Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

28 minutes ago, the wes said:

Remember Luiz celebrate like a maniac in that game 😟😟😟

More bad memories aka foolish board action

CHELSEA HAD SET SIGHTS ON PSG’S PRESNEL KIMPEMBE, BEFORE OPTING TO BUY BACK DAVID LUIZ

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2016/09/03/chelsea-had-set-sights-on-psgs-presnel-kimpembe-before-opting-to-buy-back-david-luiz/

Chelsea wanted Presnel Kimpembe before opting for David Luiz transfer

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2016/09/02/chelsea-wanted-presnel-kimpembe-before-opting-for-david-luiz-transfer-6106863/?ito=cbshare

fozzieheadinhand_zps8bf75725.gif

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I knew that one was the driving thing. I was bloody pissed too, but I have a lot of patience IF I do not see the same types of errors being made over and over and over (hello! Luiz!, lol)

My favourite Luiz pics

0439538LUIS780x390.jpg

Diego-Costa-et-David-Luiz1.jpg

spt_ai_chelsea_psg_31_mediagallery-page.david-luiz-repond-a-diego-costa_149977.j

Diego-Costa-David-Luiz-543811.jpg

For all of David's faults one thing you can't question is his mental strength, although you could argue with him it works against him aswell, he could make the biggest mistake in the history of football and carry on like it didn't happen. It's a shame he didn't get Sarri or even Conte as a manager during his first spell here, imo part of the reason he didn't furfill his unreal potential (and when i say potential im talking changing perspective on the way people view a CB potential) as his managers either didn't really know much about defending  (AVB and RDM) or couldn't be bothered to developed him (Jose and Carlo, both reverted to the  "safe" options after a bad couple of games).

Imagine Sarri getting his hands on the 23 year old David Luiz that arrived from Benfica? My word that could have been quite something.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

More bad memories aka foolish board action

CHELSEA HAD SET SIGHTS ON PSG’S PRESNEL KIMPEMBE, BEFORE OPTING TO BUY BACK DAVID LUIZ

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2016/09/03/chelsea-had-set-sights-on-psgs-presnel-kimpembe-before-opting-to-buy-back-david-luiz/

Chelsea wanted Presnel Kimpembe before opting for David Luiz transfer

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2016/09/02/chelsea-wanted-presnel-kimpembe-before-opting-for-david-luiz-transfer-6106863/?ito=cbshare

fozzieheadinhand_zps8bf75725.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong Did we not try  to sign KK at that transfer window before we signed Luiz 

59 minutes ago, the wes said:

Correct me if I'm wrong Did we not try  to sign KK at that transfer window before we signed Luiz 

Yes, we tried for 3 straight windows to sign Koulibaly. We also tried numerous other Serie A players across multiple windows, like Nainggolan, Nikola Maksimovic and Belotti from Torino, Bonucci, Brozovic, Romagnoli, Bernardeschi, Alex Sandro, etc etc. Nightmares all. The only reason Rudiger went through was Manolas bailed on a Russian league transfer and Roma had to sell Rudiger to comply with FFP. Alonso was also an FFP-assisted sale with Fiorentina (you know our history there, ie. the Salah bullshit, so you know it was a needed-to-be-done deal by them), and we payed what (at the time) many thought was a crazy price as he had been shit at Bolton (left on a free) and flopped at Sunderland.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Italy has been our graveyard, and its so so so frustrating for me as my 'lose Hazard but still have a CL-winning team is massively made up of Serie A players I have wanted for ages, and no, they are not some 'omg NOW they are so good I have to have them' rot (save for last 2 years with 3 of them)

CF Icardi (I have been on him since Sampdoria days)

CF backup Edin Dzeko (I wanted him over Giroud, but I do also love Giroud, so not a complete loss)

CF backup, developing superstar Pietro Pellegri (wanted BADLY for us to buy him from Genoa, instead Emenalo, now at Monaco, snatched him)

RW Bailey (NOT Serie A)

RW (would be backup/rotation as Bailey has come to the fore) Bernardeschi  (wanted him since since Fiorentina days)

LW/Floating Secondary striker/hybrid Dybala (been on him since Palermo days)

LW (backup/rotation/tactical option) Chiesa (IF CHO will also not renew)

AMF SMS

AMF Barkley (NOT Serie A) eventually replace with Kai Havertz , also NOT Serie A

CMF Kovacic (even HE has Serie A connection with Inter!) 

