Future Chelsea team

Jose M

I'm not comparing them, what i'm trying to say is we need more of a pivot midfielder than a winger in Hulk were we have Ramires/Sturridge/Marin/Hazard on our book. Aside from Lamps who do you think could play as a deep lying playmaker that will sit in front of our back 4?

Oh right sorry, slightly missed your point. It's tricky, I think Lampard is the only top quality option I agree. Though I reckon KDB could be there in a few seasons.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reasonable team would give Josh a chance as a Regista...Chelsea are not a reasonable team.

Come on... he couldn't break into Swansea's midfield, what makes you think he could break into the midfield of the Champions of Europe?

Come on... he couldn't break into Swansea's midfield, what makes you think he could break into the midfield of the Champions of Europe?

If you were Brandon Rodgers who would you play: Gylfi Sigurdsson or Josh McEachran?

What incentive is there to play McEachran ahead of Sigurdesson? Sigurdesson was playing very well and a long term option for the club.

McEachran on the other hand was only going to be there for half of a season. Fitness was also an issue for him, and understandable since he barely played all season. He didn't appear for the reserves either with the exception of a few appearances.

Thinks could have turned out differently if AVB didn't have his little go with Rodgers because of the public comments he made about wanting Josh on loan.Rodgers went ahead with other options and signed Sigurdesson, because of our initial reluctance.

OK so what are the thoughts on Josh for next season? Where does he fit in the team, cuz personally I i believe he's got the potential to be a regular but the question is will he get the chance??

Taking into consideration his lack of playing time with Swansea.

OK so what are the thoughts on Josh for next season? Where does he fit in the team, cuz personally I i believe he's got the potential to be a regular but the question is will he get the chance??

Taking into consideration his lack of playing time with Swansea.

If we do sell Essien he should stay. He can come off the bench in some games and start the Carling and FA cup matches against weaker teams.

If you were Brandon Rodgers who would you play: Gylfi Sigurdsson or Josh McEachran?

What incentive is there to play McEachran ahead of Sigurdesson? Sigurdesson was playing very well and a long term option for the club.

McEachran on the other hand was only going to be there for half of a season. Fitness was also an issue for him, and understandable since he barely played all season. He didn't appear for the reserves either with the exception of a few appearances.

Thinks could have turned out differently if AVB didn't have his little go with Rodgers because of the public comments he made about wanting Josh on loan.Rodgers went ahead with other options and signed Sigurdesson, because of our initial reluctance.

I would've played Gylfi Sigurðsson, I'm not criticizing Rodgers for not playing McEachran. But if he had a hard time getting any playing time over there, it wouldn't be much easier at a club like Chelsea.

A Regista doesn't necessarily have to be good defensively. That can be left up to whoever plays alongside Josh.

They need to be able to hold there own though. Josh's defensive game is poor as well as positioning but that's mainly down to him being messed around with his position. Some play him as a 10 and others deeper

He needs League games mate... just like Romeu got the chance in the League so should McEachran.

But a loan is always at a risk of turning into something similar to what happened at Swansea and would be a total waste of time.

But a loan is always at a risk of turning into something similar to what happened at Swansea and would be a total waste of time.

Or it could also turn into a brilliant one like Sturridge at Bolton. Would probably recommend a loan move to Villa now that Paul Lambert is there.

Not on loan I mean with us.... B)

I hope he impresses during pre-season so he can get a chance to get league football with us.

Or it could also turn into a brilliant one like Sturridge at Bolton. Would probably recommend a loan move to Villa now that Paul Lambert is there.

But my point was , can we afford to take the risk of another loan? This stage of his development is crucial, we can't keep getting it wrong.

But my point was , can we afford to take the risk of another loan? This stage of his development is crucial, we can't keep getting it wrong.

Yes. Don't have much of a choice. Keeping him at the club and giving him the odd game time here and there especially with all the players we still have is not going to help his development. It failed last time because of Rodgers's strange reluctance to play him and perhaps moving on loan in the summer this time would be better than moving in January.

Yes. Don't have much of a choice. Keeping him at the club and giving him the odd game time here and there especially with all the players we still have is not going to help his development. It failed last time because of Rodgers's strange reluctance to play him and perhaps moving on loan in the summer this time would be better than moving in January.

Agreed. If we are going to loan him, we should do so from the start of the season. It's very difficult to break into a team in mid season.

the dynamism of the new chelsea side will be built around our new signings. personally i would have preferred hulk Or hazard and moutinho or cabaye but given that we are signing both, i think the gameplay has to be tweaked to their strengths.

now, assuming we dont sign a deep creative midfielder, mata operating at CAM will be the one pulling the strings. given that he is one of our 4 attackers (hulk hazard and the striker being the others), he will end up with just 3 options in front of him. i think we should play ramires alongside Lampard to give us more bodies in attack without compromising the defence.

Next season

Cech

Brana-Terry-Luiz-Bertrand

Mikel-Martinez

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

In few years

Courtois

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Bertrand

Mikel-Martinez

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Sturridge/Lukaku

Rotation: Kalas, Kane, Bruma, Marin, Kdb, Josh, Feruz, Piazon, Romeu, Hutch,...

But major problem will come when Kalas will be ready to start here, but he will be just sub to Cahill and Luiz. Such players need to play regulary to become world class and if he wont play regulary, he will never be good enough

to. play for us. Same for Josh, Kdb, Kane, Romeu,...

lets say we buy Martinez, now tell me where and when will Romeu play? He need to start regular games, or his performance will go down. If we will wait to Mikel get old and keep buying new players like Martinez because they are currently better than Romeu, benching Romeu untill he will be 24yrs and then expect him to play fantastic?

No, he should start next year, despite he isnt top class yet, but eventualy he will be great. Chelsea will have to sacrafice one season for Romeu, Kdb, Lukaku,...or they will never become good. You need to play with talents regulary, not benching them or loaning them to other low clubs, you think Xavi and Iniesta would be top class if barca would loaning them to other clubs and start playing them at age 23?