Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

He is doing his job perfectly in defending, but he can't organise the defense and midfield and bark orders at everyone like Terry does. It is very unlikely that we will ever get a captain like John, it's unfair to compare anyone to him.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Terry and Carvalho were another world. At that time, we actualy had best defence in the world with Terry and Cole regulary in UEFA Team of the year...+Carvalho, Ferreira, Bossingwa. The latter 3 already left, or play very badly now...

In those times, we were regarded as a defensively one of the strongest teams in world, conceding only few goals per season...Now any team can score 2 goals against us.

But yes, Cahill is good anyway, while Luiz is young and he will learn evenualy. The progress of him, comparing to first half of this season is unbelievable. He is realy similar to Carvalho, but has to learn how to defend more and attack less.

So far he has been a quality signing. I can't remember him being that good at Bolton, i know Seb even said he was a very overrated player. And to be honest i think he was at Bolton.

But over here, he has really flourished, but fuck it i don't want to jinx it. Please keep playing well Cahill.

Very good job Andre, now do one lol.

We do have great CBs. With JT, Cahill, Luiz and Ivanovic we probably have the strongest defence in the league. If we just had the consistent regular RB, we woulda been a lot more solid this season. Not far away tho from being as solid as before.

Glad for Gary Cahill that he came on and rested his ghosts of last season's FA Cup semi where he conceded 5. Exercised his ghost in the perfect way.

Was thinking the same. Good for the lad.

But I heard he limped off yesterday with toe injury. With Luiz looking out injured with a hamstring injury, we can't have another CB getting injured, not at this time!

Am i the only one worried about Cahill facing Barca? he has been shaky as hell in the Champions League so far.

Same here. Wouldn't say he is shaky as hell as he's only played 2 games in CL so far but I definitely still have question marks over him in Europe. That is why I suggested the other day to go with Ferreira-Ivanovic-Terry-Cole as the back 4. Doubt many will agree with that though.