Frank Lampard

DavidEU

didnt like the way Benitez said Lamps and Cole could go ....Im sure both will leave now

He didn't say they could go, he said that he didn't deal with player's contracts but at the moment there is no movement which means there is a possibility that they may leave. Media obviously blow this up that he wants them out.

Funny how Lampard have gone from "No. He can't play in the starting XI because he will leave Mikel and team exposed defensively in the double pivot" to "We need him badly. We need his experience and leadership on the pitch" when results started to go badly for us. Nobody really said that when we were winning games, did they?

He didn't say they could go, he said that he didn't deal with player's contracts but at the moment there is no movement which means there is a possibility that they may leave. Media obviously blow this up that he wants them out.

And he was just passing on the message from the board. The decision whether to keep Lampard and Cole is not down to Benitez.

Frank, hurry the fuck up and get back. We need our experienced players more than ever right now.

Hm... I seem to remember a couple of years ago we were going through the exact same run of form in November (during Carlo's last season) and Lampard was out with a long-term injury. Everyone was saying how much the team will improve when he came back. When he finally came back how much did he improve our form?

Absolutely fuck all.

So what makes people think that a now rapidly declining player will suddenly and magically make us world beaters again. Not to mention the fact that we don't play the team around his needs yet he still acts like he can make headless runs into the box every time the ball is one cm in the opposition half. How can you measure and quantify the effects of experience? Its just an abstract and ambiguous word people throw around on this board as some sort of scientific fact that will suddenly improve the team.

Hm... I seem to remember a couple of years ago we were going through the exact same run of form in November (during Carlo's last season) and Lampard was out with a long-term injury. Everyone was saying how much the team will improve when he came back. When he finally came back how much did he improve our form?

Absolutely fuck all.

So what makes people think that a now rapidly declining player will suddenly and magically make us world beaters again. Not to mention the fact that we don't play the team around his needs yet he still acts like he can make headless runs into the box every time the ball is one cm in the opposition half. How can you measure and quantify the effects of experience? Its just an abstract and ambiguous word people throw around on this board as some sort of scientific fact that will suddenly improve the team.

Not that he's going to do anything this time, but we did move from outside the top 4 to a position from which we could actually win the title. So yeah, not exactly "fuck all".

Not that he's going to do anything this time, but we did move from outside the top 4 to a position from which we could actually win the title. So yeah, not exactly "fuck all".

Yeah, and our form did not start picking up until about Jan/Feb, weirdly a couple of games after we bought Torres and Luiz. But you could not honestly tell me he was the stand out star in any of the games for the rest of the season? Yes he would score a couple of penalties like against Man Utd or a fluke goal against Tottenham. But like a lot of our first team players that season he was only the half the player in terms of average performances. He just benefited that Carlo decided to have list of undroppables (along with the likes of Malouda and Essien) who started every gamer no mater how bad their form was.

Yeah, and our form did not start picking up until about Jan/Feb, weirdly a couple of games after we bought Torres and Luiz. But you could not honestly tell me he was the stand out star in any of the games for the rest of the season? Yes he would score a couple of penalties like against Man Utd or a fluke goal against Tottenham. But like a lot of our first team players that season he was only the half the player in terms of average performances. He just benefited that Carlo decided to have list of undroppables (along with the likes of Malouda and Essien) who started every gamer no mater how bad their form was.

Nothing weird about it..new additions to a squad can always raise the team morale. But you can't tell me that Torres and Luiz were the standout performers either...

Yes it was those undroppables that were playing, and while they didn't reach peak form, they did improve in spring...and everyone including Lampard, was involved in improving the team's position in the table..Its not as if they sat back and watched the show.

Nothing weird about it..new additions to a squad can always raise the team morale. But you can't tell me that Torres and Luiz were the standout performers either...

Yes it was those undroppables that were playing, and while they didn't reach peak form, they did improve in spring...and everyone including Lampard, was involved in improving the team's position in the table..Its not as if they sat back and watched the show.

I can understand that point, I thought you were going down the route (which is what some people claim when RDM won us the FA Cup and CL) that Lampard was one of the players that carried the team nearly single handily.

http://www.thesun.co...nitez-boos.html

Although I am loath to quote from The Sun and the article itself is a bit light, the Lampard effect charts are very interesting. Last 2 seasons with Lampard. 37 matches, 21 wins, 7 draws, 9 losses. 15 games without Lampard, 4 wins, 8 draws, 3 losses. Almost everyone was blaming Lampard for everything earlier this season. Turns out, they were wrong.

It will be very interesting to see the difference in the team and how we play when he comes back from injury. And also, how Benitez decides to use him.

We've needed our experienced players more than anything over these past few weeks. I didn't realise how much of a blow it was gonna be when Lampard got injured against Shakhtar, but now I do.

Absolutely fuck all.

Lol we closed an incredible 15 points gap to ManU after him coming back. He contributed 10 goals and 7 assists in 21 games after returning, including the winner against Man Utd at the bridge which incented our comeback and our goal at Old Trafford after Luiz ended it with two stupid errors. We lost the league when he was absent -same as this season- and nearly won it back after he returned.

Lampard is just a talisman. He doesn't even have to play well, you just see he's on the pitch and everything seems alright, because you know he'll either score or set up the game-winning goal. Absolute legend. I feel so privileged to say I've watched him live, in person, more than a hundred times. Very privileged indeed.

Lampard is just a talisman. He doesn't even have to play well, you just see he's on the pitch and everything seems alright, because you know he'll either score or set up the game-winning goal. Absolute legend. I feel so privileged to say I've watched him live, in person, more than a hundred times. Very privileged indeed.

Sorry for off-topic but whats up with everyone changing to sexy Avatars today? :D