Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Does anyone know when he'll be back? We bloody need somebody to control our midfield, regulate the pace and brings in some experience. We need you, Frank!

My guess is that Sturridge, Lampard, and Terry will all be back either for Sunderland on Dec 8th or more likely Southampton on the 15th which is good because things get really hectic around Christmas and we need the depth.(Not to mention the cojones)

When Lampard comes back we need to play him in a 4-3-3. He's our best finisher and he needs to be free to attack the box, not be crippled in a pivot. I'm serious about this, we need to accomodate him back in the team the way it suits him. Watching Ramires trying to build attacks or lining up for a shot is agonizing. Even though Lamps is slow he can still pick a pass and get the ball over the line. I think a midfield 3 of Mikel, Oscar and Lampard could work well.

I'm tired of this 4-2-3-1 bollocks. It worked well at first yes, but we've been found out since. And yes I remember 4-3-3 wasn't perfect under AVB either, but we have different players now and surely it's worth at least trying? I mean what's the harm?

I love Frank and I think we need him a lot on the pitch, but especially with those recent injury problems I don't think he's as dynamic as he was like when we played the 4-3-3 under Mou and I've read of Lamps explaining that he sees his role no more as an attacking midfielder but as an dropped-deep holding midfielder where he can control our game and helps us with his great vision.

I love Frank and I think we need him a lot on the pitch, but especially with those recent injury problems I don't think he's as dynamic as he was like when we played the 4-3-3 under Mou and I've read of Lamps explaining that he sees his role no more as an attacking midfielder but as an dropped-deep holding midfielder where he can control our game and helps us with his great vision.

Vision my balls. He needs to get in the box and score or help others score, not lag where he isn't supposed to be.

I just don't see how he's going to be any use in this system. I mean yeah he'll be there for experience and everything, but coming off injury he's not going be match-sharp, we've already seen him struggle in this so-called "pivot" formation we've got going. I he actually is going to play then I think it's got to be in a more attacking role. I'd even go far as to suggest he play in the hole with Mata, Hazard or Oscar flanking him. And even then I just don't see what he can add.. Our problems go a lot deeper than simply putting Lampard into the squad.

Vision my balls. He needs to get in the box and score or help others score, not lag where he isn't supposed to be.

Ergo, we should start playing 4-3-3 again..Not going to happen unless we have the perfect player to play in defensive mid.

Ergo, we should start playing 4-3-3 again..Not going to happen unless we have the perfect player to play in defensive mid.

After Makelele left Mikel has played there fairly well. This pivot thing started only since Robbie took over, up until then it was predominantly 4-3-3 where Mikel played. It's not as if it's a new thing for us. I don't see why he or even Romeu can't play there. It should at least be tried, it's clear as daylight that 4-2-3-1 doesn't suit our current batch.

I'm tired of this 4-2-3-1 bollocks

Yep. We just can't play this with our players ... but do we actually have the players for a real 433. You still need a striker and you sure need some 'power' - technical and physical - in the central midfield?

Also, real forward wings when going for a 433? Not Hazard, not Oscar, not Mata ... Does Cruyff still play ball?

Still, I don't like the shape we have now. Our pivot seems to leak and doesn't generate anything the attacking 4 (actually three) can build on. Ow yes, someone give Hazard a kick in the ass. He can do so much better than this.

I just don't see how he's going to be any use in this system. I mean yeah he'll be there for experience and everything, but coming off injury he's not going be match-sharp, we've already seen him struggle in this so-called "pivot" formation we've got going. I he actually is going to play then I think it's got to be in a more attacking role. I'd even go far as to suggest he play in the hole with Mata, Hazard or Oscar flanking him. And even then I just don't see what he can add.. Our problems go a lot deeper than simply putting Lampard into the squad.

This.

And the last time we predominately used a 4-3-3 system under AVB he was not exactly one of our best players. He would have one good game, then 2-3 bad ones, get dropped, moan that he was not starting anymore, get put back in the game and have a good game, then have another 3-4 bad games and this cycle just kept repeating.

Its pretty dire that one or two people believe that a 34 year old who is no way near the player he once was (and not to mention having managers who would always shaped the team to benefit the way he plays) is suddenly going to make our team better. These people just throw in the words "experience" and "leadership" as though it will be some scientific fact to suddenly winning games all the time and leave it there

Also, real forward wings when going for a 433? Not Hazard, not Oscar, not Mata ... Does Cruyff still play ball?

Moses/Marin on one wing and Hazard or Mata on the other. But I would actually like Moses and Marin to play together some time. They are our only genuine wingers. We do have players to play in 4-3-3, we might lack a bit of muscle but hopefully that can be compensated with other things.

Moses/Marin on one wing and Hazard or Mata on the other. But I would actually like Moses and Marin to play together some time. They are our only genuine wingers. We do have players to play in 4-3-3, we might lack a bit of muscle but hopefully that can be compensated with other things.

Fellaini and the vision of KDB maybe? :ph34r: Guided by our older skippers, Terry and Lamps :-)

This.

And the last time we predominately used a 4-3-3 system under AVB he was not exactly one of our best players. He would have one good game, then 2-3 bad ones, get dropped, moan that he was not starting anymore, get put back in the game and have a good game, then have another 3-4 bad games and this cycle just kept repeating.

Its pretty dire that one or two people believe that a 34 year old who is no way near the player he once was (and not to mention having managers who would always shaped the team to benefit the way he plays) is suddenly going to make our team better. These people just throw in the words "experience" and "leadership" as though it will be some scientific fact to suddenly winning games all the time and leave it there

Indeed. I'm all for the experience factor but it has to be with a player who will actually suit the system we're now playing and add something simply more than those mental attributes. For example (and only example purposes) De Rossi is a player who's got a vast tank of experience but he also adds some much needed strength & defensive play in the centre of our midfield that would have a better impact than Mikel & Lampard.

I simply can't forget Lampard's inability to cope with last season's formations, even putting aside his behaviour with Villas-Boas, I see no evidence to back the call to bring Lampard in for any other benefit than those mere mental attributes.

At least with Terry, he'll actually provide what we need in defence.

After Makelele left Mikel has played there fairly well. This pivot thing started only since Robbie took over, up until then it was predominantly 4-3-3 where Mikel played. It's not as if it's a new thing for us. I don't see why he or even Romeu can't play there. It should at least be tried, it's clear as daylight that 4-2-3-1 doesn't suit our current batch.

If you told me this about a couple of months ago, I would have suggested the same. Mikel always had his shortcomings, but in the last few matches they have been costing the team big-time. If we go back to 4-3-3 with Mikel in the pivot role, we'll be smacked by teams that play like West-ham did, or like Juve and Shaktar did in the CL.

It might improve the attack but we'll still have the same problems (possibly worse) in defense.

Yep. We just can't play this with our players ... but do we actually have the players for a real 433. You still need a striker and you sure need some 'power' - technical and physical - in the central midfield?

Still, I don't like the shape we have now. Our pivot seems to leak and doesn't generate anything the attacking 4 (actually three) can build on. Ow yes, someone give Hazard a kick in the ass. He can do so much better than this.

Alternatively there is 4-3-2-1 to match Mata and Hazard skill set, similar to what Ancelotti had here and Milan. In our system our forwards played like inside forwards, but in Milan he used AM's like Seedorf, Kaka, and Rui Costa.

Excuse me, but I just wanted to call people's attention to this shit right here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-arsenal-line-1467938

I am now convinced the papers have two wheels in their sports writing departments. One labeled 'club' and the other 'player'. They spin each one to see what transfer story to write next, because that is the only way someone could come up with such a bullshit story (no matter how bad the paper is).