Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If we are going after big shot striker, it should be either Suarez or Cavani. If we are going to play Lukaku as main striker, we should look after cheaper options like Lewandowski, Jovetic,...cheaper (in comparison to Cavani, Falcao,...) versatile and still class if Lukaku and Ba fail to perform good.

A deep lying playmaker that has both; offense (dictating play, long balls) and defensive (tracking, hard working, tackling) abilities. Definately not someone like Isco...Modric, Moutinho or Benat seems good options, but with Mata, Oscar we already have enough small players. Might work with Moutinho or Benat as both are hard workers, but I think we need someone a bit stronger, someone who wont get bullied by Yaya Toure, Ferdinand,...I realy cant tell who, but Gonalons, Strootman are that kind of players, but they are not established too well. Might go after De Rossi, who is certainly a "you wont fuck with my team" type of player.

As from defending areas, I feel no need. This team has enough quality in defence, with proper coach and another midfielder it would work well. But if we are going after, then it should be someone like Verthongen. Brilliant defender, versatile, CHEAP and very no-nonsense. Nkolou, Alderweireld, Benatia are just few options...

And obviously new coach; Laudrup, Mou, Klopp (impossilble) or De Boer from Ajax are my favourite at the moment. No Capello, Etc bullshit who are not long term options, but very expensive...

So if Gourlay was true about signing three players this summer, it should be striker like Lewandowski/Jovetic, hard working CM with full package of abilities like Gonalons, Benat, Fellaini or Moutinho and maybe another DM (Capoue?) or CB.

Lukaku and De Bruyne to join team, Malouda, Torres and maybe Marin to leave.

But first we should sign new coach in may and then let him decide who to sign, recall, etc...

Dembele plays as a deep lying playmaker for Spurs...

He doesn't, and hasn't got the vision or passing range to be one. A deep lying playmaker dictates play from deeper, Dembele utilizes his dribbling to drag opponents out of position and provide the pass, his chance creation heatmap shows that nearly all of chances created is deep in the opposition half.

All I was saying is that it isn't a must to have a playmaker alongside Mikel. I would prefer a dynamic runner like Sebastian Rode, or an all round machine like Lars Bender..

With that strikeforce, we'll never be able to challenge for the league. Might get away with it in the cups but not the league.

Lukaku has massive talent and potential but he's nowhere near the finished article yet to provide us the quality needed to challenge the two Manchester clubs.

Ba is good but not great. As for Le Fondre? No thanks. A sub impact he is for Reading but he's just mid-table range player.

Think after years and years of having just 1 top notch striker in Drogba(and maybe Anelka), it's really time for us to acquire a world class striker in the team. Otherwise, come this time next year, we'll just be moaning about the same old thing again. No quality striker in the team and then compare ourselves with United and City. Failling behind in the league and struggling to finish in Top 4 because we don't have a top notch striker etc.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but Lukaku has already scored more goals this season (13) than Drogba did in all but two of his seasons for us. That includes the two league wins under Mourinho (10, 12).

What's impressive about Lukaku's goals (7 of which came since the 1st of January) is that they've been key goals for his club. The goal at the weekend was the equaliser, as was his first against Sunderland. His first goal against Reading was the first in the match and the one against Liverpool was the one that secured the win for the Baggies.

Saying we can't win the league with that strikeforce is unfair. I think we're always going to be a team that needs the whole team to contribute goals and we're fortunate in that we have the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar. What we need is someone who can lead the line, score the odd goal and create space for the players behind him.

The Manchester clubs are nowhere near as far away from us as some people think.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but Lukaku has already scored more goals this season (13) than Drogba did in all but two of his seasons for us. That includes the two league wins under Mourinho (10, 12).

What's impressive about Lukaku's goals (7 of which came since the 1st of January) is that they've been key goals for his club. The goal at the weekend was the equaliser, as was his first against Sunderland. His first goal against Reading was the first in the match and the one against Liverpool was the one that secured the win for the Baggies.

Saying we can't win the league with that strikeforce is unfair. I think we're always going to be a team that needs the whole team to contribute goals and we're fortunate in that we have the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar. What we need is someone who can lead the line, score the odd goal and create space for the players behind him.

