Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Yeah , he could be a starting cam and back up lw

I have seen draxler very stagnant the last 2 seasons. Yeah, He still is young, and probably could be the big thing that he promises to be, but I would not trust on him to be the improvement that we need for our attack.

You really want another player who disappears for long stretches?

You have reason, his biggest problem, is the irregularity, but yet with this problem, He is a differential player. I followed him on Real Madrid, and His performance curve had a constant during the 3 seasons, and it was, first half of season very bad, and amazing second half. And in this second half, he was, after Ronaldo, the most important player for Real Madrid, and was a key for the titles that Mou won on Real Madrid..
Also, I think that he has the perfect conditions to be the CAM for this Chelsea, and for any Mourinho team. Quick, perfect for counter attack, another machine of key passes, and probably is not a physical machine, but, inside his capacity, He does a really hard work.
Here, he would be the best 10 in the world again, I'm sure of that.

Hello everyone! Didn't post anything here for a long time, but season is coming :D

I've read a few pages of forum, and my feelings are pretty much the same – we didn't improved our squad yet, and our rivals did.

The last Premier League title wasn't hard to win, but that's because ManUtd, City and Arsenal was too weak. At least United will be much-much more stronger.

Mourinho was very clever last summer transfer window - he bought key players immediately, and it was very good for Chelsea's powerful start (Costa was signed July 15th, Fabregas - June 12th). But now we're still sleeping.

And have you read this? It says that Mourinho is worried about lack of transfer activity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11743279/Chelsea-lack-of-signings-will-worry-Jose-Mourinho.html

The Sun, Telegraph etc are all speculating about Chelsea. I don't think any of the rumors on their sites are true.

We are in mid-July and plenty of viable options are no longer available - Schneiderlin, Costa, Turan and now Vidal. I really hope the club has something up it's sleeve. Don't want to see the club panic in August and splash the cash on somebody not worth it.

All things considered, I would be very happy if we this summer signed:
Begovic, Baba, Pedro, Stones and a CM cover.

This way we have an incredible backup GK (deal already done, so yay!), two of the most exciting defensive prospects in the world, a proven and experienced right winger and finally a better option to throw in the middle of the pitch than Mikel.

Costa
Hazard - Willian - Pedro
Fabregas - Matic
Baba - Zouma - Stones - Azpilicueta
Courtois

That is a fantastic lineup with a huge amount of potential right there.

outs

cech - arsenal (10mil)

salah - liverpool (15mil)

moses - spurs (7mil)

kakuta - sevilla (3mil)

thorgan - monchengladbach (6mil)

luis - ATM (14mil)

total = 55mil

say what you want, our outgoing players are attracting some nice clubs. one of these days, one of them is going to bite us in the ass.

ins

begovic - 8mil

falcao - 4mil

baba rahman/new LB - 15mil

pedro - 21mil

total = 48mil

squad

GK - courtois, begovic (HG), blackman (HG)

Def - JT(HG), GC (HG), zouma, iva, azpi, newLB, aina/silva (HG), salter(HG)

Mid - matic, cesc (HG), rambo, mikel, RLC (HG)

AM - hazard, willian, pedro, oscar, juan, traore

STs - costa, remy, falcao.

a very good and strong squad. just get pedro, sort out filipe and get on with the season.

We clearly had some weaknesses last season, and none of them are solved till now:

1 lack of strength and pace in center midfield

2 over reliance on Hazard & Diego for goals

3 no squad depth (trusted bench players)

1. Witsel or Aranguiz could solve problem 1 for us. Ramires is the best option untill we have found someone better, but playing him there reduces the ability to control and build the game. I actually hope we sign both players to solve problem 3.

2. Pedro, Griezmann, Reus are scoring AM's but only Pedro seems to be likely. For now, playing Remy on the wing is a temporary option for this problem. So I really hope we don't sell Remy.

3. I honestly don't understand why Moses is here, will Jose trust him? If we have a bench with Moses, RLC, Cuadrado and Mikel next season, we already know our first 11 will be over played (again). Falcao for DD is an improvement in depth though. And hopefully we can find a trusted LB when Luis leaves.

So I hope:

- LB: find a reliable Luis replacement if he leaves.

- CM/CDM: Witsel/Aranguiz or both if Mikel leaves.

- AM: buy Pedro, only keep 1 of Moses/Cuadrado.

- ST: keep Remy.

Exactly my mind. And also our slow centerbacks preventing us from staying high up in big games due to fear of pacey forwards.

If we don't buy or bid for any player soon, it means for some reason we just want to remain as we were last season, even after the woeful champions League performance and poor big matches.

If we need more goalscorers why would we not go 442 and play Remy and Costa up front?

It's a fine strategy unless we're playing a team like Barcelona that we need to pack the midfield against.

Barcelona isn't the only team that can over-run your midfield. Any team with a quality midfield will overrun us. Unless we go old-school and play two holding midfielders like Arsenal did with Petit and Viera. But I doubt replacing Cesc with Mikel to play two strikers will lead to more goals, since neither Costa nor Remy are close to the level of Henry and Bergkamp in terms of creating chances for themselves.