CMF Bryan Cristante (LOVE HIM so much, almost as much as Kovacic, great young Italian CMF, fuck Vecino, we need to buy HIM from Atalanta, ESPECIALLY if we lose (omg, sob) Kovacic)

Box to Box MF Kante (NOT Serie A)

DMF/Deep Holding Jorginho (before he came and Sarri came switch Nainggolan for Jorginho and move Kante to traditional DMF, Naingollan to AMF, SMS to Box to Box

LB Alex Sandro

LB backup up Emerson (IF he recovers finally to pre knee tear Roma form), if not sell him and keep Alonso (so all 3 LB are Serie A)

RB Azpi (NOT Serie A)

RB backup/rotation/eventual Azpi replacement (and PERFECT RB for Sarriball) João Cancelo

CB Koulibaly

CB Romagnoli

CB Rudiger

CB AC (NOT Serie A)

CB Ampadu (NOT Serie A)

GK Thomas Strakosha (as stated multiple times, I pushed for him as I thought, per a wrong old series of reports from Spain, that Kepa had a 150m euro release clause) I am 1000000% THRILLED we got Kepa so a win/win 

Back up GK Mattia Perin (another one we FUCKED up on, have followed him for years, Juve stole him from Genoa this summer for only £10.8m)

sooooo

thats 20 players with Serie A backgrounds

THAT team also would deffo be top 3 or 4 in world, if not flat out number one, it would smash the current weak-depth Liverpool and give Shitty a hell of a run for EPL title year after year and Juve would have been greatly weakened, so only Shitty, Barca, AM, RM, PSG maybe LPool (once they fix depth) and Bayern would be remotely close, its very young BUT also crazy experienced, and so so so deep

It has best pure number nine on planet in Icardi 

The best secondary striker on planet in Dybala (unless that's what you label Messi positionally, and Messi only has but only so many dominant years left before father time catches even him)

3rd  best under 26yo RW in Bailey (fuck Sterling), after Mbappe and Dembele

3rd best under 26yo LW in Chiesa, after Sane and Asensio

NUMBER ONE DMF in world (by far) in Kante,

Number 2 in world deep holding MF (number one eventually as Busquets will start to age sooner or later) in Jorginho, who is close to 4 years younger 

top 3 or 4 CMF and soon soon 2nd or 3rd (as my number 2 Kroos hits 30 in mid next season and starts to age) in SMS (after my number 1, Saul Niguez, and then probably (omg am I going to catch hell on this, BUT he has finally matured I really feel, even though I HATE Manure, Pogba, who was MASSIVE in the WC compared to a bläää run by SMS)

3rd best RB in world in Azpi (after Kimmich and Sergi Roberto)

3rd best LB in world in Alex Sandro, after Alaba and now, I think, Lucas Hernández

2nd best CB (after Varane) on planet in KK, great talent and depth and potential/youth in all the other CB's

Top 7 or 8 in world (and will rise) GK whether its Kepa or Straskosha

3rd best backup keeper in world, after Cillessen and Navas, and top 20 overall keeper in Perin

Its top 3 in almost every position, save keeper and overall wingers (but top 3 in world in both winger positions if you are talking under 26yo)

For keeper it has the 7th best or 8th and either is MORE than capable of winning a treble/quadruple given the rest of the team, Hell, even Kasper Schmeichel or Sven Ulreich or Pepe Reina could with THAT club in front of them could LOLOL), and either one will be top 5, maybe even top 2 or 3 some day, probably

NONE of those buys were impossible at all, and other than SMS NOW, none would have been insanely expensive IF we had done the deals when I first got on them, which means 2012, 13, 14  in multiple cases The only really newish ones are SMS and Bailey and of course the 17 year old Pellegri  (summer of 2017 for them)

Also, I did not force-fit Serie A-only players, those are the actual players I have wanted for years

so graveyard or not, it's oftimes Serie A where I end up at

BONUS

in terms of our CF troubles, I am really starting to become convinced (H/T to UJ)

that (provided he has a great year, and he's off to a MASSIVE start, 4 games, EIGHT GOALS) we seriously need to start to consider another Genoa striker to replace Morata, Krzysztof Piatek

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/who-is-krzysztof-piatek-the-barcelona-linked-scoring/afi17591a7tr176q1oeusn4t0

http://www.goal.com/en/news/new-lewandowski-piatek-shrugs-off-barcelona-transfer-talk/1zh5sn8eu08f1fbdk853tx5c9

