Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Accept a one year deal, do the right thing, don't be money hungry, receive a new one year deal at the end of the season. Same to Cole.

I think cole could be given a 2 year deal as he is still a starter and highly important player. Bertrand doesn't seem to be that ready yet, so i think cole will probably have a couple more seasons with us.

Legend that should retire here.

Best player that played for Chelsea in last 10 years, maybe best ever. He was never a superstar but for me he was much more. His personality, great attitude on and off the pitch and his loyalty are something incredible.

I realy hope he stays, scores few more goals

and then retire. No need to move to china.

Great person, true role-model.

I have been thinking, it would be realy nice to see in next ten years a charity game with Lamps, Drogba, Terry, Carvalho, Essien, Ballack...

Even though I was hasty to strip him from the legend status after the AVB saga, I realized he was right and I was wrong. The main reason why I love Chelsea and football, legend beyond words for me for all his (few) faults. Will always stay my most favourite player. If I ever were a football player, I'd aspire to be like him. If he were to leave, it would not affect my admiration towards him. I will consider it his retirement, because he will never taste more professional success than here.

If he leaves, what a player he has been for the club. The word legend gets thrown around rather too easily these days but this guy deserves the status we give him. Yes he had problems with AVB but still the years he's been here he has been our best player along with JT by a country mile. At least 10 goals every season for the last 11 years is it? What a record. Greatest player in the history of the club in my opinion.

Is he the only proven finisher we still have?

He is also the best tempo midfielder in our team and he does do some work defensively. I think we need him but not as DM, in advanced role.

I know very well he is not attacking midfielder he used to be, but I would feel more comfortable through december with him up front and Terry in defence and Sturridge as a striker in 4 3 3 formation.

At least untill striker comes in.

And our attacking mids will be much more efective with quality deep lying midfielder behind them but with some luck we will have KDB or Josh playing there.

I think these last few weeks has taught us a lesson. We still need Frank's experience in the matchday squad's.

But what this season has also told us that the 4-2-3-1 formation is clearly not suited for Lampard. So unless Di Matteo changes formation (and even that is not certain to improve Lampard's performances) Do you try and shoehorn him and and make us even more vulnerable defensibly for sake of experience?

I think lampards experience is very useful but the issue is fitting him into this system. We all saw the lampard and mikel partnership did not work close to what the rambo mikel partnership did. Lamps playing off the striker is also something i am not too sure about, in the sense i would rather someone like mata or oscar be in there. But that is where i would put him. He still has the legs and can cover the ground, also could be pretty useful with his shooting considering torres is likely to be misfiring as always.

IDEA: LAMPS UPFRONT. :)

As always though i will never complain if lampy is in our team, as long as it doesn't result in Rambo on the RW again. :)

I think these last few weeks has taught us a lesson. We still need Frank's experience in the matchday squad's.

Definitely. It's not even about Lamps necessarily starting games but also having him on the bench to add firepower to the team when needed, which has been the case in pretty much every game he's been out for. Or even when we're struggling a bit and need to hold on to a lead, bringing Lamps on with his experience is a very useful move.

And I'd personally like to see him play in the centre attacking midfielder role. I know he didn't do well in the role at the top of the diamond under Ancelotti, the role never suited him anyway, but this is completely different. In this set-up he's not the playmaker as he has others around him to help in that department. While he has constant support around him (the other two attacking midfielders and the man up front) so he won't have to hold on the ball for too long. He can also stay close to the forward, almost as a second striker, making runs and try for goal. He'd give us a different option compared to Oscar's style.