The Manchester clubs are nowhere near as far away from us as some people think.

On the other hand, Lukaku scored those 13 games for smaller club, lets see if he can do same for big club like Chelsea...

(and he has all my faith in him)

He doesn't, and hasn't got the vision or passing range to be one. A deep lying playmaker dictates play from deeper, Dembele utilizes his dribbling to drag opponents out of position and provide the pass, his chance creation heatmap shows that nearly all of chances created is deep in the opposition half.

All I was saying is that it isn't a must to have a playmaker alongside Mikel. I would prefer a dynamic runner like Sebastian Rode, or an all round machine like Lars Bender..

I still think he can be considered as Spurs' midfield general, he's just got an unorthodox way of playing it. His short passing game is sublime, and he makes up for not having that long range passing range by like you rightly said using his dribbling skills. IMO he's still a deep lying playmaker, just an unorthodox one.

I still think he can be considered as Spurs' midfield general, he's just got an unorthodox way of playing it. His short passing game is sublime, and he makes up for not having that long range passing range by like you rightly said using his dribbling skills. IMO he's still a deep lying playmaker, just an unorthodox one.

Fair enough. His role is more box-to-box IMO.

Not doubting his qualities or anything but just saying that he isn't the finished article yet and people shouldn't just assume he's gonna produce the same quality consistently for us to challenge on all fronts. Lukaku is still young and got a lot to learn still.

Have no problem with Lukaku and Ba being part of the strikeforce but if the 3rd striker is gonna be an average one like Le Fondre, then there's where the issue comes in. Yes, the midfield players we have would contribute their fair share of goals over the season but we still need a top notch, competent striker upfront. As you said, we need a striker who creates for others but also score the number of goals a striker should(Lewandowski for example) & be clinical with the chances. I mean how many times has Torres messed up opportunities to score this season?! I just do not want us at this stage next season to be complaining about the same old problems with the strikers again. Get 1 top quality striker to go with Ba and Lukaku and we'll be set to go next season.

Have no problem with Lukaku and Ba being part of the strikeforce but if the 3rd striker is gonna be an average one like Le Fondre, then there's where the issue comes in. Yes, the midfield players we have would contribute their fair share of goals over the season but we still need a top notch, competent striker upfront. As you said, we need a striker who creates for others but also score the number of goals a striker should(Lewandowski for example) & be clinical with the chances. I mean how many times has Torres messed up opportunities to score this season?! I just do not want us at this stage next season to be complaining about the same old problems with the strikers again. Get 1 top quality striker to go with Ba and Lukaku and we'll be set to go next season.

That's the problem though, why bring back Lukaku if we just get another top quality forward, thus limiting Romelu's chances in the team. I would rather him spend one more season on loan to truly breakthrough.

Regular minutes > In and out of the team at Chelsea

That's the problem though, why bring back Lukaku if we just get another top quality forward, thus limiting Romelu's chances in the team. I would rather him spend one more season on loan to truly breakthrough.

Regular minutes > In and out of the team at Chelsea

Well, that will basically create another problem. Depend on how our next manager will go about managing the striking department.

He has been very good for reading and is a good finisher.He would be cheap,english,would be happy as 3rd choice and if god forbid ba and lukaku get injured then he would still be good enough to lead the line.Dont think there are a whole lot of options for the 3rd choice striker position who also would not demand a lot of playing time.

LOL, you are actually being serious about Le Fondre. Scores goals but no way is he Chelsea material, not even an option.

Wonder if Witsel would be an option. I know he just went to Russia, but if a bigger club like us were to approach him I wonder if its doable.

This is gonna be an insanely amazing summer transfer window if we get top 4. If nothing else, at least Torres will be gone.

Wonder if Witsel would be an option. I know he just went to Russia, but if a bigger club like us were to approach him I wonder if its doable.

This is gonna be an insanely amazing summer transfer window if we get top 4. If nothing else, at least Torres will be gone.

I doubt it, we dont need that much :)

Pretty sure Witsel wants to leave so yeh also he's not performing that great, not as good as with Benfica, so perhaps Zenit wants to sell but wont be for less than they bought him... he would be perfect for us tho.

Mou is a big fan of Witsel, he wanted him for next season in Madrid before he left to Russia