Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Justin3d] And now he's brilliant :Goober: [/Justin3d]

In all honesty, just glad he's playing games for us. Looks so good us having three English defenders at the heart of the team :D Add in Frank and Studge and we have half our outfield squad as English players, which is a welcome change to Chelsea teams of recent years.

And that's why Chelsea sucks, cause the English national team is mediocre at best!

We should be having more Germans, and Spaniards the top dogs in today's game.

But we're and English club, and I want to see English players. I'm not at all being xenophobic or prejudiced when I say this, but I think it means more to the English fans that we are getting some quality young English talent in the youth team at the minute, and we should promote that. Look at Barca and Real - almost their entire team is Spanish. I'd love for us to have more English players.

But we're and English club, and I want to see English players. I'm not at all being xenophobic or prejudiced when I say this, but I think it means more to the English fans that we are getting some quality young English talent in the youth team at the minute, and we should promote that. Look at Barca and Real - almost their entire team is Spanish. I'd love for us to have more English players.

That's cause Spaniard players are top dog today as I said.

Now let me ask you a question, was it like that a decade or two ago? Did Barcelona and Madrid had a lot of Spaniards players in their team as they do today?

If no, then you have your answer.

If yes, then your point is well understood.

I understand your point but I want the best team we can have to compete. If that includes English players then great but if it doesn't that doesn't bother me. Also you have to pay a premium for good English players in this country.

I don't necessarily agree that we can relate to English players more. When you see the enthusiasm of a player like David Luiz or the length of service players like Cech and Drogba have given the club.

Our most iconic figure in the history of our club is Italian, and Arsenal's in French.

In all honesty, just glad he's playing games for us. Looks so good us having three English defenders at the heart of the team :D Add in Frank and Studge and we have half our outfield squad as English players, which is a welcome change to Chelsea teams of recent years.

It would get even better if Hutchinson can recover fully and play for the first team.

That's cause Spaniard players are top dog today as I said.

Now let me ask you a question, was it like that a decade or two ago? Did Barcelona and Madrid had a lot of Spaniards players in their team as they do today?

If no, then you have your answer.

If yes, then your point is well understood.

Looking at Barcelona's 1990s team, there was still a very good proportion of Spanish in the squad. Perhaps equal or even better to today's contingent, as there was no limitation on squad size previously. You only need to look at their squad that we came up against in '97. But I see your point, I am not being ignorant of it. I would just like to see as much English talent as possible in this Chelsea side, but that is the patriot in me talking, I feel.

I don't necessarily agree that we can relate to English players more. When you see the enthusiasm of a player like David Luiz or the length of service players like Cech and Drogba have given the club.

Our most iconic figure in the history of our club is Italian, and Arsenal's in French.

I see what you are saying but I feel you are missing my point. I am not saying we regard our English players more than those of any other nationality. What I am saying, is I presume that for a British Chelsea supporter, there is perhaps more desire to see young British talent at the club than there is for an American or Indian supporter, for instance. I am not saying there is no interest from other nationalities, but I think it excites the English core more to see young lads like Josh and Ryan than it does for others. I am not being xenophobic, that is just how I have witnessed it on this forum over the last five years; our British members seem more enthusiastic about young British talent than worldwide users do. Again, it is the patriot in us, I think! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Problem with Chelsea defence remains, whenever Terry is injured. Cahill seems good defender, but he is not that extra I hoped. Definately far from his form from last season with Bolton, when Barca was interested for him...

I dont know, but ocassionaly he seems slugish in defence...Not sure at all and leaves space for opponents...He is becoming better, but still far from Terrys and miles away from Terry's best...

Problem with Chelsea defence remains, whenever Terry is injured. Cahill seems good defender, but he is not that extra I hoped. Definately far from his form from last season with Bolton, when Barca was interested for him...

I dont know, but ocassionaly he seems slugish in defence...Not sure at all and leaves space for opponents...He is becoming better, but still far from Terrys and miles away from Terry's best...

:blink: :blink:

He was easily one of our best players since he came :fainthv9:

Barca were interested in Cahill?WTFFFFFFFFF

Yeah, I think he's been great. Think we made a great purchase. Not only is he a good defender, he's shown he has great determination and passion. Not easy to find, especially when you consider he came from a club who were constantly loosing and in the relegation zone.

i didnt say he was bad...but yesterday against benfica...after terry left it was more problem in defense. cahill didnt made any real mistake, but the goal was in the air for last 20min, after terry being replaced.

Looks shaky in the CL, which is understandable considering it is brand new territory for him. So for that competition in the semi's against Barca it has to remain Terry and David Luiz, they have the vast CL experience, ease Gary into that competition next season in the group stage should we make it next season.

Domestically however he has been fantastic and like Luiz he has been a fantastic signing, but comparison's in their partnership (Cahill and Luiz's) to Terry and Carvalho's in 04-06 is a bit premature.

I saw rumours - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/19/football-transfer-rumours - on that but don't tell you're believing it??!!

Just like everyone else have said, he has done alright since he's been here and it's harsh to just pinpoint him when Terry is absent from the starting XI. Only question mark I have on him, as Tomo pointed out, is him playing Europe at the moment.