Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I've watched City and Dzeko a lot over the past few seasons, even Dzeko at his Wolfsburg days a few times where he was great as well.

He isn't simply a striker that needs to be fed... His link & hold up play is very good, strong in the air, can pass it pretty well and has very good movement. Yeah, his finishing *can* be inconsistent sometimes but more often than not his finishing is very good. He isn't simply a poacher as you've described, he's very much a complete CF.

28 goals and 10 assists this season for City speaks for itself.

Dzeko has 16 goals from 100 shots and 1 assist.... In the league this season

Dzeko scored 5 goals the last 3 games, so prior to his outburst he had 11 goals from 90 shots with 1 assist.... His overall play is better than anyone we have, but he needs to be fed. He's slow and static, unless you think Mourinho would tolerate a player like that (ala mata), I highly doubt Dzeko would be an ideal target for Mourinho.

I'm not saying Dzeko is bad, but he wouldn't excel under mourinho/Chelsea.

Dzeko has 16 goals from 100 shots and 1 assist.... In the league this season

Dzeko scored 5 goals the last 3 games, so prior to his outburst he had 11 goals from 90 shots with 1 assist.... His overall play is better than anyone we have, but he needs to be fed. He's slow and static, unless you think Mourinho would tolerate a player like that (ala mata), I highly doubt Dzeko would be an ideal target for Mourinho.

I'm not saying Dzeko is bad, but he wouldn't excel under mourinho/Chelsea.

Yeah, but Dzeko in all competitions this season has 28 goals and 10 assists. Suarez has 31 from 178 shots (17%) this season in the league - only 1% higher than Dzeko's (16%) - do you consider Suarez a bad finisher as well? Mourinho himself said that he thinks Dzeko is Man City's player of the year so whether Mou rates him or not shouldn't be the dispute here. Mourinho doesn't require his STs to close down as much as his AMs either - so the Mata comparison doesn't really matter to me.

I think he would actually do pretty well here because he's a big all round striker - Mou has had great success with these type of strikers (Milito, Drogba) in his systems. He isn't the best striker in the world but he's definitely a top striker, and would definitely be one of the better ones available. If the club doesn't want to spend £32m on Costa then Dzeko is definitely a good alternative.

I don't see where the whole Dzeko to Chelsea is coming.

Just cause mourinho praise him doesn't mean anything.

For me a team like city would not do business with a team like Chelsea and vice versa.

Sturridge being the exception but that was because he was a raw talent back then.

Anyone else witness Kovacic ripping it up with three assists today (only player to do so this Serie A season) vs. Lazio. My word, this kid would actually be a dream signing. The way he effortlessly glides past players as well is majestic. Would be the perfect partner for Matic.

His second assist was out of this world. WOW!

If Costa stay, Dzeko or Balotelli will be a good alternative in my opinion. Better than any of our strikers at the moment. I think City could sell him if we bid for the right price. Don't forget they were sanctioned for FFP, so they might need some 'legally' income for their transfer fees balance.

If we can get one of them, add with one from our three strikers, plus it seems Lukaku will be back. I think we are set in front.

July 1st? Then how will any deals get done before the WC if the WC starts before July 1st?

Clubs can agree on deals before it opens, just the players aren't allowed to officially move clubs before that date. Just like how we signed Marin.

Marin

Moses

Mikel

Lampard

Cole

Bertrand

Lukaku

Ba

Eto'o

Torres

Terry

Josh

Mad that a huge chunk of these could be leaving soon

we still need terry for the last year,,and i still believe lukaku offer an attacking option despite on our new target man next season..

Anyone else see Mateo Kovacic dicking Lazio yesterday? We need to sign that kid before Barcelona go after him.

Yeah, he would look great and fit well beside Matic. Kid is a sick dribbler and silky smooth passer.

There is little to nothing not to like about Kovacic, he can contribute right away and down the road he can potentially become one of the best midfielders in the world. I know Inter has a history of selling young talented players, it would be utterly suppressing if he was sold.

Kovacic, Modric, and Rakitic are Croatian midfielders that get mentioned a lot. But i also find Hamburg's Croatian midfielder Badelj very interesting. Badelj along with Modric are the more natural pivot players. He is the best defender out of the four talented midfielders, he averages 3.6 tackles and 2.9 Interceptions which is excellent for a player with his offensive ability. Not the biggest stat person, but his performances reinforces his statistics. Offensively his compatriots are better, but never less Badelj has an amazing first touch and excellent passer. I believe he can be a steal signing, especially if Hamburg do go down.