Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Vesper said:

SMDH. Unbelievably bad move. He is, at this point, utter shit. Anyone who doubts this, watch the last game v the Derby sheep shaggers.

I can see a huge (and bad) pattern developing. I dont think we are bringing anyone in in January and I really dont see us selling anyone atm. Maybe Moses, but we will get fuckall for him. Cahill is obviously going nowhere now, and we soon renew Luiz, Willian, and Cesc (at reduced pay). Bakayoko and Drinkwater at this point are unsaleable due to poor performance (Bakayoko) and/or too high a contract (Donkeywater).

I dont even think we make a move for striker, as no truly good targets are going to be available, or if so, they will be at a price the board will never pay. Same for winger, unless we do a move for the £33.8m Suso, which at this point would be very good business.

Now, with with it sounding like Kovacic is being allowed to go back to RM, the squad is going to rapidly decline next year, certainly the year after, especially if Hazard leaves for a shit price and the money (plus a lot more net as we seem incapable of selling deadwood) is not well spent on an overhaul.

The '6 max on loan' soon come new FIFA rule will finally force us to sell over the next 2 or 3 years, BUT the market will be incredibly flooded with other teams' castaways concurrently, so it's not like we will reap a huge net benefit, as we will also lose the revenue from at least 36 players' loan deals.

It is, all in all, like watching a slow motion trainwreck due to another train approaching in the far distance, but at great speed and potential impact. This is not even counting the ongoing Abramovich dilemma, AC probably going full stop wantaway, and CHO contract renewal issues.

Bad move? Not really. Stripping somebody who was made captain a season ago at John Terrys recommendation (apparently) is an instant way of turning the dressing room against you. Gaz is obviously a well respected and well liked individual, throw in how long he's been here and what he's achieved, he would never have been made captain otherwise and it's as simple as that, end of story. He doesn't play a lot but it would send out a bad message. Also lack of match fitness has affected Christensen too in some games, 

Think your getting carried away and all doom and gloom, about renewing players, selling Hazard, CHO, Abramovich dilemma (what fucking dilemma, the situations blown out of proportion ten fold) and new owners net worths in other threads etc whatever else.... The 6 loan thing as well is just an idea as of right now, it will take years to become a formality or might not even happen. Just a lot of problems that aren't even problems yet.

Also based on his performances in the last year I wouldn't be overly upset if Andreas Christensen was sold for 35-40m at least and replaced with somebody else, who even if they didn't start at first would be more patient and willing to work hard without spitting the dummy out after maybe 20 games where he's played in 6 or 7. I mean if he thinks he's that good, realistically he shouldnt struggle to find a top top club, but which top top European club (level we are aspiring to be) is going to buy him after the year of below average and poor games he's had? Barca, Bayern, Real, Atletico, Juventus??? No chance. Best place for him is here, learning what Sarri wants and then doing well if he gets a chance, you'd think he had played 10/10 every game and was being shut out for whatever reason... but he's been poor and rightfully had limited minutes. Fair enough match fitness also an issue bevause he's not playing regularly but Conte played him through a tough spell last year and it broke him more than anything. Look at how long Koulibaly took to change at Napoli from a raw, perhaps struggling CB to one of the best on the go.. who does he credit with that development? Maurizio Sarri, who is our manager. If he wants to go back to Gladbach and play at that lower level for a few years rather than push himself fair enough, he had a good foot in, we know he can play but if he's not.willing to prove it to a new boss then??

Sad so many fans dont know any respect anymore. 

Sure Cahill isnt at his best anymore (and doesnt even play in first 11), but people are still upset whenever he does play or even gets "captain role" (which btw is totaly understandable considering how long he is here). 

On 11/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, Vesper said:

SMDH. Unbelievably bad move. He is, at this point, utter shit. Anyone who doubts this, watch the last game v the Derby sheep shaggers.

Lol the sheep shaggers? 

I wouldnt mind that at all, but since these "sheepshaggers" are managed by Lamps and Jody, plus Mount and Tomori play there, I find it sort of disrespectful...

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Sad so many fans dont know any respect anymore. 

Sure Cahill isnt at his best anymore (and doesnt even play in first 11), but people are still upset whenever he does play or even gets "captain role" (which btw is totaly understandable considering how long he is here). 

