Future Chelsea team

Jose M

Playing a diamond formation would be a waste of time in my opinion. We end up relying too much on full backs and I think it's easy to stop, we also lack width.

4-3-3 is fine if you ask me. I agree a left winger is what we need as Mata should be pushed into the middle. I prefer Sturridge on the right, playing him as a central striker means we would have nobody to play on the right wing. Sturridge has adapted very well on the right hand side, he sees more of the ball in that position also.

Our current best team is this:

Cech

Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

Romeu

Ramires Lamps/Meireles

Sturridge Drogba Mata

A new left winger means we could put Mata into Lampard and Meireles position.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be your ideal Chelsea side for 2012 and The Start of Next Season, Try to keep it as Realistic as Possible, No Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo etc

Mine would be as Such

---------------------------------------------------------Cech--------------------------------------------------------

----------A New RB---------------------Luiz---------------------Terry-----------------------Cole----------------

-----------------------------------Essien/Romeu---------------------Ramires/Meireles---------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------Gotze/Mata-------------------------------------------------------

--------Sturridge/Lucas------------------------Torres/Sturridge-----------------------------Hazard/Mata----------

Hazard, well it's obvious why I want him, Immense Talent, would add great Creativity and He like Mata can Cut inside really well but also Tear down the Wings. This would allow Mata to be the CAM, Gotze would be the Second, Fall back option if we couldn't Land Hazard, will be a World Class CAM. And Lucas is also a Good option, can play RW and CAM and As a Result we could use Sturridge as a CF sometimes. Lucas would be quite Verastile. I'd lik at least 2 of those Players. A New RB is Esseintial IMO. Bosingwa is just bad...Ivanovic should be available as CB Cover, so a New RB would be Welcome, which would leave us with 4 CB's, Ivanovic, Luiz,Cahill and terry which is what we need

---------------------------------------------------------Cech--------------------------------------------------------

----------Ivanovic ---------------------Luiz/Cahill---------------------Terry-----------------------Cole----------------

----Lampard/Ramires ----------Josh/Romeo -----------Kevin De Bruyne/Essien--------

--------Sturridge------------------------Torres-----------------------------Mata----------

Bluelion that is a quality shout, i would not mind that for home games, Mata can play that CAM role with Sturridge's world class pace upfront. Lampard could not function in that system because he lacks agility behind the striker, Mata would be a very annoying player to play against in that role and i also think Ramires would love to play in the CM with Raul and Romeu holding.

Absolutely agreed! What we could do is 'extend' the diamond and have the two holding players, ie:

Romeu - Meireles

Ramires ----------------------------------- Sturridge

Mata

Drogba

For me its more to do with the way AVB can't select a formation against the sides we are expected to win against rather than the teams who are/have quality. Recently we beat Valencia, City and should of beaten Spurs (away i might add) playing with a deep defensive line, we then drop 4 points against Wigan and Fulham (at f'kin home!) playing the same way, and barely creating a chance in either game were we could of lost both. IMHO he needs to tweak the formation against the lesser sides so we go for the jugular straight from the off, get the game won and let them come out so they cannot put 10 men behind the ball, this inevitably will leave gaps at the back for the likes of Sturridge, Mata to mop up on the counter.

If you want to challenge at the top you need 2 top players competing in every position.

------------------------------------------Cech/Courtious----------------------------------------------

Ivanovic/Hutchinson-------Terry/Cahill---------Luiz/Bruma-------------Bertrand/Cole

------------------------------------------Romeu/Essien-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------Modric/McEachran----------Ramires/Meireles---------------------------

Sturridge/Hazard----------------------------------------------------------------------Mata/Gotze

-----------------------------------------Cavani/Higuain---------------------------------------------

Other squad players

Turnbull - 3rd choice goallie

Lampard - Scholes like expierence

Drogba - If he accepts a one year deal and a lesser role

Ferreira - Doesn't complain when he doesn't play and does a job when does, as far as players that need to go he is well down the pecking order compared to Malouda, Bosingwa and co.

Chalaboh - Slowly bleed into the squad.

Kane - Likewise.

B.Clifford - same again.

Piazon - same again.

C.Clifford - Slowly replace Essien and competition for Romeu.

31 players

8 homegrown (players bolded)

13 foreign spaces

10 under 21's (players underlined)

Lukaku on loan out for the season.

Sorted

------------------------------------------Cech/Courtious----------------------------------------------

Ivanovic/Hutchinson----Terry/Cahill-------Luiz/Bruma----------Bertrand/Cole/PVA-----

------------------------------------------Romeu/Essien-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------Modric/McEachran/Hamsik----------Ramires/Meireles---------------------

Sturridge----------------------------------------------------------------------Mata------------------

-----------------------------------------Cavani/Higuain/Doumbia----------------------------------------------

After todays news about Hulk, i think this is a realistic one:

----------------------------------------------Cech--------------------------------------------------------

------Ivanovic -----------Luiz/Cahill---------------------Terry-----------------------Cole----------------

----Lampard/Ramires ------------------Essien-----------Moutinho--------

--------Hulk-----------------------------Sturridge-----------------------------Mata----------

I love this, but i like this one too:

------Essien---Ramires--

Sturridge--Mata--Hazard/Gotze

--------New Striker------

If you want to challenge at the top you need 2 top players competing in every position.

