Frank Lampard

DavidEU

It's obvious Lampard wont be with us next season but at least he knows the club are now ready to move on and are in very good hands. I always thought that when the Lampard's, Cole's, JT's are gone, we'll be fucked. That wont be the case. We're now playing the modern way and we're gonna only be better and get stronger. The signings of Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Marin, Mata, Romeu, Azpi etc were master strokes. We're in such a good place right now. This time last year i was worried because let's face it, we were fucking shit. The turn around has been quite dramatic and it's been mainly without Lampard. We all love and respect him for all he has done but it's the end of an era.

The Jose era, i still see it as. Cech, Terry, Cole, Drogba, Lampard imo was the Mourinho era, even in the last 2 or 3 years. The tough, physical, slightly long ball boring at times (but fucking ruthless and i personally loved it) era is over. Let the entertainment begin.

Lamps has been badly missed against Shakthar, ManU and Swansea, esp as a leader and finisher. Still should not be written off, even though it is true he probably won't be with us next year. he won't fit into the giggs/scholes role simply because neither Scholes nor Giggs ever were the player Lamps was. Lamps has not only contributed but was our most important player for 10 years, regardless of age, manager or critics.

On the other hand I am certain, Lampard CAN adapt. He could play striker, in the hole or as a deep lying playmaker but only if he wants.

However, still has a massive part to play this season.

I'd be very happy if he just came out and said "Look I understand we've got some amazing players coming through and I'm going to do for them what Veron/Petit did for me, taught me everything they knew to improve me as a player and help the team whereever in whatever games I can"

Sort of like what Scholes and Giggs do for United, however I realise that only happens in a non-existent world for Chelsea.

As far as being a 'legend' goes, it would be sad to see him go.

As for as being strictly a footballer goes, we'd be a better team without him.

He simply doesn't play too well anymore and he's on astronomical wages when you take into consideration what he offers us these days on the pitch. Imagine the amount of top players we could bring in and spread Lamps' wages amongst (in theory).

Sad but true.