Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

City do get a bit off unfair stick when it comes to "ruining" home grown players, Rodwell was injury phrone and Sinclair was never good enough.

Zaha went from being an up and coming star and is now a Palace squad player yet no word on how United ruined him.

I think every club has ruined players - however the Mark Hughes and early Mancini era - they signed about 10 players a season on huge wages and no prospect of the players ever getting a game. It was a calculated strategy I guess, sort the wheat from the chaff and aim to disrupt and weaken the lesser teams in the PL.

No club is perfect - but for Delph, captain of Villa to move to City without IMHO a nailed down starting place is pretty crazy. That said City do have problems in that area and he could get a game next to Birthday Boy.

seems such an arsenaly window.

that said, i am happy with the squad we currently have. hopefully add an AM like pedro, and we would be set.

Yeah it's really feeling like an Arsenal window.

What he said yesterday:

“We have only one chance to win,” he said, “And that is if we can be better with the SAME people.

“It's a big challenge. To be better with the same people, the players have to be better individually than they were last year. So when they think, ‘Oh last season I did great’ this season it is not enough.

“John Terry - great season. This season it is not enough. Must be better. Fabregas. I don’t know how many assists last year. Fantastic. It is not enough. Because the others are going to improve with the players they are bringing in and we have to improve by ourselves with our work.

“We feel we have the tools to improve our team without a player like that (pogba). And the tools are ourselves.

“Can I coach better than last year? Can I make a better training plan? Can the players be better individually? Can the young players become better? The Oscars, the Willians, these guys. Can the older players, like John and Ivanovic still be better than they were last year?

I just hope this is another mindgame from him as it's clear our team isn't complete yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-interview-chelsea-boss-6094235

Yeah it's really feeling like an Arsenal window.

What he said yesterday:

“We have only one chance to win,” he said, “And that is if we can be better with the SAME people.

“It's a big challenge. To be better with the same people, the players have to be better individually than they were last year. So when they think, ‘Oh last season I did great’ this season it is not enough.

“John Terry - great season. This season it is not enough. Must be better. Fabregas. I don’t know how many assists last year. Fantastic. It is not enough. Because the others are going to improve with the players they are bringing in and we have to improve by ourselves with our work.

“We feel we have the tools to improve our team without a player like that (pogba). And the tools are ourselves.

“Can I coach better than last year? Can I make a better training plan? Can the players be better individually? Can the young players become better? The Oscars, the Willians, these guys. Can the older players, like John and Ivanovic still be better than they were last year?

I just hope this is another mindgame from him as it's clear our team isn't complete yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-interview-chelsea-boss-6094235

sadly, dont think these are mindgames. nothing that we have done so far says that jose does not 100% believe in what he is saying. he actually thinks that we are good enough and players will get better.

lets hope that "JOSE KNOWS BEST".

Not if he thinks we have the best team he can think of no mate. If he thinks we will make an impression on Europe or win the PL with the lads we got now no mate.

Why he wouldn't? He won it by some distance, dealing with important injuries of two of our best players. What has changed? United signed a plethora of players? The same they did last year. City made astronomical signings? They do it every year. Arsenal solved their GK situation? They still have a couple of areas to improve, not to mention the manager.

I'm not opposed to us signing an expensive guy that could be useful to our defense or RW. I just feel most people want us to make those flashy deals just because others have. We already had one of the best teams around and giving those guys another season together, now with more chemistry and understanding of each other gives me hopes we'll be able to emulate our first five months of last season longer... I think we should definitely improve our bench: we were short of proper replacements for Cesc, RW, Matic and that fired up guy that comes from the bench and wins you matches.

I have no hope regarding Iva leaving the team, no matter who we sign, so as Mourinho will insist on this compromising option, we don't need much reinforcements in the starting XI.

We have one of the best GK in the world, a couple - if any - CBs had a better season than terry. It doesn't get more trustworthy than Azpili. Matic might be the best or second best DM in the world. Cesc is world class, Hazard is phenomenal and although many disagree, Costa is the best striker for our system and imo one of the best in the world. Oscar and Willian had great halves of season and just need to be more consistent to make it last longer... Which leaves us needing improvement only to Cahill (as Iva won't leave or be displaced) if things go as Mou is planning and the players improve... Because I definitely feel some of those guys, including the best, still have room for improvement and/or higher ceilings.

OMG. uh...kids these days.

I tell ya bruv theres times I wish I was still a kid, hangovers and downers last much longer nowadays funny%20face_zpsksqd18yc.gif

Why he wouldn't? He won it by some distance, dealing with important injuries of two of our best players. What has changed? United signed a plethora of players? The same they did last year. City made astronomical signings? They do it every year. Arsenal solved their GK situation? They still have a couple of areas to improve, not to mention the manager.

I'm not opposed to us signing an expensive guy that could be useful to our defense or RW. I just feel most people want us to make those flashy deals just because others have. We already had one of the best teams around and giving those guys another season together, now with more chemistry and understanding of each other gives me hopes we'll be able to emulate our first five months of last season longer... I think we should definitely improve our bench: we were short of proper replacements for Cesc, RW, Matic and that fired up guy that comes from the bench and wins you matches.

I have no hope regarding Iva leaving the team, no matter who we sign, so as Mourinho will insist on this compromising option, we don't need much reinforcements in the starting XI.

We have one of the best GK in the world, a couple - if any - CBs had a better season than terry. It doesn't get more trustworthy than Azpili. Matic might be the best or second best DM in the world. Cesc is world class, Hazard is phenomenal and although many disagree, Costa is the best striker for our system and imo one of the best in the world. Oscar and Willian had great halves of season and just need to be more consistent to make it last longer... Which leaves us needing improvement only to Cahill (as Iva won't leave or be displaced) if things go as Mou is planning and the players improve... Because I definitely feel some of those guys, including the best, still have room for improvement and/or higher ceilings.

Barbara I love every one of our lads but if you tell me that we couldn't/shouldn't upgrade a few then thats what I call lack of ambition.

Yes theres lads we got I would pick anytime against anyone but IF we could get a proper upgrade on Bane/Cahill/Oscar/Willian/Mikel/Rami then yes I think we should.

I think Liverpool hasn't got a clue.

What players they want or that suit their style.

They are just throwing money at players and hoping it works.

The board at Liverpool are clueless.

football clubs need to stop with playing a certain style of football.

what matters is that you win and can defend and have a great goalkeeper.

Jose Mourinho and Chelsea FC - park the bus style is the best form of football, because it works for us most of the time.

Jose Mourinho and Chelsea FC - park the bus style is the best form of football, because it works for us most of the time.

Yes theres games where 'parking the bus' IS the tactic to use but if you say its the best form of football then the amazing way of fluid controlled skillful fast way we played for the opening few months when we wiped the floor with everyone what was that? Because personally Ive not watched us play very much better

Yes theres games where parking the bus' IS the tactic to use but if you say its the best form of football then the amazing way of fluid controlled skillful fast way we played for the opening few months when we wiped the floor with everyone what was that?

yes I enjoy the attacking type of football that we played in the first part of the season, but if we played attacking football against FC Barcelona or Real Madrid they would destroy us because the premier league is not the best league in the world it's just an interesting rich league not the greatest league. Those weak and not so good other premier league sides are not European Football material.