Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Lewandowski is still top goalscorer of the Bundesliga for a 3rd year in a row. He is not a perfect finishher., but he excels every chance as best as possible. I watch Borussia regularly and h doesn't often miss sitters like the one vs Malaga or one vs Hamburger.

Oh dear. Have you actually watched lots of games involving Lewandowski or have you just judged based on the 2 games against Malaga? Granted he was quiet in the second leg but he played well in the first leg. Caused Malaga's backline all sorts of problems, created chances for Gotze(especially) and himself but just couldn't finish them.

Some of us have already mentioned about the (small) issue regarding his finishing and other than that, he also excel in linking up the play and when you think he's currently playing with the same kind of players like ours as well as the style of play we would like to adopt, Lewandowski would fit into this team like a glove! And I believe Madmax described Lewandowski's game very well here...

No, I probably have watched more games of him than you (due to the fact Brazilians have way greater access to the top European Leagues than Europeans themselves)....

Lewandowski is a decent striker in a great team. He is one of the most overrated strikers in the world!

No, I probably have watched more games of him than you (due to the fact Brazilians have way greater access to the top European Leagues than Europeans themselves)....

Lewandowski is a decent striker in a great team. He is one of the most overrated strikers in the world!

I quite frankly believe Neymar and his gay haircut are the choice. Rather than a striker who has put a goal in nearly every important game for Borussia. (Bayern, Real, Schalke , City , Ajax, etc)

I quite frankly believe Neymar and his gay haircut are the choice. Rather than a striker who has put a goal in nearly every important game for Borussia. (Bayern, Real, Schalke , City , Ajax, etc)

Then you are really dumb, because Neymar is not a striker and I dont want him here....

Lewandoski will flop anywhere he goes but in Bayern (since even Pizarro scores in that team). If you are blind enough not to see it, I can only feel pitty. However, Lewandoski banging one of every 5 1v1 in a team like BvB means absolutely nothing.

He is an average to above-average striker in an amazing quality and creative team. He often makes things harder than easier (due to the immense lack of goal instinct). I bet you that Ba would have more goals than Robert in Bundesliga.

If we are to pay premium to get that type of player, be better use it elsewhere and work pur selves out with Ba and Lukaku. Both are not worse than this average dude!

EDIT: I would also try to get a dig at one of your national team player for no reason, but your country means nothing to football so I see no point.

Oho , hold on thereRomario junior. My country means nothing to football. Yeah it's a small country , but it has had its fame and has had its best players. If you dint know a famous Bulgaria player it's your problem, because there a couple that have contributed to football much more than some of your country representatives, but that doesn't matter.

Weird thing I dont see how you could think so about Lewandowski. Tell me what has made you think like that? I value your opinion , but it is just so wrong. I try to watch every Borussia game and even if he does not score , his link up play and speed(for a tall striker ) is immense. His goals are typical ones for a good striker. I cant believe you would (probably) prefer Falcao or Higuain to him. Either him or Cavani, anything else for big money is suicide .

Ba is a good player but he is not a top class also his knees are not very reliable,torres is torres plus schurrle is hardly a goal scoring machine.If we are going with this strikeforce then might as well recall lukaku and make him 1st choice who is better then all of them.

I'm not arguing who's better, or if they are enough or not, but you can't give three strikers enough pitch-time if your system utilizes a lone striker. And since our two strikers are not going anywhere at the moment, I find it hard to believe that we will be looking to get a pure striker in the summer.

Oho , hold on thereRomario junior. My country means nothing to football. Yeah it's a small country , but it has had its fame and has had its best players. If you dint know a famous Bulgaria player it's your problem, because there a couple that have contributed to football much more than some of your country representatives, but that doesn't matter.

Face it, if Bulgaria was erased from football history, no one will go mad. Cant say the same about Brazil...

Also, that is what you get for making ridiculous digs at Neymar and myself for no particular reason. Cant discuss Lewandowski without desperately putting Neymar on the argument to try to look tough.

One who says whatever it wants, hears what it doesnt want.

Weird thing I dont see how you could think so about Lewandowski. Tell me what has made you think like that? I value your opinion , but it is just so wrong. I try to watch every Borussia game and even if he does not score , his link up play and speed(for a tall striker ) is immense. His goals are typical ones for a good striker. I cant believe you would (probably) prefer Falcao or Higuain to him. Either him or Cavani, anything else for big money is suicide .

First, I would take Falcao or Higuain ahead of Robert in a heart beat. Yes they would have adaptation problems, but so had Dider when he first came. He thrived in Chelsea because when we most needed, his goals were there. Something I would totally relly in the case of Falcao or even Higuain. Also, with the team we have and the consistency and cold blood of both strikes, their numbers would be better than Drogba's (20+ goals a season imo).

Second, Lewandowski has great skills and that is all. He fades in big games, misses so many open chances that is irritating and he is a dumb player (his decision making is awful). It is absolutely fustrating to see him play! You see he can be good, but every 5 mins you get a reminder of why he isnt. I lose count of how many wrong choices he makes in a game: passes, right time to drible or shoot, etc. This alone should be a warning not to put all our chips on him.

