Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Or Moses, who was a key figure for the title-winning team but under Sarri he became a forgotten man. Idk, maybe Sarri didn't spoke to Cahill in private, or he is just frustrated.

the only thing Sarri does in private is blow smoke inside the players heads, that can only explain why we dissapear in the 2nd half of games this season

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

He can go fuck himself the intitled prick. Always the victim not the problem smh

Harsh. He might not be the best CBs out there, but the guy has given everything for the club. At least he deserved a real chance to get back into the team, he never did.

22 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Harsh. He might not be the best CBs out there, but the guy has given everything for the club. At least he deserved a real chance to get back into the team, he never did.

I agree, Sarri all season long treated him like shit

flame away

I rate a 25 yo Cahill 10,000 leagues over a 25yo AC

I never had much issue with Gary

he was a fucking warrior for us for ages

true BLUE

that said, he should have shut his gob in public this weekend

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I agree, Sarri all season long treated him like shit

flame away

I rate a 25 yo Cahill 10,000 leagues over a 25yo AC

I never had much issue with Gary

he was a fucking warrior for us for ages

true BLUE

that said, he should have shut his gob in public this weekend

Iirc you slated him big time last season, no?

22 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

when your time is up, it's up. Gary was not the best CB I have seen at the Bridge, but he was honest and when he made mistakes he apologised immediately. He was lucky to have got his move from Bolton when he did, luckier to play side by side JT who covered for him a lot. It was coming, even Conte would have dropped him, he had an opportunity in the match against Derby and omg, it wasn't a game to remember. Will love him for those headed goals, spirit and honesty. we wish him the very best.

Great severant to the club. 7m pounds he cost. Absolute steal and he deserved an amazing send off, think hes actually been very good here over the period of his Chelsea career except last season and maybe the one when we finished 9th and deservedly ended up as captain (JT also recommended him as his successor when he left apparently). Maybe Sarri could have integrated him more but he also had the chance to go and didnt. Its a two way street not as simple as saying Sarri is at fault for not using him or respecting what hes did at the club. Regardless, a top player who had a good career here where he was a part of the clubs biggest ever success against all odds in an absolutely shambolic season in 2012. Curious to see where he goes next,  maybe a move back to Villa? If hes on a free and Villa came up hed be an excellent addition. Or even at a Southampton, Wolves or Burnley for free hed make a very good addition.

Thanks for the Memories, Cahill. I will always remember him for his determination and boy, he played with his heart on the sleeves. Yes he made mistakes which were his shortcomings but he would never step down from a fight. 

For a English player, to come in cheap and move out with so many trophies along with the respect for team mates & fans ... Kudos!!! A perfect blue!!!  

GARY CAHILL PENS FINAL CHELSEA PROGRAMME WORDS

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/10/gary-cahill-pens-final-chelsea-programme-words?cardIndex=0-2

Image result for Gary Cahill.

The matchday programme for last night’s fixture between Chelsea and Eintracht Frankfurt carried a captain’s column written for the final time by Gary Cahill.

In it, as well as reflecting on his Blues career, Cahill reserved a special thank you for the Chelsea fans. Below are his words…

It was nice to be able to say a proper goodbye to the club and the supporters on Sunday, and a proper thank you as well.

It was a great occasion at the end of the game, I really enjoyed it, my family was there too and it was special, off the back of a good result.

I heard the fans singing while I was warming up and that was a nice feeling. I’ve spent a lot of years here, I’ve had many, many, many good times and I’ve got great memories. This is a club I will never forget – the things I’ve achieved here and the friends I’ve made – it has been a massive part of my football career and my life.

Looking back at when I signed, I was just so excited to come to a big club and play at this level of the game. I look back now, thinking, “Why was I not more nervous in that Champions League run?” It was just pure excitement.

It was an incredible thing to be part of a team that made history in my first six months here, winning the Champions League in 2012. I’d wanted to be involved in that competition, and it was something very special. We all know how big it is, and how hard it is to win, so that stands out as a memory.

A very close second are the times I won the league. I’ve played in the Premier League for many years and I’d grown up watching it as a football fan, so I know how hard it is to get good results week in, week out. I had to play for a few years before I even got the move to a club that had a chance of winning it and to get over all those hurdles and get my hands on the trophy makes it very special indeed.
The consistency we showed to get to the end goal and win the title – in both 2014/15 and 2016/17 – was not easy, so those successes meant a lot to me. Lifting the Premier League trophy alongside John Terry (below) in 2017 was a great moment.

Once you win a major trophy, you just want more and more and that’swhat this club does to you. We have a winning mentality here and I definitely bought into that.

Looking back over my time here, it’s just memory after memory. It has been a bit of a rollercoaster, but we’ve had more good times than bad – that’s for sure. I look at my time here as a total success and I’m thankful to the club for giving me that opportunity and the platform to perform at the top level. I think we’ve been good for each other and I really enjoyed my time here.

Thank you all for your support, I am truly grateful. I’ll never forget it.

Chairman Bruce Buck also wrote about Cahill in last night’s programme. His words were:

On Sunday, we had the opportunity to bid farewell to Gary Cahill after more than seven years as a Chelsea player. In that time, Gary has lifted every major club honour and he has been a fantastic, committed servant. He will always be welcome back at Stamford Bridge and we wish him the best of luck wherever he chooses to go next.

• 4 weeks later...