One thing is the player who's match fit and playing often, and has the support and protection of the starters, not to mention the chemistry. Another is a player who's lacking match fitness and ends up playing with other players who are also lacking match fitness.

Not really fair comparisons, but that's really all they have to make a case: as to why they should be in the starting lineup. 

Understanding the system Sarri uses, just a bit since I never cared for napoli, I do see why passing is so important to him. So I totally get why he likes Alonso, and even Luiz. They are great passers, while Gary's passing was never really his forte.

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think your getting carried away and all doom and gloom, about renewing players, selling Hazard, CHO, Abramovich dilemma (what fucking dilemma, the situations blown out of proportion ten fold) and new owners net worths in other threads etc whatever else.... The 6 loan thing as well is just an idea as of right now, it will take years to become a formality or might not even happen. Just a lot of problems that aren't even problems yet.

You obviously dont follow much news or study geo-political developments.

You are simply dead wrong on all what you say here. I have covered in in great detail elsewhere. The onus is not on me to continuously correct false narratives like you push (or the normacy bias and head-in-the-sand denialism)

Abramovich IS in dire straights, he cant even get his visa renewed, is blocked from conducting any business in THE UK whilst here, and has been named as one of the top oligarchs that is under investigation. To deny that (and I have posted on all this multiple times) is deny cold hard reality. I understand if you dont follow geo-politics. I do though. To a far vaster degree than I follow CFC.

As to the prospective owners wealth, I was RIGHT. So that shot goes in the bin. I will become even more pronounced as the price of petrol continues to plummet, thus reducing Roman's wealth further.

As your your FIFA loan rule posturing, it is WELL more advanced that you make out.

I have no idea how this slipped under the radar. The FIFA Council a week ago fully endorsed a reform package that includes a maximum of only SIX players allowed out on loan (originally back a month plus ago some articles said it was eight, so it is even worse.)

From what I gather, it will be phased in over a 2 year period following final overall approval.

Bye bye loan army. 

FIFA Council makes key decisions for the future of football development 

(FIFA.com) 26 Oct 2018

snip

Football governance

The members of the FIFA Council endorsed the reform package of the transfer system recently agreed by the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee. This document lays out the fundamental principles of what will eventually become a set of concrete regulations to be drafted by the Task Force Transfer System in consultation with representatives from clubs (ECA), leagues (the World Leagues Forum), players (FIFPro) as well as member associations, confederations and the FIFA administration. The task force will provide an update of its work at the next Football Stakeholders Committee meeting in February 2019.

Snip

Here is the original reporting a month and a half ago

FIFA's new loan rules could be disastrous for Chelsea with plans to stop clubs sending out more than eight players… Blues currently have FORTY scattered around the world

Fifa to introduce new loan rules to prevent clubs like Chelsea stockpiling young talent as agent reforms fall flat

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfers-fifa-best-loans-chelsea-new-rules-agent-a8554976.html

Fifa have suggested that clubs can only send six players on loan.

Clearing up the transfer system has been high of Fifa president Gianni Infantino’s to-do list for some time and an end to clubs sending an unlimited number of players out on loan could be coming soon.

Fifa have proposed that clubs can send a maximum of six players on loan to prevent sides stockpiling young talent. 

Snip

The reform package will be delivered to the Fifa Council on 26 October during its next meeting and it is hoped that the new regulations are phased in over the next two years.

“We have brought everyone to the table and all key actors of the industry have understood that we need to take action, leading today to this reform proposal,” said Infantino.

Snip

look before you take swipes next time

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You obviously dont follow much news or study geo-political developments.

You are simply dead wrong on all what you say here. I have covered in in great detail elsewhere. The onus is not on me to continuously correct false narratives like you push (or the normacy bias and head-in-the-sand denialism)

Abramovich IS in dire straights, he cant even get his visa renewed, is blocked from conducting any business in THE UK whilst here, and has been named as one of the top oligarchs that is under investigation. To deny that (and I have posted on all this multiple times) is deny cold hard reality. I understand if you dont follow geo-politics. I do though. To a far vaster degree than I follow CFC.

As to the prospective owners wealth, I was RIGHT. So that shot goes in the bin. I will become even more pronounced as the price of petrol continues to plummet, thus reducing Roman's wealth further.