Image result for Krzysztof Piatek Genoa11021748-krzysztof-piatek-900-588.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gary Cahill set to make shock u-turn by staying at Chelsea beyond January transfer window

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/25/gary-cahill-set-to-make-shock-u-turn-by-staying-at-chelsea-beyond-january-transfer-window-8075398/?ito=cbshare

The veteran is unhappy with his lack of playing time in west London and had been expected to leave in January, possibly to boyhood club Sheffield Wednesday. Cahill has received plenty of interest from Premier League clubs and is desperate to prolong his playing career. However, Cahill is ready to commit himself to Maurizio Sarri’s project for the rest of the season because he feels the club are heading for silverware under the Italian, according to the Sun.

Snip

I hope this is bollox

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Gary Cahill set to make shock u-turn by staying at Chelsea beyond January transfer window

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/25/gary-cahill-set-to-make-shock-u-turn-by-staying-at-chelsea-beyond-january-transfer-window-8075398/?ito=cbshare

The veteran is unhappy with his lack of playing time in west London and had been expected to leave in January, possibly to boyhood club Sheffield Wednesday. Cahill has received plenty of interest from Premier League clubs and is desperate to prolong his playing career. However, Cahill is ready to commit himself to Maurizio Sarri’s project for the rest of the season because he feels the club are heading for silverware under the Italian, according to the Sun.

Snip

I hope this is bollox

LOL he wants to stat pad his trophy cabinet. 

6 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

LOL he wants to stat pad his trophy cabinet. 

It is almost surreal we cant seem to sell any of our surplus goods. We just loan them out and further decrease their values, or we trot them out on the field and do the same, or we just let them stay and milk us dry, whilst the boards uses basically the same 'one out for one in' excuse to really not make much needed moves. The Jorginho transfer was a one off, as no Sarri if no Jorginho and  Carlo Ancelotti's system doesn't use a DH DMF type. Kepa was a forced (although great in terms of player) deal due to the board fucking up on Courtois and giving him the hammer to go AWOL.

27 minutes ago, the wes said:

what's the point now really? might as well give the armband to a player who will play and contribute to the team consistently, no disrespect to Cahill who has done so much for the club already, but i think its time to call it quits on his Chelsea career, his best days are clearly behind him.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

SMDH. Unbelievably bad move. He is, at this point, utter shit. Anyone who doubts this, watch the last game v the Derby sheep shaggers.

I can see a huge (and bad) pattern developing. I dont think we are bringing anyone in in January and I really dont see us selling anyone atm. Maybe Moses, but we will get fuckall for him. Cahill is obviously going nowhere now, and we soon renew Luiz, Willian, and Cesc (at reduced pay). Bakayoko and Drinkwater at this point are unsaleable due to poor performance (Bakayoko) and/or too high a contract (Donkeywater).

I dont even think we make a move for striker, as no truly good targets are going to be available, or if so, they will be at a price the board will never pay. Same for winger, unless we do a move for the £33.8m Suso, which at this point would be very good business.

Now, with with it sounding like Kovacic is being allowed to go back to RM, the squad is going to rapidly decline next year, certainly the year after, especially if Hazard leaves for a shit price and the money (plus a lot more net as we seem incapable of selling deadwood) is not well spent on an overhaul.

The '6 max on loan' soon come new FIFA rule will finally force us to sell over the next 2 or 3 years, BUT the market will be incredibly flooded with other teams' castaways concurrently, so it's not like we will reap a huge net benefit, as we will also lose the revenue from at least 36 players' loan deals.

It is, all in all, like watching a slow motion trainwreck due to another train approaching in the far distance, but at great speed and potential impact. This is not even counting the ongoing Abramovich dilemma, AC probably going full stop wantaway, and CHO contract renewal issues.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:44 AM, Cosmin said:

Had a bad game, he's not a starter anymore, he's past his prime, BUT I feel like a lot of people don't show the respect that this guy deserves.

never been a fan, but he was a good player and did work well under different managers and systems. Plenty of silverware as proof.

The guy may be past prime, but he's also missing match fitness.

Stupid decision. I guess that cements his place at the club till next Summer at least.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, the wes said:

Sarri said he didn't care who was captain as this was never as important in Italy as it is in England, and this decision confirms it. Frankly it doesn't bother me, out of regular players Azpi is the real captain and rightly so, because GC plays only in mickey mouse games.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, the wes said:

Every time he is not on the bench or not playing he then runs to the media and talks about leaving.