Ivanovic/Hutchinson-------Terry/Cahill---------Luiz/Bruma-------------Bertrand/Cole

-----------------------Modric/McEachran----------Ramires/Meireles---------------------------

Sturridge/Hazard----------------------------------------------------------------------Mata/Gotze

-----------------------------------------Cavani/Higuain---------------------------------------------

Other squad players

Ferreira - Doesn't complain when he doesn't play and does a job when does, as far as players that need to go he is well down the pecking order compared to Malouda, Bosingwa and co.

Kane - Likewise.

B.Clifford - same again.

Piazon - same again.

31 players

13 foreign spaces

Sorted

I agree mate. Would prefer Hamšik instead of Gotzë though. Also would like to see Lalkovic in there soon.

Other squad players

Kane - Likewise.

B.Clifford - same again.

Piazon - same again.

31 players

13 foreign spaces

Sorted

Gotze is more of a CAM, he shouldn't really be playing at LW. And as much as I would love to see your Team, I think it's a bit of a Stretch with 4-5 big Signings like that.

And @Nadav Hulk would be too expensive...Plus Now that we have Sturridge we need a different type of Winger altogether.

And @Nadav Hulk would be too expensive...Plus Now that we have Sturridge we need a different type of Winger altogether.

Hulk wont cost us 90 million euros like the price tag says. If he wants to go, Porto will sale him in 40-50. I've talked with

a Porto fan who said to me that Porto put those price tags on their players to keep clubs like us away from their players,

but when the player say he wants to move on- the club let him do that. They will still get A Lot of money, but not like

the price tag says on Hulk. No one will spend like that, and like i said they wont force him to stay.

About the similarity of Daniel and Hulk, like my formation says- Sturridge will play as a striker, not a winger.

Hulk wont cost us 90 million euros like the price tag says. If he wants to go, Porto will sale him in 40-50. I've talked with

a Porto fan who said to me that Porto put those price tags on their players to keep clubs like us away from their players,

but when the player say he wants to move on- the club let him do that. They will still get A Lot of money, but not like

the price tag says on Hulk. No one will spend like that, and like i said they wont force him to stay.

About the similarity of Daniel and Hulk, like my formation says- Sturridge will play as a striker, not a winger.

Hulk is not worth 40 Million, 30 Max, and even than there are Better Wingers

Cech

Cole/A.Perriera-----Cahill/Luiz/JT/Ivan------Ivan/?

Oriol/essien----------Ramires/Rodwell

Mierles/lamps/

Hazard/studge---Torres/Studge/??---mats/krasic

Another rb isnt in my opinion a must for a.perriera (fc Porto for those who didnt know) could play the rb. He could cut back in on his favorite left foot when providing support for the attack. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/292586 supports my a.perriera rb idea.

When thinking of another cm preferably attacking to fill in lamps role I can't think of one at the moment for goetze want la liga and I dont think his built for epl play. We were linked with taarabt before however I haven't seen much from him this year.

Hazard and mata on the wings will be our Ribery and robben!! I can already see it!!

As for our strikers Torres will stay and Studge and lukaku can fill in the role of drogs if he does indeed leave. However we will buy somebody I know it but hopefully it's not another £50mil!! Higuain?? Pato?? Lucas Barrios?? Cavani?? Who the hell knows!!

Cech

Cole/A.Perriera-----Cahill/Luiz/JT/Ivan------Ivan/?

Oriol/essien----------Ramires/Rodwell

Mierles/lamps/

Hazard/studge---Torres/Studge/??---mats/krasic

Another rb isnt in my opinion a must for a.perriera (fc Porto for those who didnt know) could play the rb. He could cut back in on his favorite left foot when providing support for the attack. http://www.express.c...sts/view/292586 supports my a.perriera rb idea.

When thinking of another cm preferably attacking to fill in lamps role I can't think of one at the moment for goetze want la liga and I dont think his built for epl play. We were linked with taarabt before however I haven't seen much from him this year.

Hazard and mata on the wings will be our Ribery and robben!! I can already see it!!

As for our strikers Torres will stay and Studge and lukaku can fill in the role of drogs if he does indeed leave. However we will buy somebody I know it but hopefully it's not another £50mil!! Higuain?? Pato?? Lucas Barrios?? Cavani?? Who the hell knows!!

Why'd you Put Cole on the Right and Ivanovic on the left? O.o

Ok, but you said Gotze is not built for the EPL. I really think this is a common Attitude in England. You don't have to be Big to be a Sucess in the EPL, in fact the Smaller players are actually the Better ones. Just look at Messi or iniesta, and in the EPL look at Mata, Silva or Aguero. As long as they have good skill (And Gotze definitely does, Good Dribbler as well which will certainly help) they can Suceed anywhere