimes 2 or 3 at once. He’s also physically dominant as well.

He could be sort of a “secret weapon” for us this season since most opponents don’t really expect him. Also allows us to rest Kante much more regularly.

I wrote Ruben off too but I'm not yet ready to say I was wrong. I hope I was but it'll take more of what we have seen recently to sell me.

Throughout the near ten years I've been watching Ruben my complaint has been the same; he has the talent but he does not make enough use of it to create a positive impact . He too often lets the game pass him by as exemplified by his displays for England during the 2018 World Cup. I once saw an England U21 game where Ruben touched the ball just three times in a twenty minute spell. It doesn't matter how talented you are, if you don't impose it you're a non factor.

I've argued for years that what was wrong with Ruben is in his head. Has Professor Tuchel reached in there to clear whatever blockage was preventing the penny dropping? I hope so. I'm willing it to be so but I need more, and sustained, evidence.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I wrote Ruben off too but I'm not yet ready to say I was wrong. I hope I was but it'll take more of what we have seen recently to sell me.

Throughout the near ten years I've been watching Ruben my complaint has been the same; he has the talent but he does not make enough use of it to create a positive impact . He too often lets the game pass him by as exemplified by his displays for England during the 2018 World Cup. I once saw an England U21 game where Ruben touched the ball just three times in a twenty minute spell. It doesn't matter how talented you are, if you don't impose it you're a non factor.

I've argued for years that what was wrong with Ruben is in his head. Has Professor Tuchel reached in there to clear whatever blockage was preventing the penny dropping? I hope so. I'm willing it to be so but I need more, and sustained, evidence.

Yep. He and Barkley both had the same negative trait when they were playing for us previously. They are slow and indecisive players with the ball at their feet. They would get it, stand on it too long, or make a lazy pass.

They have each done the opposite so far under TT. Ruben will now get the ball and either Cary it forward immediately or quickly cycle it to someone else.

Tuchel has repeatedly said that nobody doubts his talent and is clearly impressed with how he’s finally applying it.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The thing is though you guys set a really low bar for Ruben in the summer. You guys thought it was a waste of time for him to be given a pre season and a look from Tuchel. I thought it was insane how aggressive that position was on Ruben.

He has surpassed that bar, he has been a quality squad player and provided valuable minutes and starts to our season. He has provided depth and a solution to our midfield behind Jorginho, Kante, and Kovacic.

I still find it unlikely for him to nail himself as a starter, if that is new bar you have for him then that is another thing.

20 hours ago, Pizy said:

Me too, add me to the list.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Strike said:

Happy for him and thankful no one took a punt on him for a loan in the summer.

Earlier this season I posted to say that Ruben seemed to have run out of managers willing to back his potential. Whether by luck or judgement he seems to have found the only one who is.

I am currently in the @OhForAGreavsie boat. RLC has improved this year and looks like he is stepping up and reaching his potential. I will need to see him do this for a substantial amount of time before I can completely get on board as he has had a purple patch before and injuries never seem far away for him. Hopefully he can keep the consistency. 

However, one thing his performances (along with Trev's) have proven again is that we really shouldn't be looking outside of the club for squad option roles as the young boys' are capable of filling these holes. 

Edited by King Kante