As your your FIFA loan rule posturing, it is WELL more advanced that you make out.

I have no idea how this slipped under the radar. The FIFA Council a week ago fully endorsed a reform package that includes a maximum of only SIX players allowed out on loan (originally back a month plus ago some articles said it was eight, so it is even worse.)

From what I gather, it will be phased in over a 2 year period following final overall approval.

Bye bye loan army. 

FIFA Council makes key decisions for the future of football development 

(FIFA.com) 26 Oct 2018

snip

Football governance

The members of the FIFA Council endorsed the reform package of the transfer system recently agreed by the FIFA Football Stakeholders Committee. This document lays out the fundamental principles of what will eventually become a set of concrete regulations to be drafted by the Task Force Transfer System in consultation with representatives from clubs (ECA), leagues (the World Leagues Forum), players (FIFPro) as well as member associations, confederations and the FIFA administration. The task force will provide an update of its work at the next Football Stakeholders Committee meeting in February 2019.

Snip

Here is the original reporting a month and a half ago

FIFA's new loan rules could be disastrous for Chelsea with plans to stop clubs sending out more than eight players… Blues currently have FORTY scattered around the world

Fifa to introduce new loan rules to prevent clubs like Chelsea stockpiling young talent as agent reforms fall flat

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfers-fifa-best-loans-chelsea-new-rules-agent-a8554976.html

Fifa have suggested that clubs can only send six players on loan.

Clearing up the transfer system has been high of Fifa president Gianni Infantino’s to-do list for some time and an end to clubs sending an unlimited number of players out on loan could be coming soon.

Fifa have proposed that clubs can send a maximum of six players on loan to prevent sides stockpiling young talent. 

Snip

The reform package will be delivered to the Fifa Council on 26 October during its next meeting and it is hoped that the new regulations are phased in over the next two years.

“We have brought everyone to the table and all key actors of the industry have understood that we need to take action, leading today to this reform proposal,” said Infantino.

Snip

look before you take swipes next time

Well when all these false dawns come true let me know. Until then cut the I am right because I posted 14000 words on it attitude bullshit because as far as I can see nothing you've said will happen has actually happened. Just clutching at straws getting wound up over hypothetical situations.

Even the FIFA loan thing, okay it may happen but it still hasn't. "Phased in in 2 years". Also geopolitics? As somebody who lives in the UK, the last 8 letters of the word alone gives me the fear because their all about as much use as a chocolate ashtray. Romans under investigation but unless you have some sort of inside information (go on surprise us all with something) it's merely a investigation and I don't have to be into politics to tell you that the UK investigating Russian oil men isn't anything new. And any potential scenario means jack shit until they have something to nail him with, which I severely doubt happens. Still doesn't deter from the fact I find it pathetic that your comparing owners net worths as if it's 100% enivatble, confirmed, about to happen. Romans as big a Chelsea icon as many of our most influential players for me, think many would agree on here that he's been the driving force behind revolutionizing the club and also had a big part to play in how big the PL is now. 

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well when all these false dawns come true let me know. Until then cut the I am right because I posted 14000 words on it attitude bullshit because as far as I can see nothing you've said will happen has actually happened. Just clutching at straws getting wound up over hypothetical situations.

Even the FIFA loan thing, okay it may happen but it still hasn't. "Phased in in 2 years". Also geopolitics? As somebody who lives in the UK, the last 8 letters of the word alone gives me the fear because their all about as much use as a chocolate ashtray. Romans under investigation but unless you have some sort of inside information (go on surprise us all with something) it's merely a investigation and I don't have to be into politics to tell you that the UK investigating Russian oil men isn't anything new. And any potential scenario means jack shit until they have something to nail him with, which I severely doubt happens. Still doesn't deter from the fact I find it pathetic that your comparing owners net worths as if it's 100% enivatble, confirmed, about to happen. Romans as big a Chelsea icon as many of our most influential players for me, think many would agree on here that he's been the driving force behind revolutionizing the club and also had a big part to play in how big the PL is now. 

Multiple points

Learn the English idiom

A false dawn is GOOD thing that you think is going to happen, and then doesn't.

Lets deal with net worth

I was called a fucking liar (literally) over something that was no big deal, and I instantly showed I was right. I was NOT the one who started that at all.

