Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Instead of going after two strikers and potentialy AM, we might just try to sign Costa and Walcott. Walcott can play as striker or winger and would solve many problems here (if he stays fit). Plus he is english.

What for? Why spend another 30-40mio on another DM? Yes he is good, but we already have Matic in that position. Once, I wanted him here. But now we have Nemanja. I would prefer to spend more on Striker, lb and proper allround CM and if any money left on realy quality AM (with option that either Schurrle or Salah leaves).

We dont need every player who might be available...

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/5/6/5687730/javi-martinez-transfer-rumours-chelsea.

What they said regarding the matic and martinez pivot is exactly what i thought when i heard of the rumour.

Instead of going after two strikers and potentialy AM, we might just try to sign Costa and Walcott. Walcott can play as striker or winger and would solve many problems here (if he stays fit). Plus he is english.

didn't he sign a new contract in january

Huge summer in terms of 'Getting it right' Lot of funds due to the firesale and freeing up of big wages but the key being spending right for the right positions.

Jose and the backroom staff will nail it I am sure of it. Cannot wait for next season.

I really, really doubt we will sign the right striker though. Most of the players we would theoretically want arent available and that worries me!

Going by what Jose said, the only top strikers who would fit that are Suarez, Aguero, Cavani and Benzema. All of them nearly impossible.

Then comes two huge expensive question marks in Diego Cunt and the unjured Falcao Garcia!

Not the best looking scenario if you ask me...

I'm pretty sure that, of our current three strikers, only Torres will be there next season. He's a type of player that is generally liked and brings a lot of income to the club through shirt sales (compared to other players).

Diego Costa seems like a done deal, and with Lukaku back they'd make a good trio. In an ideal situation two of those three (hint: not Torres) would probably hit 20 goals a season with that creative bunch behind them. :D

That left-back position is an enigma for me to be honest. Ashley Cole has set such a high standard and it's hard to think of a player good enough to replace him. If he stays, Shaw would seem like a good understudy to eventually take over. I haven't seen Ricardo Rodriguez play so can't say anything about him. And I just hope that Chelsea won't sign Coentrao. I don't like him or his defending.

The rest is easy. Put Ivanović on the bench, play Azpillicueta, and give Kalas a chance before Zouma.

I'm pretty sure that, of our current three strikers, only Torres will be there next season. He's a type of player that is generally liked and brings a lot of income to the club through shirt sales (compared to other players).

Diego Costa seems like a done deal, and with Lukaku back they'd make a good trio. In an ideal situation two of those three (hint: not Torres) would probably hit 20 goals a season with that creative bunch behind them. :D

That left-back position is an enigma for me to be honest. Ashley Cole has set such a high standard and it's hard to think of a player good enough to replace him. If he stays, Shaw would seem like a good understudy to eventually take over. I haven't seen Ricardo Rodriguez play so can't say anything about him. And I just hope that Chelsea won't sign Coentrao. I don't like him or his defending.

The rest is easy. Put Ivanović on the bench, play Azpillicueta, and give Kalas a chance before Zouma.

does his shirt sales cover the £9m a year wages?

Do you know Torres costs us £18m a year (wages + amortised transfer fee)?

My opinion was based on a few articles I read a while ago, which said that the figures of Torres shirt sales go over 20 million. I'm no expert in economics and it was a pure presumption and not another Torres fanboy speaking. I want him out too.

Please chill, I felt kinda unsafe now. :D

He's good. Martinez is spanish, automatic inherited good passing is in his DNA. Would love him next to matic.

Let's be honest, mourinho won't play a tiny DLP in our pivot. He's never done in his career, he can only accommodate one the size of Alonso and matic can play that role IMO.

Get martinez with funds from mikel and lampard/cole wages. We need to change our minds from buying squad players to buying starters

Bumped into an old friend of mine yesterday, Bernie Slaven ex Middlesbrough forward and he explained to me that Aitor Karanka has been back in touch with Jose and wants quite a few of our youngsters there next season. Names were not mentioned but it wouldn't be a bad thing.

So my memory is a bit fuzzy. Do deals start happening as soon as the season is over or is there an official day that the window opens?

Would be nice to get at least one deal done before the World Cup.

So my memory is a bit fuzzy. Do deals start happening as soon as the season is over or is there an official day that the window opens?

I would be surprised (and worried) if the Diego Costa deal was not completed before the World Cup. Might see a few players officially leave too

I think the window officially opens on the 1st of July but deals are always agreed before that date, they just only become official when the necessary paperwork can be filed. For example, two years ago we signed Marin sometime in April and Hazard in May.
Now especially with the World Cup around the corner I think there will be some deals announced before the players leave to join their national teams. From our targets one of those players could be Costa if the deal is as close as is currently being reported but I think any others will be signed only after the WC.

I would be surprised (and worried) if the Diego Costa deal was not completed before the World Cup. Might see a few players officially leave too

Yeah, he's definitely the one I'd want done ASAP.

If we make an early splash it could be a catalyst to convince others to sign.

Bumped into an old friend of mine yesterday, Bernie Slaven ex Middlesbrough forward and he explained to me that Aitor Karanka has been back in touch with Jose and wants quite a few of our youngsters there next season. Names were not mentioned but it wouldn't be a bad thing.

That's great news....hopefully one of the players going to Middlesbrough is Lewis Baker.

Yeah, he's definitely the one I'd want done ASAP.

If we make an early splash it could be a catalyst to convince others to sign.

That's definitely true !

It would be like Chelsea to sign Costa before the WC and for him to have a terrible tournament.

As for a creative midfielder, Ivan Rakitić.