Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Who do you prefer?
I think that Mourinho is going to use Willian as a winger, than there is Cuadrado, who has only got 300 minutes.
What about Moses, he wasn't that bad at Stoke^^, maybe he can step up his game and redeem himself. Furthermore he is homegrown and wanted by several clubs...
Luke Shaw: 'That's a tough one but I'm going for Victor Moses, purely for his pace and power found it a very difficult test.'

Salah, Traore and other hungry youngsters are waiting for their chance...

If Pedro wants to come and would only cost around £17 mio., than it's difficult to decide.

I would like to have a new midfielder, who can play instead of Fabregas or generally can heat up the competition with Oscar. In my point of view we need more stability in midfield, i can't get over the game against PSG or other Big Games.

But maybe Mourinho thinks that Loftus-Cheek is up for the job, i don't know. I would welcome the Eiffel tower, but that seems rather unlikely.

Ramires has to get in shape, but he isn't creative, is he?!

We need to do our business step by step, our next target is John Stones, who would be a great addition to the squad. I don't want our defensive to play so deep, we need to explore the whole space.

Now that's going too far, Mourinho knows best, the squad is good enough for all the competitions. If only Falcao gets back to his best, we could have a revival of the good old 4-4-2, absolutely deadly and wonderful.

A few quality additions would be nice, but it isn't life-threatening...

Sell:

• Oscar £40
  • Salah £12
  • Curdardo £20
  • Luis £15
  • Mikel £8
  • Moses £10
  • Marin £5
  • Piazon £5
  • Romeu £5

Total: £120+

Buy:

• Pogba: £65
  • Griezmann £35
  • Rodriguez £25
  • Witsel £20
  • Stones £30

Netspend: £55

Time to win the treble. Total squad depth plus youth.

1297992_Chelsea.jpg

Bench: Begović, Ivanovic, Stones, Zouma, Fabregas, Ramires, Willian, Remy, Falcao, RLC, Solanke

Mourinho is doing a Ferguson, other Clubs spend more, Chelsea wins more, simple as that. Begovic and Falcao are already here, maybe Stones and Witsel will come, that isn't too bad.

Yeah i wish we sign up the Eiffel tower, but that is just a wish...

exactly. jose is relying more on the current squad and players and the team spirit and maybe even himself than the money. SAF did it for 2 decades.

exactly. jose is relying more on the current squad and players and the team spirit and maybe even himself than the money. SAF did it for 2 decades.

what? That's a myth. He broke the English transfer record multiple times. He even hijacked Cantona from Leeds. lol. So Keane, Cantona, Stam, Cole, Sheringham, Rio, Van Nisterlroy, Ronaldo, Van Der Saar, Vidic, Rooney, Evra, Tevez, and RVP were all academy products or brought on the free? At every stage of the 2 decades he kept adding either the best player in the EPL, or the one of the best European players to the squad.

He operated at a time when he had one competitor, Arsenal. As soon as it because 3, then 4, he had to buy world class to compete. He bought the best player in the league to win his last title.

If City add KdB and Pogba like they are trying, we are in trouble.

I think it's clear the board/Roman are the ones that are keeping our transfers limited. There have been several leaks that Jose is not happy with our business.

He even said yesterday that it will be extremely difficult to win again with the same squad:

"It's a big challenge for us to go through the season with basically the same team and squad from last season."

That's not the words of a man willingly trying not to buy players. It looks like he can't. His whole Pogba comment reeked of a man getting pissed off at not being able to have something he wants.

what? That's a myth. He broke the English transfer record multiple times. He even hijacked Cantona from Leeds. lol. So Keane, Cantona, Stam, Cole, Sheringham, Rio, Van Nisterlroy, Ronaldo, Van Der Saar, Vidic, Rooney, Evra, Tevez, and RVP were all academy products or brought on the free? At every stage of the 2 decades he kept adding either the best player in the EPL, or the one of the best European players to the squad.

He operated at a time when he had one competitor, Arsenal. As soon as it because 3, then 4, he had to buy world class to compete. He bought the best player in the league to win his last title.

I think it's clear the board/Roman are the ones that are keeping our transfers limited. There have been several leaks that Jose is not happy with our business.

He even said yesterday that it will be extremely difficult to win again with the same squad:

"It's a big challenge for us to go through the season with basically the same team and squad from last season."

That's not the words of a man willingly trying not to buy players. It looks like he can't. His whole Pogba comment reeked of a man getting pissed off at not being able to have something he wants.