Number 3, you can try and downplay things, but the following are true

1. There is a shitstorm in the world between the US/UK and NATO power blocs and Russia

2. Roman has been blocked from renewing his Visa here in the UK over this and is now blocked from doing any work in the UK whilst here on his newly minted Israeli passport

3. He has pulled the plug on the new stadium

4 He IS (and I am who calls bullshit on so much of the RUSSSSSSSSSSIAA!!! hysteria) incredibly linked to Putin, they are ultra connected and great friends. This makes him a huge target, rightly or wrongly.

5. You can call investigations whatever you want question their legitimacy (as do I) call them necessary(as do almost all of the newly empowered Democrats in the US House and Senate (they have a large majority in the House now and will go after Trump, Putin et all with a vengeance, as will the UK government due to Skripal shit, etc) BUT they are moving forward and people are going down, many Russians (oligarchs included) have or soon will. Another one's son (and soon him) just got nailed yesterday in Tel Aviv. Lev Leviev, who is really good friends with both Roman and Putin. https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/business/.premium-leviev-s-relatives-among-those-arrested-in-diamond-smuggling-case-1.6630956

Roman and Leviev togther at Stamford Bridge:

Image result for lev leviev roman abramovich

US 'Kremlin report' targets Russian billionaire art collectors

Roman Abramovich, Alisher Usmanov and culture minister Vladimir Medinsky among those now on warning from US

https://www.theartnewspaper.com/news/kremlin-report

Fairly or not, Roman is in the cross-hairs of all this rot and has already suffered concrete setbacks.

more here:

I dont care if you want to ignore all these things, that is your right, but don't toss shade on me for bringing them up, I am not making up anything out of whole cloth.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea's Maurizio Sarri: Gary Cahill not technical enough for style of play

Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that Gary Cahill is not suited to his style of play, adding that it is up to the Chelsea captain whether he chooses to seek a move away from Stamford Bridge in January.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3726282/chelseas-maurizio-sarri-gary-cahill-not-technical-enough-for-style-of-play

Wow this is great. I see why he wants a new defender. Because if the best we got is David Luiz and Rudgier for his style, then we must invest in new defenders and of course striker. 

I like this very much because I share the same opinion for ages, but the pragmatic manager we always had prefer him then technical players. 

29 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Chelsea's Maurizio Sarri: Gary Cahill not technical enough for style of play

Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that Gary Cahill is not suited to his style of play, adding that it is up to the Chelsea captain whether he chooses to seek a move away from Stamford Bridge in January.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3726282/chelseas-maurizio-sarri-gary-cahill-not-technical-enough-for-style-of-play

Wow this is great. I see why he wants a new defender. Because if the best we got is David Luiz and Rudgier for his style, then we must invest in new defenders and of course striker. 

I like this very much because I share the same opinion for ages, but the pragmatic manager we always had prefer him then technical players. 

Cahill looks likely to leave and if Luiz leaves as well, who the hell are we gonna sign? We'll be left with only Rudiger and Christensen, who Sarri doesn't seem to trust!

Cahill looks likely to leave and if Luiz leaves as well, who the hell are we gonna sign? We'll be left with only Rudiger and Christensen, who Sarri doesn't seem to trust!
And Ampadu. I wouldn't be surprised if we go after Rugani again

4 hours ago, Jason said:

How about Azipiculletta as CB, i think his attributes fits that role much better than as a RB for Sarri. Maybe Hysaj signing make that possible. 

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:
10 hours ago, Jason said:

And Ampadu. I wouldn't be surprised if we go after Rugani again

But the thing is, Sarri hasn't used Ampadu much this season and certainly not at CB. So, not sure where Sarri stands on this.

5 hours ago, Clockwork said:

How about Azipiculletta as CB, i think his attributes fits that role much better than as a RB for Sarri. Maybe Hysaj signing make that possible. 

At the moment, it's debatable whether Azpi would work as a CB in a back four. We're likely gonna need to sign at least 1 CB.

I don't think Luiz is going anywhere. More likely Cahill (because he doesn't fit into these tactics) and Christensen will leave (in search of more play time). Thus, the club needs to sign one new CB, and signing Rugani would just make a whole lot of sense.

Rugani, Rudiger, Luiz, Ampadu would be a very decent CB lineup