Frank Lampard

DavidEU

This.

And the last time we predominately used a 4-3-3 system under AVB he was not exactly one of our best players. He would have one good game, then 2-3 bad ones, get dropped, moan that he was not starting anymore, get put back in the game and have a good game, then have another 3-4 bad games and this cycle just kept repeating.

Its pretty dire that one or two people believe that a 34 year old who is no way near the player he once was (and not to mention having managers who would always shaped the team to benefit the way he plays) is suddenly going to make our team better. These people just throw in the words "experience" and "leadership" as though it will be some scientific fact to suddenly winning games all the time and leave it there

Lampard performing never ahd anything to do with the managers, eh performed under Ranieri, Mou, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Carlo and Robbie in all sorts of roles and formations. And surely no one shaped the play only for him but for the players we had, even saved AVB's ass with shitloads of winning goals, Without him, aVB would have been fired months earlier but without him we would also not have won the Champions League months later. When fans are putting their faith in him its fuckin because he is the only hope we have, he is a guy who clearly has some qualities, we lack at the moment, its because he has paid back that faith more often than not, its because this man has been the clubs mainstay for 10 years. which player has been written off and proved all his doubters wrong that often? Everyone has his way of analysing our current situation and looking for a way out of it, but trying to diminish his merits to ground your pessimism is a very disrespectful way.

Plus Lamps is all we have atm. Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Torres and 4-2-3-1 have failed over and over again hence proven they are not that a big deal yet now shut the fuck up and let the boss do the job as every year and save the season or do you think we will win anything with the players and the play we are tortured with atm?

Indeed. I'm all for the experience factor but it has to be with a player who will actually suit the system we're now playing and add something simply more than those mental attributes. For example (and only example purposes) De Rossi is a player who's got a vast tank of experience but he also adds some much needed strength & defensive play in the centre of our midfield that would have a better impact than Mikel & Lampard.

I simply can't forget Lampard's inability to cope with last season's formations, even putting aside his behaviour with Villas-Boas, I see no evidence to back the call to bring Lampard in for any other benefit than those mere mental attributes.

yeah cool, lets play de Rossi against norsjealland, we are such fools, why hasn't Rafa had the same idea. I am sure us lacking his strength in defensive play has exactly been the reason for us only scoring one goal in four games. His qualities will make us banging in the goals all over.

And yes, Lamps was so crap in our double pivot, I mean if we had not played him there in in the big games against Napoli,Tottenham, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern we actually might have won these games and taken the Fa Cup and the Champions League home. Screw him for not being able to cope with last season's formations. That's probably why we did not win any title.

Lampard performing never ahd anything to do with the managers, eh performed under Ranieri, Mou, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Carlo and Robbie in all sorts of roles and formations. And surely no one shaped the play only for him but for the players we had, even saved AVB's ass with shitloads of winning goals, Without him, aVB would have been fired months earlier but without him we would also not have won the Champions League months later. When fans are putting their faith in him its fuckin because he is the only hope we have, he is a guy who clearly has some qualities, we lack at the moment, its because he has paid back that faith more often than not, its because this man has been the clubs mainstay for 10 years. which player has been written off and proved all his doubters wrong that often? Everyone has his way of analysing our current situation and looking for a way out of it, but trying to diminish his merits to ground your pessimism is a very disrespectful way.

Plus Lamps is all we have atm. Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Torres and 4-2-3-1 have failed over and over again hence proven they are not that a big deal yet now shut the fuck up and let the boss do the job as every year and save the season or do you think we will win anything with the players and the play we are tortured with atm?

yeah cool, lets play de Rossi against norsjealland, we are such fools, why hasn't Rafa had the same idea. I am sure us lacking his strength in defensive play has exactly been the reason for us only scoring one goal in four games. His qualities will make us banging in the goals all over.

And yes, Lamps was so crap in our double pivot, I mean if we had not played him there in in the big games against Napoli,Tottenham, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern we actually might have won these games and taken the Fa Cup and the Champions League home. Screw him for not being able to cope with last season's formations. That's probably why we did not win any title.

I will just ask one thing, by your perspective and views why has Lampard not won Chelsea player of the year, be nominated to win the Ballon d'or ect? Why do analyst not watch every performance he has given and declared them midfield masterpieces? Because the way you constantly orgasm over him you would think that his guy single handedly won us the CL and FA Cup and just gave 10/10 performances all the time, never makes mistakes *cough Aston Villa cough* and is always the answer to our problems.

My god its hard to take you seriously since you seem to insult anyone that does not view Lampard as the messiah. And people think Torres fanboys are bad.

I will just ask one thing, by your perspective and views why has Lampard not won Chelsea player of the year, be nominated to win the Ballon d'or ect? Why do analyst not watch every performance he has given and declared them midfield masterpieces? Because the way you constantly orgasm over him you would think that his guy single handedly won us the CL and FA Cup and just gave 10/10 performances all the time, never makes mistakes *cough Aston Villa cough* and is always the answer to our problems.

My god its hard to take you seriously since you seem to insult anyone that does not view Lampard as the messiah. And people think Torres fanboys are bad.

Ummm...what? Lampard won Chelsea player of the year 3 times (04, 05, 09) which is more than any other Chelsea player in history (the award was started in 1967). He came in second in the Ballon D'or in 2005. (And had he and Gerrard not split votes. he probably would have won. Also, the award is generally pretty anti-EPL . Despite being overall the best league in the world for a while and a top-3 league for a very long time, only two players playing in England have won the award since 1968 which is ridiculous.)

So, basically, you're saying Lampard is shit because he never achieved things he actually did achieve. Comparing people who think love Torres and love Lampard is like comparing apples with blond apples that can't score. Lampard is the best midfielder in Premier League history. He was one of the best players in the world for years. He is probably the best player in Chelsea history. Every Chelsea supporter loves Lampard and what he's done for our club. How you can compare that to supporting Torres is beyond me.

