• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

SmartSelect_20191109-171745_Facebook.jpg

The pic on the right top corner is very nice.. Number 24 of the past seven years and the new owner of it. I hope James sticks with 24 and plays as many games and won as many tropihes wearing it as Gaz.

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

SmartSelect_20191109-171745_Facebook.jpg

Think his experience and leadership has helped Palaces backline and also his individual performances this season have been good. Good to see hes getting regular minutes, we all know he didnt maybe play as often or as well in the last 2 seasons here as he could have but Palace suit him down to the ground. 

• 4 months later...

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Everyone knew his destiny when Sarri was hired because he is not ball playing defender. What did he expect? 

Maybe to be given a chance? Its not as if Sarri gave him one from day 1. Plus he was the clubs captain so I wouldnt be surprised if not only Gaz had issues with how he was marginalised in his last season. Even more when you consider how there was the talk of changing captains too at the beginning of the season.... 

Although I do agree to a degree, even under Conte, you could see he was declining but he was pretty much cast aside at the beginning without giving him any real chance. Sarri could have played him more in the Europa League and cup games at least, I dont think he would of looked completely out of his depth or as bad as the others did at times with Sarri too. 

People will mention his use of the ball obviously but there was a similar argument from when Jose was here using him ahead of Luiz when he returned and that Luiz's ability on the ball was so much more superior but again Gary wasnt exactly poor in that aspect.

Again though, regardless lf his last season, I think Gaz will go down as one of the best value for money signings the club has made in recent times, £7-8m, won everything, became the club captain. Azpilicueta obviously another one.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/gary-cahill-john-terry-palace-24546274 

Ex-Chelsea defender Gary Cahill flaunts ripped physique as John Terry cracks joke

Gary ripped in the gym but still without club.

Edited by NikkiCFC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...