Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

TBF, I think the whole defence was awful yesterday. No disrespect to Leicester but to be given the run around as much as they did was pathetic. We didn't close them down and were letting them shooting from distance and we panicked almost every single time they got into our box.

I thought Iva did rather well at the back, while Rayn obviously had orders to venture forward more than usual. Bosingwa......did as badly as I had expected him to do defensively.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we need a RB, like Cesar Azpilicueta and we will have a very good and fast defense for next season.

Azpi - Cahill - David Luiz- Ryan.

Not bad at all, not bad. You can easily play a high line with a fast defense like that.

P.S. Provided that Ryan gets the nod, and we can sell Cole, or put him to the bench to let our younger play.

Cahill has barely been here 5 minutes and he's already won me my appeal ... he is just simply brilliant!

Mark my words, if we can hold on to Gazza for a couple more years, it will be like having a 26-year-old John Terry back in our side ... he plays so similar to him at times!

Guys, don't you think seeing Luiz tackling ability and Cahill's heart and desire it looks like 04/05 Carvalho-Terry all again? Give these guys few more games and with new rb we're going to see a proper rock defence.

I'll be the first to admit, Gary Cahill has exceeded my expectations. Wasn't the biggest fan of his signing so far, but he's gone about his work cleanly and quietly. Indeed if he does keep this up he'll have a case to be starting more games, with Luiz, ahead of Terry.

I don't want to get too carried away. The true test of his ability comes in adversity, that's when you see how players truly step up. So while I still contest what we've paid, he is proving to be a very good player. I hope he maintains he's style of play, his discipline and most importantly, his partnership and understanding with Luiz & Terry.

Guys, don't you think seeing Luiz tackling ability and Cahill's heart and desire it looks like 04/05 Carvalho-Terry all again? Give these guys few more games and with new rb we're going to see a proper rock defence.

Absolutely. I think that pairing is the best we have,

Don't know why he's being slagged off and his limitations being highlighted, he's not even played for us yet.

Typical Chelsea fans.

[Justin3d] And now he's brilliant :Goober: [/Justin3d]

In all honesty, just glad he's playing games for us. Looks so good us having three English defenders at the heart of the team :D Add in Frank and Studge and we have half our outfield squad as English players, which is a welcome change to Chelsea teams of recent years.