Well, I actually don't care about why and how analysts or whatever guys rate or nominate players and that is not relevant either. I care about what a player delivers on the pitch. Fact is Lamps has delivered. He has never failed us in crucial times, he has risen to the occasion and was at his best when it counted most. That is what i make of the facts: I put my trust in him and I think any Chelsea fan should do. Call that insulting or orgasm or whatever you want. Maybe you can ask your analysts who to trust better. I think Mata who won the Player of the year last february. Yeah, relying on the guy who won the one should rather call it "award for the most consistent player in the first half of the season with the big games yet to come" has served us well this season. Yeah, maybe he will win that award again, get 10/10 rated performances and even get nominated for Ballon d'or. Yes that really helps the club, we should all hope for this.

Excuse me, but I just wanted to call people's attention to this shit right here:

http://www.mirror.co...al-line-1467938

I am now convinced the papers have two wheels in their sports writing departments. One labeled 'club' and the other 'player'. They spin each one to see what transfer story to write next, because that is the only way someone could come up with such a bullshit story (no matter how bad the paper is).

Haha yeah it's probably a software with a database of clubs and players and a button RANDOMIZE. They push it and it throws out a club and a player. Then, marvelous journos write a story that comes from inside sources :ph34r:

And what sad is that this is not far from truth...

Ummm...what? Lampard won Chelsea player of the year 3 times (04, 05, 09) which is more than any other Chelsea player in history (the award was started in 1967). He came in second in the Ballon D'or in 2005. (And had he and Gerrard not split votes. he probably would have won. Also, the award is generally pretty anti-EPL . Despite being overall the best league in the world for a while and a top-3 league for a very long time, only two players playing in England have won the award since 1968 which is ridiculous.)

So, basically, you're saying Lampard is shit because he never achieved things he actually did achieve. Comparing people who think love Torres and love Lampard is like comparing apples with blond apples that can't score. Lampard is the best midfielder in Premier League history. He was one of the best players in the world for years. He is probably the best player in Chelsea history. Every Chelsea supporter loves Lampard and what he's done for our club. How you can compare that to supporting Torres is beyond me.

I did not mean through out his Chelsea career, I was talking about last season if you actually read my post properly.

Just because I'm a Chelsea fan does not mean I should actually just worship him and lose all sense of constructive analysis. And when I meant by fanboy I meant that a couple of people froth at the mouth in anger for someone to have the audacity to not worship him as the messiah.

Well, I actually don't care about why and how analysts or whatever guys rate or nominate players and that is not relevant either. I care about what a player delivers on the pitch. Fact is Lamps has delivered. He has never failed us in crucial times, he has risen to the occasion and was at his best when it counted most. That is what i make of the facts: I put my trust in him and I think any Chelsea fan should do. Call that insulting or orgasm or whatever you want. Maybe you can ask your analysts who to trust better. I think Mata who won the Player of the year last february. Yeah, relying on the guy who won the one should rather call it "award for the most consistent player in the first half of the season with the big games yet to come" has served us well this season. Yeah, maybe he will win that award again, get 10/10 rated performances and even get nominated for Ballon d'or. Yes that really helps the club, we should all hope for this.

You have got to be fucking kidding me, first off those awards are given near the end of the season. Secondly, lets look at the season before February, while Lampard was constantly throwing temper tantrums and half the time giving "I don't give a shit" performances, who was one of the few players who were trying to be a leading light on the pitch., it was Juan Mata. He and Ramires were one of the few players who were consistent throughout the year and thats why they deserved the Player of the Year and Players player of the year award respectively. Lampard only started being a bit more better when Di Matteo went with a very DEFENSIVE 4-2-31 which covered Lampard's lost of pace and he could be more useful when we did complete back to the walls defending (case in point, I don't think he scored one goal in open play until two months ago). He did not suddenly carry the team, he was one of the players that were being carried.

I really can't be bothered to debate with you anymore, it just goes along of the lins of me not giviing him 100% praise and you shaking your fist in anger and just repeating the same lines over and over again. Goodbye.

Glad he's back in training, Cannot wait for him to return! Along with Terry, We've missed the pair of them. Both play a huge role on the field.

Think we should put him straight back into our starting XI when he's back. Hopefully he can play some of the balls that Hazard/Mata/Oscar haven't been getting as much as Mikel/Ramires in midfield!

He's not going to magically turn our troubles around...he'll help with some squad depth and experience.

Its far more than that. Footballing wise, he is better at distributing than all the other CMs and more importantly he is a leader, nothing to do with experience, Mikel, ferreira or cole are vastly experienced but no leaders,

Comparison between the team playing with to the playing without him shows there is a difference. AS for guys such as Drogs, Lamps, Terry. Players, esp younger players need s.o. to look to in difficult situations. You always can get on the back foot, but I can't remember one time we have got ourselves out of such a situation in a crucial game without having at least one of them on the pitch. A team needs players that take the game by the scruff of its neck. We got talent, flair, skills in abundance, who shall Oscar, Hazard turn to? Only leader on the pitch is Cech, so he won't have much influence. 6 months ago our team was worse, we neither had genuine wingers, mata was so tired he could hardly run, we had to use guys as Bosingwa and Kalou as starters in big games, but we got out of this, cos we had a spine of natural leaders on the pitch. This spin kept us so robust for almost a decade, everything changed here, the manager, most of the other players but we were cool as at least two out of Drogs, Lamps, Terry played every big match. It's no coincidence, we have won every single major cup final, Lamps has captained us in.In all these years we never had a run as bad as this one.