Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is.. the bloke's been here for so long yet nobody really loves him or sees him as some kind of a legend even though he's won it all and been important at it too. People cared more about Fabregas than him for instance. I think Cahill lacks that charisma and leadership qualities, he was only appointed as captain because he is a big English centre-back, like the previous one we had.

But we have to thank him for everything he's done and also he has to thank Chelsea for giving him such a great career at club level.

A legend for me. Maybe not because he was so good but you can surely not blame him for leaving anything on the pitch. He was actually a graet defender in his first years here. I remember in the season we won CL he once ran behind Messi, missed the tackles, stood up, followed Messi to our box and then tackled him succesfully so he had real pace back then, shame it went with age. Also in the 2016/17 season he was absolutely instrumental to the title, scoring an immense late winner away at stoke and a 2-0 away at Everton, both with his foot. In general rather prolific with his feet for a defender (remember his volley goal at Tottenham 2012) but ofc at his best an absolute force aerially, Air Cahill. I always liked him mainly because he is big and English but he also has been a great character to have at the club, really humble, genuine guy. Needed just 3,5 years to win every title possible, having not won a single title before. And deservedly so. He put in a series of world-class performances in RDM's deep backline in our CL win, a trophy saving last ditch-tackle in the EL final and a MOTM performane in last years FA-Cup final. That is what I will remember him for. Thanks for everything and good luck, big man!

Good player for us. Real snip at 7m. Deserved to captain us as well I think being our longest serving player. Hopefully does well at Fulham to get him a contract there if they stay up, can imagine Ranieri will appreciate someone of his experience.

ARSENAL WANT CAHILL

The Sunday Mirror claim Arsenal boss Unai Emery wants Gary Cahillto help solve his defensive problems. Cahill has been told he can leave Chelsea in search of more game time after losing his place under Maurizio Sarri.

Arsenal lost Sokratis and Laurent Koscielny to injury in Friday's FA Cup defeat to Manchester United, while Hector Bellerin is a long-term absentee.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DDA said:

🐍

He had the option to go in January. He should be lucky he had an extra year/

Isn't it strange how a player cn be here for as long as he has but Ive no warnth towards him.

He has been a very useful tool at times and just like Bane I would have loved for us to have like the US football does and have special teams.

I'd bring them out for corners/set pieces and then sit them back down again

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He had the option to go in January. He should be lucky he had an extra year/

Isn't it strange how a player cn be here for as long as he has but Ive no warnth towards him.

He has been a very useful tool at times and just like Bane I would have loved for us to have like the US football does and have special teams.

I'd bring them out for corners/set pieces and then sit them back down again

For a moment there I thought you were suggesting Gary should try his luck as an NFL kicker... :) 

luiz might be better suited for that tho

6 minutes ago, Robchels said:

For a moment there I thought you were suggesting Gary should try his luck as a NFL kicker... :) 

luiz might be better suited for that tho

Hope Luiz hasnt got back into a92b4682529fdd0cb51a6c1148e05a69.gif mode!!!