Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Anyone else witness Kovacic ripping it up with three assists today (only player to do so this Serie A season) vs. Lazio. My word, this kid would actually be a dream signing. The way he effortlessly glides past players as well is majestic. Would be the perfect partner for Matic.

Anyone else witness Kovacic ripping it up with three assists today (only player to do so this Serie A season) vs. Lazio. My word, this kid would actually be a dream signing. The way he effortlessly glides past players as well is majestic. Would be the perfect partner for Matic.

Sign him up before the WC

I would gladly give Torres away and send Mikel to Milan, plus pay 7 million (or more) for Kovacic right now. getting rid of those two is great for CFC and getting a capable CM is a top priority this summer. such a deal would make the transfer work half done even though CFC would still need 3 more players.

Rumours flying around that CFC are interested in bringing Edin Dzeko from City. (Telegraph)

Corresponds with what Mou has been saying here:

"My player of the year would be always from the champion, always, in every condition, always a player from the champion, representative of the champion, so if the champion is Man City – they need a point, no? – I would say a City player and if I have to choose one, I think I would choose Dzeko.

"Why? Because he was the third striker in the beginning of the season, he was even behind his manager's first choices and when the team needed him, in crucial moments of the season, or because of Agüero injuries or because of [Alvaro] Negredo's little moments of lack of form, and other important players injuring during the season – I think [David] Silva was injured, I think [Yaya] Touré was injured – he made the difference.

"He made the difference, Dzeko. In this moment, I think he has 16 goals. Sixteen goals for the third striker is something spectacular, and not just that, the quality of his game.

"So if I would choose, and also the kind of player he is, he's not just a goal-scorer, he assists, he plays, he behaves, he's fair, he doesn't dive, doesn't try to put opponents on the stands with accumulation of cards. I would choose Dzeko."

Dzeko would not be a bad signing at all. Great player.

Seems a little bit like a weird signing don´t you agree? He is 28 years old and also on a huge salary. Mou said several time this season that he is building for future, and I don´t think that Dzeko fits in that vision.

With that said, I wouldn´t mind having him here, not at all.

Dzeko would be a terrible signing. High price, slow and static. I would rather let Lukaku start than sign Dzeko.

Have you guys watch City games, how many times Silva feeds the ball to Dzeko and he misses. All of his goals have been like point blank these past few weeks. I highly doubt Mourinho would want Dzeko, since he is anything but hardworking.

Dzeko is a forward that needs to be fed to score. At Chelsea, I don't think we feed the strikers all that well.

It would be a great buy, I really like Dzeko, and he deserves better than being third choice for City.

City should just swap him for Mario. Dzeko would do well in Italy.

Seems a little bit like a weird signing don´t you agree? He is 28 years old and also on a huge salary. Mou said several time this season that he is building for future, and I don´t think that Dzeko fits in that vision.

With that said, I wouldn´t mind having him here, not at all.

I see what you mean but maybe if Lukaku is off then the transfer would make more sense - having an experienced head up front is not a bad thing. He is on big wages though (not exactly sure how much?) but if he comes as you said he would definitely be a good signing, especially if we can grab him for around £20/25m.

Even if he comes in as number 1 striker it'd be okay, even for Lukaku's future here - Dzeko, Lukaku and a 3rd choice striker is a massive improvement on our current strikeforce.

Dzeko would be a terrible signing. High price, slow and static. I would rather let Lukaku start than sign Dzeko.

Have you guys watch City games, how many times Silva feeds the ball to Dzeko and he misses. All of his goals have been like point blank these past few weeks. I highly doubt Mourinho would want Dzeko, since he is anything but hardworking.

Dzeko is a forward that needs to be fed to score. At Chelsea, I don't think we feed the strikers all that well.

I've watched City and Dzeko a lot over the past few seasons, even Dzeko at his Wolfsburg days a few times where he was great as well.

He isn't simply a striker that needs to be fed... His link & hold up play is very good, strong in the air, can pass it pretty well and has very good movement. Yeah, his finishing *can* be inconsistent sometimes but more often than not his finishing is very good. He isn't simply a poacher as you've described, he's very much a complete CF.

28 goals and 10 assists this season for City speaks for itself.