Third, worse than that is his bad finish and lack of poacher instinct. He cant score for himself; he can create, but then he will go to waist it (most of the time). If Gotze or Reus dont have a great game, with at least 2-3 build up plays for him, he cant score. Convertion ratios are not high even amongst top players, but Lewandoski takes it to another level, specially if you take close look at the stats and search for the opportunities on youtube or whatever. They are given goals that he either makes it hard to score (having to try twice or three times or messing up with his first touch) or he misses it completely. He is not the player who his teammates can look up to and be confident because if things go really bad, Lewandowski will be there to score the winner for them.

Like I said, in a team like BvB is not hard to put up numbers, we cant relly on them. An example of this is Mario Gomez (not comparng quality nor playing style), a striker who would not work for most teams, but since Bayern is so good, he thrives...

Lewandowski is still top goalscorer of the Bundesliga for a 3rd year in a row. He is not a perfect finishher., but he excels every chance as best as possible. I watch Borussia regularly and h doesn't often miss sitters like the one vs Malaga or one vs Hamburger.

gomez scored more bundesliga goals than him in 2011/12 and 2010/11 by quite some distance

Face it, if Bulgaria was erased from football history, no one will go mad. Cant say the same about Brazil...

Also, that is what you get for making ridiculous digs at Neymar and myself for no particular reason. Cant discuss Lewandowski without desperately putting Neymar on the argument to try to look tough.

One who says whatever it wants, hears what it doesnt want.

First, I would take Falcao or Higuain ahead of Robert in a heart beat. Yes they would have adaptation problems, but so had Dider when he first came. He thrived in Chelsea because when we most needed, his goals were there. Something I would totally relly in the case of Falcao or even Higuain. Also, with the team we have and the consistency and cold blood of both strikes, their numbers would be better than Drogba's (20+ goals a season imo).

Second, Lewandowski has great skills and that is all. He fades in big games, misses so many open chances that is irritating and he is a dumb player (his decision making is awful). It is absolutely fustrating to see him play! You see he can be good, but every 5 mins you get a reminder of why he isnt. I lose count of how many wrong choices he makes in a game: passes, right time to drible or shoot, etc. This alone should be a warning not to put all our chips on him.

Third, worse than that is his bad finish and lack of poacher instinct. He cant score for himself; he can create, but then he will go to waist it (most of the time). If Gotze or Reus dont have a great game, with at least 2-3 build up plays for him, he cant score. Convertion ratios are not high even amongst top players, but Lewandoski takes it to another level, specially if you take close look at the stats and search for the opportunities on youtube or whatever. They are given goals that he either makes it hard to score (having to try twice or three times or messing up with his first touch) or he misses it completely. He is not the player who his teammates can look up to and be confident because if things go really bad, Lewandowski will be there to score the winner for them.

Like I said, in a team like BvB is not hard to put up numbers, we cant relly on them. An example of this is Mario Gomez (not comparng quality nor playing style), a striker who would not work for most teams, but since Bayern is so good, he thrives...

First of all I accet your opinion , despite being absolutely against it. Second, I only mentioned Neymar because Damiao sucks and I cant tell you much more strikers in Brazil that are hyped more than them.

I just dont see why Lewy's decisions are so bad in your eyes. If that is the problem than damn Falcao is one awful player, because he touches the ball a maximum of 1-2 times. At least I see your post like that. Higuain on the other hand is also good in his link-up play , but he is no Lewandowski for sure. I mean its the finesse , the chest usage , the pass with his head and the fact than he can cover really strong players using his psyhique. Not only that but Robert has a powerful shot from distance and a very good skill asset to nudge the ball where needed. You saw Gotze not doing that a couple of times this season, whilist Lewy has not missed much chances, except in times when he hasn't been on his day. Alll in all, I respect your opinion , hate that thing you said about Bulgaria even though it is kind of true, but looking at the players we have, we need a striker that has the movement but also links up with the players beside him. For instance Ba does it nice when given the opportunity, hence will Lewandowski. Falcao wouldn't do it better, because he is not that type of player. Only player I would prefer is Cavani. He is just the thing needed for us to be THAT title contender.

Perhaps so but really, most of his work comes inside the box. If he doesn't score the goals, you would probably won't even notice that he's playing. And the fact that Mandzukic(similar player to Lewandowski but only less prolific) has been the no.1 choice for Bayern this season, even after Gomez returned from injury, tells you a lot about how they view Gomez.

LOL, I agree with you about Gomez. It looks like I am saying I want him, however I was referring to the bloke who said he is prolific with his head.

I'm not arguing who's better, or if they are enough or not, but you can't give three strikers enough pitch-time if your system utilizes a lone striker. And since our two strikers are not going anywhere at the moment, I find it hard to believe that we will be looking to get a pure striker in the summer.

First of all i am hoping that we can sell torres if not then i really dont care about his happiness.He can sulk all he wants in the reserves.Lukaku and ba can be rotated in the starting line-up for us.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You