Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

There's nothing more I could add to the reactions here, but I was amazed by his composure when he had Lionel Messi running at him. Amazing not to slip up in concentration and concede a penalty or let him skin him.. Nope, just a solid no nonsense game. Well done to the lad, proving to be a wonderful addition to this squad.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a performance by Cahill and JT tonight.

I doubted this lad when he first signed for us but he has put a string of top quality performances in recently and I am absolutely delighted for him supposing he had a really bad game vs Napoli in Italy, hopefully more of this impressive games to come and you never know..... he could be a future Chelsea legend.

Cahill for his price tag was a steal for a backup CB any day, Arsenal are actually stupid to let that opportunity go away. However Cahill has really stood up with every passing game and is now good enough to play in the first 11. We really got a good deal on this one.

Gary Cahill's performance last night was for me one of the most pleasing aspects. I highly rated him before he moved to Chelsea and was naturally delighted when we bought him in January. However I can openly admit I was worried about him replacing Luiz last night.

His ability is unquestionable but he had looked shaky in the Napoli away and Benfica home (when on as a sub) games. This is expected when he has had no real experience playing in Europe at that level.

A poor performance last night could have really put him back in terms of confidence and development as a top class centre back. The second half performance really showed his potential IMO and a couple of last man perfectly timed tackles, particularly one on Messi were superb.

The chants of 'only one Gary Cahill' were richly deserved and he is proving to be a bargain each passing game.

Another good game for the big fella. I still laugh when I think of the people who didn't want him because he was only a bolton player.

Guilty! :lol: - Not because he was a Bolton player though, just thought he was a bit overhyped and wouldn't fit in a big club. So glad I was wrong though!