Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Why we need Martinez? He s a CB/CDM . We already have Mikel,Essien n Romeu. I ll agree with your idea of Witsel tho. I dont mind taking Sneijder if he comes for 10-15m Euros..!!

Martinez is like Xabi. Creative defensive midfielder with good long ball passing. We need someone like that more than someone like Iniesta, Modrič, Moutinho. They are creative in attack, constantly on the ball, passing with wingers and strikers. We have such players in Hazard, Mata, Marin. Mikel is strong tactical player with good positioning, decent passing and nice tackling/marking. Along him, must be someone creative, with good vision and long passing. That guy will just kick the ball to Mata, Hazard,...and keep himself in DM position instead of running with ball in attack and leaving open space behind. We would be very open in defence with another attacking minded playmaker like Modric. Even he knows how to defend and his tactical position is CDM, he will be more in attack than defence. With Mata, Hazard and possibly Hulk we have enough creativity in attack. Now we need someone who is creative enough to start actions and has good vision to pass the ball quickly.

With Martinez-Mikel we would have possesion, defence, attack and counter-attack.

With Modric-Mikel we would attack a lot, have possesion, but open defence. Something like Barca. And since our attack is not that deadly, we cant afford to have such tactic.

Most of all there is needed balance between attack and defence. With Mata and Hazard we dont need another playmaker, but someone like Xabi Alonso or Khedira. Sure they are not available, but Martinez or Witsel are.

Martinez is like Xabi. Creative defensive midfielder with good long ball passing. We need someone like that more than someone like Iniesta, Modrič, Moutinho. They are creative in attack, constantly on the ball, passing with wingers and strikers. We have such players in Hazard, Mata, Marin. Mikel is strong tactical player with good positioning, decent passing and nice tackling/marking. Along him, must be someone creative, with good vision and long passing. That guy will just kick the ball to Mata, Hazard,...and keep himself in DM position instead of running with ball in attack and leaving open space behind. We would be very open in defence with another attacking minded playmaker like Modric. Even he knows how to defend and his tactical position is CDM, he will be more in attack than defence. With Mata, Hazard and possibly Hulk we have enough creativity in attack. Now we need someone who is creative enough to start actions and has good vision to pass the ball quickly.

With Martinez-Mikel we would have possesion, defence, attack and counter-attack.

With Modric-Mikel we would attack a lot, have possesion, but open defence. Something like Barca. And since our attack is not that deadly, we cant afford to have such tactic.

Most of all there is needed balance between attack and defence. With Mata and Hazard we dont need another playmaker, but someone like Xabi Alonso or Khedira. Sure they are not available, but Martinez or Witsel are.

I like your interpretation. It makes sense..!!

So Xavi and Iniesta aren't good enough in your book ?

This is stupid, did you realy didnt get what he meant to say? he means that we need different kind of players. So yes, in his mind we dont need to go for Xavi and Iniesta.

Reports that QPR are set to sign Ji Sung Park for 2m, absolute steal! I'm very surprised there isn't more interest and better offers for him, always rated him very highly.

yeah hes an absolute work horse! great player

always used in different postions tactically to man mark or pressure someone in BIg games

El Madrid no se plantea dejar salir a Granero

http://www.marca.com/2012/07/08/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1341729057.html

It says an English team made a bid for him and was turned down.

Would not surprise me if it's Liverpool or Tottenham...

Good player, I guess RM has no intention in selling their spanish players.

First they need to get rid of Gago (he is actualy good player, linked with ManCity)

Drenthe (terrible player, Im sure he will leave).

Also Altintop will give place for new player, rumours about Lass, Carvalho, Sahin (loan), Kaka leaving too.

What real would realy need is class RB and maybe alternative to DiMaria on wing. Silva was fantastic wish because he can play on wing or CAM and has better passing and dribbling than DiMaria. I think Modric wouldnt fit as much as Silva because he cant play on wing.

I still do not see need for a Martinez. For his role we have Lampard, who under Robbie played pretty much like you stated above. We have Essien who is same style player and despite having really poor season I think he hasn't shown everytching yet. Then we have Romeu, who is typical holdingmidfielder who can also play like defensivemidfielder. Apart from those tree players Ramires shown us under Carlo that he can play in this position too.

I still do not see need for a Martinez. For his role we have Lampard, who under Robbie played pretty much like you stated above. We have Essien who is same style player and despite having really poor season I think he hasn't shown everytching yet. Then we have Romeu, who is typical holdingmidfielder who can also play like defensivemidfielder. Apart from those tree players Ramires shown us under Carlo that he can play in this position too.

Well we could easily play with Marin on Rw, yet we look after top players to hold our attacking line. I agree Lamps can handle for sometime along with Mikel (and Ess, Meireles, Romeu, Rambo and Kdb as backup), but if he fails, we dont realy have player that is doing best on CM position right now; some are too young, some too old and some are not in form. For example, Barca has Busquets with Mascherano as perfect replacement or even Cesc.

Its about getting in form players, Ess was huge once, but dont get distracted by name, Romeu hardly played last season under RDM, Rambo is now more B2B than creative deeplying playmaker (if he ever was that), Kdb might get loan, Meireles is old and like Rambo has no playmaker and passing abilities needed for deeplying playmaker. But I get what you meant, we have plenty of backup, somehow I would rather have Martinez instead of Ess and Meireles. We would have better midfielder and our youngsters could still play as much as with Ess and Meireles in team (Maybe even more, since one player would replace two).

Well we could easily play with Marin on Rw, yet we look after top players to hold our attacking line. I agree Lamps can handle for sometime along with Mikel (and Ess, Meireles, Romeu, Rambo and Kdb as backup), but if he fails, we dont realy have player that is doing best on CM position right now; some are too young, some too old and some are not in form. For example, Barca has Busquets with Mascherano as perfect replacement or even Cesc.

Its about getting in form players, Ess was huge once, but dont get distracted by name, Romeu hardly played last season under RDM, Rambo is now more B2B than creative deeplying playmaker (if he ever was that), Kdb might get loan, Meireles is old and like Rambo has no playmaker and passing abilities needed for deeplying playmaker. But I get what you meant, we have plenty of backup, somehow I would rather have Martinez instead of Ess and Meireles. We would have better midfielder and our youngsters could still play as much as with Ess and Meireles in team (Maybe even more, since one player would replace two).

I see your point and I think we can agree there, but we should be interested in Martinez only and if Essien and Meireles leaves club.