Future Chelsea team

Jose M

@Shon3x: Agree with that lineup but not Fellaini in there. Not what we need for our midfield!

I expected someone to quote me on the midfield. Here's the thing, while it would be wonderful to have a midfielder like Modric or Moutinho, I believe it would be bad when it comes down to defending and when the opposition have a counter attack.

Remember the AVB era and how exposed we were when teams countered us? You can argue we had played the high defensive line, but the fact is that we won't be defending really deeply with offensive players I've put on that formation. Only having Mata in team was a defensive weakness and with Hazard and Hulk that would grow.

This is a funny thing to mention, but I did try in both FIFA and PES the formation I've put without Fellaini and I have massive problems when I lost the ball.

I have to say, yes Fellaini isn't needed atm since Oriol will stay, Lampard has done well in a deep role, Essien is fit and Rami can help but I've put him there since we have been linked and he is a brilliant DM.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When were we linked to buying fellaini... I would rather see super frank in there to be honest...

Lampard will be 34 and we are on course to play over 60 games - its vital we have good depth in the squad.

Lamps, mikel, romeu, ramires and fellaini sounds good to me. I hate to say it but essien should be sold whilst we can still command a fee.

Lampard will be 34 and we are on course to play over 60 games - its vital we have good depth in the squad.

Lamps, mikel, romeu, ramires and fellaini sounds good to me. I hate to say it but essien should be sold whilst we can still command a fee.

Yeah i know i have to be more realistic about our team, though we do have a lot of depth there... especially with only 2 starting spots though obviously rotation is key like you said... I rate fellaini but Lamps will always be number 1.... And since his injury essien hasnt looked the same. I do agree with you there, we should thank him for his tremondous performences for us and start developing the likes of Josh MC to take his place in a few years time.

But unfortunately it looks like the club is going to let both Flo Mo and Essien run down their contracts by next summer. There have been no talks of a new deal and more likely than not, our Club for some strange reason prefer letting players go for free than get at least a small amount !!!

Lampard played 49 matches last season and had a great year. Maybe we play him in 40 this season? Are we going to spend 20-25M for someone to play a handful of games? We have very good depth at everywhere except RB and striker at the moment. Why do we need another midfielder? We have Hazard, Mata, Lampard, Hulk (probably), Meireles, Sturridge, Ramires, Mikel, Romeu, Benayoun, Malouda, Marin, and Essien for those 5 spots. And that's without considering de Bruyne, Kakuta, Piazon, and McEachran. That's excellent talent and excellent depth.

I expected someone to quote me on the midfield. Here's the thing, while it would be wonderful to have a midfielder like Modric or Moutinho, I believe it would be bad when it comes down to defending and when the opposition have a counter attack.

Get your point but having a creative midfielder as one of the double pivot doesn't necessary mean he has to get forward all the time and leave the defence expose. What we need is someone who can sit in there and dictate play and tempo like Scholes does at United. Someone like Modric or Cabaye will do fine in there as his defensive work rate is serious underrated.

Remember the AVB era and how exposed we were when teams countered us? You can argue we had played the high defensive line, but the fact is that we won't be defending really deeply with offensive players I've put on that formation. Only having Mata in team was a defensive weakness and with Hazard and Hulk that would grow.

Adopting a high defensive line wasn't the only problem last season, FBs pushed forward and coupled with non-existent pressing and compactness in the team left us exposed. Whoever our next manager is certainly won't be doing what AVB did. I understand that Hazard and Hulk may be an offensive player but lets not say until as if their defensive work rate isn't there. With proper training and drilling, I'm sure they would play their role well when it comes to defending.

------------------Lukaku-----------------

De Bryune----------------------Hazard

------------Piazon-------Mata------------

------------------Ramires-----------------

Bertrand-----------------------------Azpi

--------------Luiz-------Cahill------------

------------------Courtois-----------------

first true realistic future team i've seen on this thread! no fukin lampard on bench, no hutchinson, no studge on wings a true FUTURE TEAM! maybe piazon would be too much of liabilty with mata on defense which is why i would maybe have romeu as dm. but i can put money on that team there. but from biased point of view studge starts as cf!

In a 4-2-3-1 formation we need an enforcer and a regista. Mikel/Romeu/Essien will be the enforcer and Modric would be a good regista that will do the transition passes. And I also believe that we dont need a replacement for Lampard yet because he truely adopts to his new role but tbh he cannot play 60 games. Modric is much of a need than a Fellani, we have Romeu, Mikel, Ramires and Essien in an enforcer role. What we need is another regista. The players we have that could be in a regita role are Lampard, Meireles and possibly Josh who could play deep playmaker. We dont need a another stopper in a double pivot but someone who reads the play very good. Yes Modric is expensive thats why i would rather have Modric than Hulk in our team

In a 4-2-3-1 formation we need an enforcer and a regita. Mikel/Romeu/Essien will be the enforcer and Modric would be a good regita that will do the transition passes. And I also believe that we dont need a replacement for Lampard yet because he truely adopts to his new role but tbh he cannot play 60 games. Modric is much of a need than a Fellani, we have Romeu, Mikel, Ramires and Essien in an enforcer role. What we need is another regita. The players we have that could be in a regita role are Lampard, Meireles and possibly Josh who could play deep playmaker. We dont need a another stopper in a double pivot but someone who reads the play very good. Yes Modric is expensive thats why i would rather have Modric than Hulk in our team

It's impossible to compare Modric with Hulk seeing as they play different positions. Right Wing is a pressing need which is why we're going after Hulk. Modric is far less of a need than a player like Hulk what with the fairly large group of central midfielders we have. Though having said that I would love to have both haha

It's impossible to compare Modric with Hulk seeing as they play different positions. Right Wing is a pressing need which is why we're going after Hulk. Modric is far less of a need than a player like Hulk what with the fairly large group of central midfielders we have. Though having said that I would love to have both haha

I'm not comparing them, what i'm trying to say is we need more of a pivot midfielder than a winger in Hulk were we have Ramires/Sturridge/Marin/Hazard on our book. Aside from Lamps who do you think could play as a deep lying playmaker that will sit in front of our back 4?

Assuming we sign Hulk(very likely), i would like to see the Diamond formation back but this time very attacking. Its not realistic, but meh it looks good on paper.

424811_Chelsea.jpg

That one looks good actually, though I would probably put Romeu/Mikel instead of Lamps since I doubt that he could play so defensively in midfield. I've always admired the diamond both IRL and FIFA, and I would recommend it to the guys that play with Chelsea on FIFA by using Drogba on Hulk's place, Studge at RW and Lamps/Mata as CAM, Mata/Lamps as LW and Ramires/Essien as DM.. Trust me, it's a killer, esp. if you play mixed football, e.g. tiki-taka, counter, long-balls at the same time.

i think a box to box like Ramires will be good alongside a creative deep player - Lampard or Moutinho/Cabaye. Mikel and Fellaini is too negative imo. we have only 4 attackers then, much like this season