Same here.

It's not typical Mourinho to not improve his team, I actually have the feeling he is being limited by the board.

And It's not like we are already perfect or near perfect, we clearly have weaknesses. He even improved his near/perfect title winning team of 2011-2012 at Madrid with Modric, after they broke every record, with everyone in their prime years.

First season back at Chelsea for example, he said we were not in for Cavani/Falcao because they were too expensive. So we brought a 32 yo Eto'o instead. In summer 2014, he finally got his striker after playing mindgames in the media (with the board?) "we have no strikers (play schurrle as st), PSG have 3 real strikers".

It was clear he needed to sell in order to buy.

KDB, Mata out - Salah, Matic, Zouma in

Luiz, Lukaku, Ba out - Luis, Cesc, Costa in

Torres (massive on books) out - Remy in

Schurrle out - Cuadrado in.

And now we continue to use this 1 in 1 out policy.

Before the summer stop he said "I want a midfielder, forward and defender". But suddenly it's only a defender (stones) to complete the balance.

Where is the midfielder? Vidal, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Gundogan, Moutinho (apparently) are/were all available. Hopefully Witsel/Aranguiz is true.

Rob Beasley also tweeted that Jose was told (by the board?) to use the same squad, same players for this season.

I liked Unionjack's posts for a reason, he said "If Mourinho does not feel ambition (from the club, so not Jose's ambition cause he is always ambitious), he might want to leave, same goes for Hazard". I agree with it but that's the worst scenario.

Youth implementation and tidy financial books are good, but I like the ambition to be the top 4 of Europe more. And not to become Arsenal 2.0. (Board wise, cause Jose will never be Wenger)

And it's not like what some members here have said, buying flashy toys for the sake of buying. It's because we have clear weaknesses and because we want to see our club to take a step in the next direction, to win and become an elite club in the CL and to dominate the EPL.

And with our current squad, it's hard to imagine we can do that. Just check our latest KO games in europe (PSG, Atletico) and our bus parking games against vs City and United at home. Last season Hazard was injury free, I swear everytime someone kicked him I was praying it was nothing serious.

So I seriously hope we still have some suprises in the last 6 weeks of the window.

lets take a look at united after jose came and PL became more than a 2 horse race.

04-05 - rooney

05-06 - united had bought vidic, evra, VDS and park for a combined fee 17.5mil. NONE OF THEM were close to a marquee signing. if zouma goes on to become the best defender in the world, it wont be cos he was a "marquee" signing.

06-07 - one signing in all - carrick. fair enough. can be regarded as a marquee signing.

07-08 - tevez - replacement for rudd van nisterolooy. (we have done our share of replacements). anderson, fabio, rafael, owen. which one of these was a "marquee signing"?

08-09 - berbatov - fair enough. marquee signing.

09-10 - valencia, owen, obertan?

after losing the league in 09-10, united bought - smalling, hernandez and bebe and won the league. tell me which of them is a major signing.

in 12-13 - united bought RVP which was their sole MARQUEE signing in 5 years.

so in SAF's last 8 years, united had made 4 "marquee" signings. and 3 of them being strikers.

also, ronaldo. cristiano ronaldo? seriously? did you even know who he was when united bought him. an 18 year old kid. i am sorry but atleast 3-4 names on your list are bogus as "big name signings". if that is a marquee signing then so is nathan and kenedy and mvg and the 500 kids we buy each transfer window.

i did not say united did not buy anyone. in 26 years, if these 10 players are the "big signings that you can come up with this just proves my point.

you probably forgot the likes of ji-sun-park, oshea, brown, cleverly, anderson etc etc.. bang average players with whom he walked the league - multiple times.

whats more and more vital is the point i was trying to make though it might have been very vague. SAF never went overboard with his signings. every squad needs a vital signing every now and then just to not let it stagnate, but i am pretty sure that if SAF had this squad, a couple of signings here and there (like we have done) and he would have been done with it.

That stuff about replacing someone is aimed at Filipe Luis right now is my guess. Hence why that Baba Rahman is linked. I'd be very very surprised if our only business incoming was now Stones and Baba. I'd bet against it.

For instance, if Stones joined for £26m plus Moses as daily mail speculate could happen, a winger would be needed

That stuff about replacing someone is aimed at Filipe Luis right now is my guess. Hence why that Baba Rahman is linked. I'd be very very surprised if our only business incoming was now Stones and Baba. I'd bet against it.

