Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

RE Giroud's comments:

Stability? That card has been used too many times against us. It's just lazy journalism which is copied by fans and players.

It's no longer normal for us to go a season without a trophy. It is normal for Arsenal to go a season without a trophy.

We have won the Champions League - Arsenal haven't.

Arsenal perhaps have more stability when it comes to transfers and managers, but what do they win? Nothing.

I'd much rather have 'less' stability (although I do believe we're perfectly stable) and win more than complete stability and win nothing.

I will now boo my heart out whenever I see Giroud.

RE Giroud's comments:

Stability? That card has been used too many times against us. It's just lazy journalism which is copied by fans and players.

It's no longer normal for us to go a season without a trophy. It is normal for Arsenal to go a season without a trophy.

We have won the Champions League - Arsenal haven't.

Arsenal perhaps have more stability when it comes to transfers and managers, but what do they win? Nothing.

I'd much rather have 'less' stability (although I do believe we're perfectly stable) and win more than complete stability and win nothing.

I will now boo my heart out whenever I see Giroud.

If it were Man Utd I would perhaps understand, but Arsenal have won fuck all for what is it now, 7 or 8 years?

The lad clearly hasn't got enough about himself to be tested at the top aiming for trophies year on year.

In other words, he considered joining us, saw that our squad was MUCH stronger and he'd have to compete for playing time, and decided to join Arsenal because they're a 1 man team and that 1 man may leave.

That's a lot more likely.

In other words, he considered joining us, saw that our squad was MUCH stronger and he'd have to compete for playing time, and decided to join Arsenal because they're a 1 man team and that 1 man may leave.

That's a lot more likely.

Yea ill go with that =)

Just need to get this out.

I really hope people on here stop believing every story in every paper. Don't take into account the papers reputability every time, but instead, use common sense.

Example -

I'm reading a new rumour on Twitter right now which is - "RDM has told Chelsea he wants a deal for a new defender sorted by the end of next week & #CFC are willing to spend £15m on one. (Metro)"

How on EARTH would the Metro know the conversations between RDM and members of the board? Do they tap phone calls? Have spy cameras inside the building? Have they tapped the room with mini microphones under the tables? No, of course not!

Paper rumours are based on logical assumptions when they mention "[insert name here] has told [insert club name here's] board" blah blah.

Urgh.

With all the problems going on at Rangers, I wondered whether anybody feels signing Alan McGregor would be a good move. He has good experience playing at a high level in the Champions League, and the ferocity and pressure of the Glasgow derby. He is better than Hilario and Turnbull as much more reliable backup to Cech. And a free agent (one assumes) he wouldn't be an expensive gamble. Others thoughts?

With all the problems going on at Rangers, I wondered whether anybody feels signing Alan McGregor would be a good move. He has good experience playing at a high level in the Champions League, and the ferocity and pressure of the Glasgow derby. He is better than Hilario and Turnbull as much more reliable backup to Cech. And a free agent (one assumes) he wouldn't be an expensive gamble. Others thoughts?

I believe it would be an amazing move if he's happy being back-up. (He'd definitely be good enough for F.A. Cup and Carling Cup games. Even games against teams like Wigan etc.)

I believe it would be an amazing move if he's happy being back-up. (He'd definitely be good enough for F.A. Cup and Carling Cup games. Even games against teams like Wigan etc.)

I shit myself ever season that Cech will pick up a serious injury and we'll be left with the train wreckage of our backup keepers. Hilario's handling and distribution are poor and Turnbull has at least one mistake in him every game. Just the comfort of having a genuinely solid keeper behind Cech would be fantastic. As you said I'm sure he would get 10-15 games at least in the season and anything where Cech is injured.

I shit myself ever season that Cech will pick up a serious injury and we'll be left with the train wreckage of our backup keepers. Hilario's handling and distribution are poor and Turnbull has at least one mistake in him every game. Just the comfort of having a genuinely solid keeper behind Cech would be fantastic. As you said I'm sure he would get 10-15 games at least in the season and anything where Cech is injured.

We should of kept Cudicini. He was the perfect backup for Chelsea.

McGregor is good but I don't think he'll leave Rangers to play as a backup goalie.

I dont know if this has been mentioned but wouldnt jesus navas be good for Chelsea on the right wing?

He was almost signed when José was still in charge. I think he failed the medical due to his homesickness. It was much worse back then though, to the point where stress and anxiety induced seizures occured. He couldn't leave Sevilla without anxiety attacks and now he is playing at the Euros, so he must have gotten a little better.