Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard I can understand but Cole...

Same here. Whatever we do going forward, I can't see Lamps being part of it and I doubt he'll want to sit on the bench. I don't know if it's in our best interests to have one more guy in front of youngsters like Chalobah, McEachran or de Bruyne when they return next year.

Cole is still a fantastic player though. I know we have this policy of contracts for players over-30 and I agree with it BUT if there's one player you make an exception for it's him. He's not a typical 30-plus player because he has tremendous natural fitness and has stayed relatively injury-free. He certainly hasn't taken the battering of a John Terry for instance.

Just had a look at the videos of our crucial matches last season. Lamps put in outstanding performances against napoli (h), Liverpool, both barca games and Bayern. Nothing like slow on the ball there. Most notably he raped Mascherano, Henderson adn Messi before putting in inch-perfect passes leading to the goals. he knows when to up his game, his ability to step up in big-games and crunch time is immense. You can't turn that down unless u want to become Arsenal.

Agreed. Lamps is still a player of huge importance for us.

I mean, he should spend most of the time on the bench, but like you said, in big games like Barca and Bayern Lamps has always been a crucial player for us (including Tito of course).

He's been perfect in those games when we played defensively, his experience and intelligence on the pitch were difference between winning and losing for us.

Oh God, if we had him (including JT) vs Juventus , I think RDM would still be our manager...

Sometimes, experience is more important than all the talent in the world, that is the reason why we need Lamps, Cole and JT to stay. I strongly believe they still have a lot to offer.

Can't believe Rafa dares to judge Lamps's and Cole's future after a few days at the office. He should be far more diplomatic here. Could really harm the morale of the squad, considering the players' importance. I believe we will win nothing without Lampard or an adequat successor, but I see no one who could be that.

Can't believe Rafa dares to judge Lamps's and Cole's future after a few days at the office. He should be far more diplomatic here. Could really harm the morale of the squad, considering the players' importance. I believe we will win nothing without Lampard or an adequat successor, but I see no one who could be that.

You don't actually believe that do you? So what when Lampard decides to retire, we'd win nothing at all?

You don't actually believe that do you? So what when Lampard decides to retire, we'd win nothing at all?

Being a chelsea supporter has told me one thing for sure: Success in football is not about youth, fancy tricks, tiki-taka - it helps (esp combined with some healthy corruption and doping) but you can win things without that, not so without experience and leadership and the attributes these bring to your team: hard work,concentration and confidence in the crucial moments. Who will carry this team when Lampard retires. Jt? he can do nothing about our attacking play. Mazacar? what have they won us yet? Which crucial moments did they actually save our ass? Where were all these tricks and flashy moves then? In the Pool, ManU, Juve games they might have been keen, but what did we get out of these? A shit, because they failed when it counted the most. No only did they waste numerous golden chances, they simply were not at their best. A big player, a world class player is at his best in these exact moments, no matter what, no questions, no excuses. Our recent spell has proven, our younger players are not there yet. They are kids not leaders. That is not their fault. But it shows how grave a mistake it would be to ship out the only guy who could prepare them for these moments.More than anyone else out of the Old Guard it has been lamps who has carried this club through its most successful decade and transformed it from a decent european side to a global player everyone knows. Player generations at Real, AC Milan, FC Bayern, ManU, Barcelona have maintained, carried on what has been started decades ago. At Chelsea they created an entirely new, unprecedented legacy of success. Arsenal, Leeds, Hamburg, Lazio, deportivo aso how many clubs have fallen cos they could not handle that term of success? How grave a mistake it would be wasting that legacy by acting hasty in personell decisions...

Being a chelsea supporter has told me one thing for sure: Success in football is not about youth, fancy tricks, tiki-taka - it helps (esp combined with some healthy corruption and doping) but you can win things without that, not so without experience and leadership and the attributes these bring to your team: hard work,concentration and confidence in the crucial moments. Who will carry this team when Lampard retires. Jt? he can do nothing about our attacking play. Mazacar? what have they won us yet? Which crucial moments did they actually save our ass? Where were all these tricks and flashy moves then? In the Pool, ManU, Juve games they might have been keen, but what did we get out of these? A shit, because they failed when it counted the most. No only did they waste numerous golden chances, they simply were not at their best. A big player, a world class player is at his best in these exact moments, no matter what, no questions, no excuses. Our recent spell has proven, our younger players are not there yet. They are kids not leaders. That is not their fault. But it shows how grave a mistake it would be to ship out the only guy who could prepare them for these moments.More than anyone else out of the Old Guard it has been lamps who has carried this club through its most successful decade and transformed it from a decent european side to a global player everyone knows. Player generations at Real, AC Milan, FC Bayern, ManU, Barcelona have maintained, carried on what has been started decades ago. At Chelsea they created an entirely new, unprecedented legacy of success. Arsenal, Leeds, Hamburg, Lazio, deportivo aso how many clubs have fallen cos they could not handle that term of success? How grave a mistake it would be wasting that legacy by acting hasty in personell decisions...

No I understand what you're saying.. But I'm asking you the solution to if Lampard called retirement this season and not a move away?