Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

We will continue to strength the team and I am expecting the introduction of two or three new players and hopefully they will be in place in time to be part of the team in Thailand.'

RON.G.

23 players on loan this season. No mention of wanting to strengthen the team through any of them? This isn't good.

Just saying that Whoscored is definately not the source to see which players are doing great this season and which not...

Matuidi is doing brilliant this season, match vs Valencia was sublime, yet whoscored gave him 6,9 for that game..should get 8,5 at least...several experts agreed on very fine form of Matuidi aswell.

I've changed my mind on Schurrle. I think he's actually exactly what we need. He tracks back, is full of stamina, and has a beast of a long-shot. With the right manager he could be a great player. Right now he's inconsistent though which is a worry. It would be lovely having Schurrle - Mata - Hazard/Moses in my opinion. It'll definitely bring more balance to the side if we line up more like that, and rotate Oscar/Mata or even put Hazard down the centre with Mata on the right some times! He's also surprisingly strong and pacey.

I've changed my mind on Schurrle. I think he's actually exactly what we need. He tracks back, is full of stamina, and has a beast of a long-shot. With the right manager he could be a great player. Right now he's inconsistent though which is a worry. It would be lovely having Schurrle - Mata - Hazard/Moses in my opinion. It'll definitely bring more balance to the side if we line up more like that, and rotate Oscar/Mata or even put Hazard down the centre with Mata on the right some times! He's also surprisingly strong and pacey.

Schurrle has always been a decent player but it was his price tag that was the problem. We offered around £17m for him if I'm not incorrect which is a fair price but Leverkussen were looking for £25m-£30m.

A Regista , Attacking mid, a striker

Ins :-Benat (£12m) Schurrle (20m) Cavani (£30m)

Total:- £62m

Loan Returns - Courtois, de Bruyne, chalobah, lukaku,

Outs:- Lampard free, Malouda free, Torres £10m Benayoun £4 Essien £5m

Total Recovered :- 20m

wouldn't be a bad summer would it? we'd have 4 strikers in the squad - Cavani Ba Lukaku Schurrle

A Regista , an out and out winger, a striker

Ins :-Benat (£8m) Schurrle (18m) Cavani (£30m)

Total:- £56m

wouldn't be a bad summer would it? we'd have 4 strikers in the squad - Cavani Ba Lukaku Schurrle

I like your overall idea, but have some issues with the figures mentioned. Benat has a release clause of around £16m, and the Betis chairman said he will not leave for less. Even if we get Betis to come off that release clause, he's still going to be well over the figure you mentioned. We offered £17m for Schurrle last summer and were rejected. We would probably need to increase the offer by considerably more than a million, with Leverkusen rumored to want in the £25-£30m range, to get the deal done. Cavani is definitely going to cost more than £30m, or at least he should given current market values. Also, Yossi is out of contract June 30 of this year, so he'll leave on a free. However, we'll have his £70k per week wages off the books. I think the Nando sum mentioned is reasonable. His wages are not, and would prove to be the biggest obstacle to any move away from SW6. However, I get the feeling that there are still some powers in the football world that inexplicably believe that Torres can regain some semblance of his former self. Strange, because it seems even Roman is willing to cut his losses on the Spaniard.

I like your overall idea, but have some issues with the figures mentioned. Benat has a release clause of around £16m, and the Betis chairman said he will not leave for less. Even if we get Betis to come off that release clause, he's still going to be well over the figure you mentioned. We offered £17m for Schurrle last summer and were rejected. We would probably need to increase the offer by considerably more than a million, with Leverkusen rumored to want in the £25-£30m range, to get the deal done. Cavani is definitely going to cost more than £30m, or at least he should given current market values. Also, Yossi is out of contract June 30 of this year, so he'll leave on a free. However, we'll have his £70k per week wages off the books. I think the Nando sum mentioned is reasonable. His wages are not, and would prove to be the biggest obstacle to any move away from SW6. However, I get the feeling that there are still some powers in the football world that inexplicably believe that Torres can regain some semblance of his former self. Strange, because it seems even Roman is willing to cut his losses on the Spaniard.

about Benat, his contract runs out in 2014 And i think Betis maybe looking to sell him for less. maybe 10-12 mil..

we should take a look at players whose contract runs out in 2014 or 2015. Benat Lewandowski Moutinho Capoue Gundogan...lot of quality options to pursue

Why would we need four options up front when we play with only one front man? And if we are going to sign Cavani or anyone of his ilk, then Lukaku's definitely going on another loan. Can't see him staying here and not being played frequently. It's a choice, a gamble.

Do we keep Lukaku and allow him to develop into one of the most fearsome strikers in the world? Or do we get a proven world class talent in Cavani who's likely to thrive here, and let him develop somewhere else?

You also say you want an out and out winger and then list Schurrle who's more Sturridge (striker-cum-winger) than a direct threat like Victor Moses for example...

More than Schurrle , i would want to see Dzeko or Lewandoski here. Schurlre will be one of the many players like we have today, not saying he isn't good enough. To be honest , some of the Leverkusen matches that i have seen, it has always been Stefan Keislling playing up front and Schurrle cutting inside from the wing and we have that kid of players in our team. Can Schurrle play through the middle? I haven't seen him play that much to make a conclusion,so an out an out forward like Dzeko or Lewandoski is what this team needs IMO.

The one thing that has hurt me this season is the midfield. I would Moutinho and Benat in a heartbeat. Midfield is what controls the game and we have a very very weak one this season. Also i am pretty sure we are offloading our GKs as well, aren't we? I hope we make a bid for Julio Cesar if QPR goes down. Won't make a big fuss of sitting in bench considering he will have to play in the championship and is a quality back up.

Why would we need four options up front when we play with only one front man? And if we are going to sign Cavani or anyone of his ilk, then Lukaku's definitely going on another loan. Can't see him staying here and not being played frequently. It's a choice, a gamble.

Do we keep Lukaku and allow him to develop into one of the most fearsome strikers in the world? Or do we get a proven world class talent in Cavani who's likely to thrive here, and let him develop somewhere else?

You also say you want an out and out winger and then list Schurrle who's more Sturridge (striker-cum-winger) than a direct threat like Victor Moses for example...

schurrle part edited. brain-freeze there. i typed in "out and out winger" but couldn't think of a viable player. then settled for Schurrle to add depth and variation to our AM's.

about the strikers .even if we play one striker, 4 strikers are probably necessary. city and united have stock options up front this season while we have zip with Torres.

ofcourse lukaku or Ba will be like chicharito, not playing frequently but the consequences of not having options up front is greater.

Also it gives us further options of a 4-4-2 while throwing the kitchen sink.

As much as Lukaku has been a beast this season, i think he still has rough edges in his game. a proven striker makes a big difference as he can win games for the club even if the midfield and backline is utter wank(United this season)

More than Schurrle , i would want to see Dzeko or Lewandoski here. Schurlre will be one of the many players like we have today, not saying he isn't good enough. To be honest , some of the Leverkusen matches that i have seen, it has always been Stefan Keislling playing up front and Schurrle cutting inside from the wing and we have that kid of players in our team. Can Schurrle play through the middle? I haven't seen him play that much to make a conclusion,so an out an out forward like Dzeko or Lewandoski is what this team needs IMO.

The one thing that has hurt me this season is the midfield. I would Moutinho and Benat in a heartbeat. Midfield is what controls the game and we have a very very weak one this season. Also i am pretty sure we are offloading our GKs as well, aren't we? I hope we make a bid for Julio Cesar if QPR goes down. Won't make a big fuss of sitting in bench considering he will have to play in the championship and is a quality back up.

a backup goalkeeper is needed if Courtois goes on loan again. wouldn't mind someone like Sorensen or better. maybe a Szczesny like signing from Polish/Belgian/Scandinavian league will do. its sad how the rest of the league has quality backup and we have hilario and trollbull

as for the midfield, i think with Lamps leaving, they will strengthen the pivot. just hope its not a Fellaini. Benat and Moutinho are the best options. both have current contracts which expire in 1-2 years and we can force the clubs to cash in

Lewandowski and Dzeko - Don't think they'll come here. city won't sell their topscorer to a direct rival and we have competition for Lewa

about the strikers .even if we play one striker, 4 strikers are probably necessary. city and united have stock options up front this season while we have zip with Torres. ofcourse lukaku or Ba will be like chicharito, not playing frequently but the consequences of not having options up front is greater.

United and City also play two strikers at the same time. We do not.

Also it gives us further options of a 4-4-2 while throwing the kitchen sink. As much as Lukaku has been a beast this season, i think he still has rough edges in his game. a proven striker makes a big difference as he can win games for the club even if the midfield and backline is utter wank(United this season)

The club are heading that way, our squad isn't designed to implement a 4-4-2 formation. Yes Lukaku still has a few rough edges to his game but he's more than good enough to lead the line at a PL club, as he's shown at West Brom so far. Why would you keep a talent like that on the bench and let him play the Chicharito role? His potential ceiling is far higher than that.

Just to point out that Drogba too was still quite raw when he came to the PL, but that didn't stop us from winning the title back in 2005 and 2006. I think Lukaku has shown enough that he deserves a big shot here at CFC.