Future Chelsea team

Jose M

Yes, surely this will stop us conceding ridiculous goals in every game and shipping 3 at home.

Congratulations AVB, in less than half a year you have turned us into Arsenal.

His Porto team conceded a lot too, we just need to score more than opposition. And a lot the goals can be attributed to individual errors and in recent weeks Cech's bravery or lack there of.

Got nothing against Cech by the way.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Porto team conceded a lot too, we just need to score more than opposition. And a lot the goals can be attributed to individual errors and in recent weeks Cech's bravery or lack there of.

Got nothing against Cech by the way.

Yes, we have had lots of individual errors, but why is that? Why, for years we were the most defensively solid team, with top concentration levels, able to hold a one goal lead at tough away fixtures with ease and comfort. Did all the players suddenly become so error prone within three months?

Or is it the tactics, motivation, training which is contributing into poor defensive displays?

Yes, we have had lots of individual errors, but why is that? Why, for years we were the most defensively solid team, with top concentration levels, able to hold a one goal lead at tough away fixtures with ease and comfort. Did all the players suddenly become so error prone within three months?

Or is it the tactics, motivation, training which is contributing into poor defensive displays?

For one, we have Luiz instead of a more solid centreback like Alex or Carvalho(no disrespect to Luiz, he's a great player), Ivanovic has not been in RB due to injuries and what not and lastly and I think most importantly to say Ash has taken a dip would be an understatement.

We were only "defensively solid" for about two seasons. After that we've always been kinda bad. Have you forgotten about all the soft goals conceded from set plays, etc?

Yeah, it was never this bad, but you're making it out as if we were the 04/05 type unbeatable defense for "years", which we weren't.

And like St Abramovich mentioned, Cole is a very very poor player at the moment. Defensively yesterday he and Ferreira were both SHOCKING.

Ivan-Cahil-Terry-Cole

---------Oriol-----------

Hazard--Danny--Mata

----Drogba---Torres---

kinda more of a current team

No bite in the middle for me,need a quality midfielder. Danny needs to be part of the front line. Not behind. would rather Danny play instead of Torres. Preferably with a new strike partner too.

I have quoted this before, but for Jan 3 players could help 10 fold.

---------cech------------

ivan------cahill-------terry----cole

-------------Romeu----------------

--------Ramires---------NEW Midfielder----

Danny------New Striker--------Mata

Our bench would be: lampard,Torres,Drogba,RM, Essien to come back too. Halfway decent, dead wood wold still need to go in summer.

In 5 or so years..hopefully:

Courtois

Hutchinson Luiz Kalas/Chalobah Bertrand

Ramires/McEachran Romeu

Sturridge Mata Hazard

Lukaku

OR

Courtois

Hutch Chalobah Kalas Bertrand

Ramires/McEachran Romeu Luiz/de Bruyne

Sturridge Lukaku Mata

In the meanwhile I'd like to try this team. Barce style:

Cech

Ivan Luiz Kalas Bertrand

Meireles Romeu McEachran

Sturridge Mata Kakuta

Courtois

Ramires/McEachran Romeu

Sturridge Mata Hazard

Lukaku

OR

Courtois

Sturridge Lukaku Mata

Cech

Ivan Luiz Kalas Bertrand

Meireles Romeu McEachran

Sturridge Mata Kakuta

your present side would be destroyed

Courtois

Ramires/McEachran Romeu

Sturridge Mata Hazard

Lukaku

OR

Courtois

Sturridge Lukaku Mata

Cech

Ivan Luiz Kalas Bertrand

Meireles Romeu McEachran

Sturridge Mata Kakuta

It's actually crazy just how much we overrate our youth...Kalas is not ready yet. Kakuta hasn't played 2 regular games in a row since...same case with Josh. Mata as striker? lol

We have some top talent, but they are still that - talent. They need to work and grow as players. Don't expect them to waltz into the 1st team and dominate.

I'm optimistic though that Gael and Josh can do well at loans for the rest of the season and earn a place in the first team next season.

I don't understand why you don't think Kalas isn't ready considering he's already one of the best defenders in the Erividsie. I do not want to see that team played week in week out but I'd like to see it tried in a Barce-esque team full of playmakers. Not many set positions and no set formation just a fluid team movement

Kalas and Luiz at the back because they can go forward, keep the ball well and press well. Ivanovic as the fullback that stays back (Abidal) and Bertrand as the one who attacks. That midfield is the closest we can get to three midfield playmakers and same with the attack, Mata as a false number 9. Dropping deep, making things happen. And the reason I put Kakuta on the left is that I believe he's a good player (certainly better than Anelkalouda) and is another one of those playmaker-type players that pass quickly and move quickly.

I do not see the harm in trying to emulate one of the most successful tactics in recent times. Yes the players are not as good but the reason I choose some of the younger ones is simple that theyre more suited to the style.

• 4 weeks later...

Even with our current season still in progress, what would be your ideal squad considering all transfers have been through, for next season?

3 major signings

Hazard

Willian

Cavani

------------------Cavani--------------

De Bryune-------------------Hazard

-------------------Mata----------------

-----------Essien------Ramires-----

A.Cole--------------------------Ivanovic

------------J.Terry-----Luiz--------------

-------------------Cech-------------------

Sturridge

Willian

Piazon

Cahill

Lampard

Mikel

Lukaku

Bertrand

Ferriara

Coutois

Apologies if this topic was already made

Hopefully at least 2 wingers and a playmaker added... namely, maybe Hazard, Willian/Lucas and De Bruyne. Although the playmaker wouldn't be such a necessity if Mata will be given that role, although having backups or a deep-lying playmaker wouldn't be a bad idea. With Drogba's and possibly Torres's departure a striker would also be needed, unless Sturridge is pushed to CF again by new wingers.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

Mata

Hazard - Sturridge - De Bruyne

something like that, but I'm sure it won't look like that