For instance, if Stones joined for £26m plus Moses as daily mail speculate could happen, a winger would be needed

26mil plus moses?

so about 35 pounds for a 3rd CB?

lets take a look at united after jose came and PL became more than a 2 horse race.

04-05 - rooney

05-06 - united had bought vidic, evra, VDS and park for a combined fee 17.5mil. NONE OF THEM were close to a marquee signing. if zouma goes on to become the best defender in the world, it wont be cos he was a "marquee" signing.

06-07 - one signing in all - carrick. fair enough. can be regarded as a marquee signing.

07-08 - tevez - replacement for rudd van nisterolooy. (we have done our share of replacements). anderson, fabio, rafael, owen. which one of these was a "marquee signing"?

08-09 - berbatov - fair enough. marquee signing.

09-10 - valencia, owen, obertan?

after losing the league in 09-10, united bought - smalling, hernandez and bebe and won the league. tell me which of them is a major signing.

in 12-13 - united bought RVP which was their sole MARQUEE signing in 5 years.

so in SAF's last 8 years, united had made 4 "marquee" signings. and 3 of them being strikers.

also, ronaldo. cristiano ronaldo? seriously? did you even know who he was when united bought him. an 18 year old kid. i am sorry but atleast 3-4 names on your list are bogus as "big name signings". if that is a marquee signing then so is nathan and kenedy and mvg and the 500 kids we buy each transfer window.

i did not say united did not buy anyone. in 26 years, if these 10 players are the "big signings that you can come up with this just proves my point.

you probably forgot the likes of ji-sun-park, oshea, brown, cleverly, anderson etc etc.. bang average players with whom he walked the league - multiple times.

whats more and more vital is the point i was trying to make though it might have been very vague. SAF never went overboard with his signings. every squad needs a vital signing every now and then just to not let it stagnate, but i am pretty sure that if SAF had this squad, a couple of signings here and there (like we have done) and he would have been done with it.

when did I say anything about marquee signings? I said Ferguson bought players every summer to improve the team. Vidic, Evra, and Van Der Saar was basically a reconstruction of their entire back-line that stuck for the next 6 years. Price means nothing. That's starters you are signing.

Case in point for us: Matic wasn't a marquee signing, but he's our most important player. We need to keep making those sorts of signings and not just sign guaranteed backups like Begovic and Falcao. Players actually capable of contributing to a season is what Ferguson signed.

Every summer you need to get at least one player that can win himself a starting spot. We've yet to do that.

P.S. Ronaldo was an 18 year old bought for 13m in 2003, which if adjusted for today's prices will be 20m or so, what we paid for Oscar, who in one years time became a starter. So don't just brush that aside as nothing. If we were to go out and purchase Varane right now, you'd dismiss that as a nothing buy because he would not be a starter this year but next year?

Ive not seen owt about a Moses loan so I dont know how we are going to bring one in without one going out as Mou keeps saying to cheer us up.

I wouldnt want anyone else as manager and I know its a controversial thought to not agree with everything he does/says but I just dont understand him at times.

Hes got arguably the best footballing analytical head in the game so I dont understand how he cant see the problems ALOT of us see. He cant be happy with every single one of the lads. Yes I did read that he said "some players will have to get better and some will have to get alot better" but some of them just cant get much better, theyre as good as we can get them I'm afraid.

And with our small squad and lack of GOOD depth how can he settle for some of the guys we have on the bench? And tho I dont agree with his one out one in mentality WTF cant he bring one in THEN get one out? Surely thats how upgrading works. And if we keep waiting to do that our depth wont get any stronger. That is unless we upgrade the bench and heave the guys in the 1st team than we really could upgrade.

I know none of Mous regular 1st team are crap and at times they each have their touch of genius, but those times for a couple of them are few and far between and I dont understand why more of us dont think we should be doing everything in our power to get the best players for every position that we possibly can.

I like Mou is hopefully going to be with us for awhile and seems to be making us his project, and I do like the idea of us having a youthful team that can grow together and be together for years but that means putting young top of their game players into positions that we need them. And those kind of lads just dont come cheap. We need to start buying class (NOT necessarily the Pogbas,Messis,Bales) but theres alot of very good young players out there we should be at least looking at yeah.

Im not doing some kneejerk reaction to us not going bloody bonkers spending fortunes but what I am is worried that we are going to be left behind this year and I can see come January we shall be looking for help that just wont be available. And if people are happy with that then thats what I dont get.