Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Should have done enough to put himself in the shop window tho.

Maybe he should move to Italy, that would suit his laid back temperament and still give him a physical edge.

Yeah of the wages his is the most reasonable to suggest we could sell vs loan. Only 60kpw

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah of the wages his is the most reasonable to suggest we could sell vs loan. Only 60kpw

I've seen a lot of reports suggest he's on around £150k a week and one of our highest paid players.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I go by Sportac and they are pretty reliable. Suggests he’s on 55-60K

Defo an old contract. When he signed his new deal, he signed on around £150k p/w. He was a key part of the team when he signed the contract and we gave him a deal to reflect that plus his growing potential. Maybe 55-60k is after tax, however before tax he defo is earning around £150k p/w. He was our most in form player after Hazard before he got that nasty injury.

19 hours ago, Stats said:

Defo an old contract. When he signed his new deal, he signed on around £150k p/w. He was a key part of the team when he signed the contract and we gave him a deal to reflect that plus his growing potential. Maybe 55-60k is after tax, however before tax he defo is earning around £150k p/w. He was our most in form player after Hazard before he got that nasty injury.

multiple salaries claimed, including some tweets that lie and say 150K is per the BBC, which it was not

899583cf7f1ce06d57b0bfcb565bd0c2.png97ba99c2bcf3d9ca2aff325c071dea4f.png

• 4 months later...

Credit where its due.

Imperious performance at RWB, and just as good after being shifted to CM. He could circumvent the need for getting additional RB cover. Played against Madrid too, I think in RWB?

The only thing left is trying him out as a false 9 like Conte once did.

You can see why rwb suits him.

Gives him the space to start his motor. And when once he is on the run, physically and technically he is so good that it's difficult to stop him. 

Also it helps him by not having the game literally pass him half the time. He can be a good Swiss knife as a rwb, cm, cam utility player. 

On 16/08/2022 at 05:37, Hermione said:

Give him a chance to let him make the spot his, please don't waste the money on Gorgon.

Gordon will go into the front 3 imo. I think he is seen as a replacement for the Ziyech/Pulisic.

As for the defensive roles outside of CCB I think TT plan is to have a very fluid system in which the RCB/RWB and LCB/LWB dovetail (I mentioned this when we signed Cucu; although I Limited my comments to LWB/LCB.) For me, I think we are going to operate a system where it is going to cause real problems for opposition teams as they won't really know who to track out wide as when one gets pinned/marked the other will then go around and offer the width. It is quite clever if he can pull this off and ensure we don't get left open on the counter. Additionally, in games where teams sit super deep on us, I can see us operating a virtual 244 formation. 

I am hoping RLC can really keep some consistency this season, because if he can perform like that every week, he gives us an extra creative player when playing against defensive low blocks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Playing well but still the king of doing the most pointless step overs when he gets the ball when absolutely not one opposition player is near him. Like he did it when he had about 25m of space and I was sat there like wtf is the point 😂 just sums his career up really.

Am expecting this patch to fade and him to leave eventually. Unless he wants to be a squad player. 

The issue is that we have an abundance of midfielders that offer the same thing in Kante, Kovacic, Ruben, and Zakaria. All of which are ball carriers that offer nothing in the final third in terms of creativity or goal threat. 

I'd keep Kova and Ruben as squad players next season, but we genuinely need two massive upgrades in the summer, arguably three. A profile that offers creativity and one that offers defensive cover is a must. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue