Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

31 goals and 15 assists in all competitions including champions league and european championships.. not a bad tally for a 24 year old striker.. plz do not spend 50m on falcao or cavani when numbers clearly speak for themselves :D

iEDGLzju6kFik.gif

His finish...the calmness to just chip the ball over Caballero and then showing the composure to just coolly slot it home...beautiful. Quality.

That was indeed great. But I do remember both his and Gotzes misses in both matches too being fairly terrible, I like Lewandowski but Falcao or Cavani would be to prefer imo.

all three players mentioned take the same amount of shots per game with cavani on the high side of 4.4 with RL at 3.3 and RF at 3.7.. and all equal in number of goals scored in all competition this season.. why not take the less expensive option that weilds the same results

all three players mentioned take the same amount of shots per game with cavani on the high side of 4.4 with RL at 3.3 and RF at 3.7.. and all equal in number of goals scored in all competition this season.. why not take the less expensive option that weilds the same results

Because it's not as simple as that? First of all there's obviously the question if he even wants to join Chelsea or if there's other clubs. Then of course who of them the manager (who's also not sorted...) will prefer as there is quite a bit of difference looking across them.

You could also argue the stats with all of them playing in very different leagues and systems, who would fit the team better?

Because it's not as simple as that? First of all there's obviously the question if he even wants to join Chelsea or if there's other clubs. Then of course who of them the manager (who's also not sorted...) will prefer as there is quite a bit of difference looking across them.

You could also argue the stats with all of them playing in very different leagues and systems, who would fit the team better?

in terms of playing style dortmund has already accomplished what we are trying to accomplish with the signings we have made in the last two seasons and a point could be argued so has napoli to an extent.. where as atletico play a more liverpool during Torres era with a lot of service through balls and passes into the feet of the lone striker.. in terms of gameplay the german league is more similiar to pl than serie a which is played at walking pace until final 3rd.. and we have been linked just like other teams and can certainly offer him a better wage package then he is currently getting and that would still be less then it would take cavani or falcao to sign on the dotted line.. I truly believe for us to go back to being a contender its a choice of cavani or lewandowski although falcao is an amazing goal scorer..

in terms of playing style dortmund has already accomplished what we are trying to accomplish with the signings we have made in the last two seasons and a point could be argued so has napoli to an extent.. where as atletico play a more liverpool during Torres era with a lot of service through balls and passes into the feet of the lone striker.. in terms of gameplay the german league is more similiar to pl than serie a which is played at walking pace until final 3rd.. and we have been linked just like other teams and can certainly offer him a better wage package then he is currently getting and that would still be less then it would take cavani or falcao to sign on the dotted line.. I truly believe for us to go back to being a contender its a choice of cavani or lewandowski although falcao is an amazing goal scorer..

I honestly think it'd be a mistake to sign Falcao at this point for the reasons you've stated.

For the same reason, I'd go for Lewa, because he is already used to playing in a possession side. Cavani seems to be more reliant on pace and spaces, than Lewa.The arguments some make that Falcao will score more goals in a bigger club make no sense to me, as evidence shows otherwise. It is typically more difficult to play for bigger clubs (expectations, opponent's more defensive posture, less counter-attacking).

I honestly think it'd be a mistake to sign Falcao at this point for the reasons you've stated.

For the same reason, I'd go for Lewa, because he is already used to playing in a possession side. Cavani seems to be more reliant on pace and spaces, than Lewa.The arguments some make that Falcao will score more goals in a bigger club make no sense to me, as evidence shows otherwise. It is typically more difficult to play for bigger clubs (expectations, opponent's more defensive posture, less counter-attacking).

FC Porto ? ahhh.. AVB (possesion/ top team with benfica )

You guys do know that Borussia is one of worlds best counter attacking teams right?

Lewandowski is brilliant in build up and shit but he is also playing in counter attacking style team. Not much different to Falcao there, however Lewa is very team player, Falcao is just poacher..

Changed my opinion of him slightly - him, Mata, Hazard and Oscar would be deadly... With BA or Lukaku as an alternative Plan B...

He's gotta be worth 20million :)

Him, Lukaku and BA would be a good line-up and some of the money saved on Falcao could get:

- Modric

- Shaw

- good DM..

:)

Not much then huh :)

Changed my opinion of him slightly - him, Mata, Hazard and Oscar would be deadly... With BA or Lukaku as an alternative Plan B...

He's gotta be worth 20million :)

Him, Lukaku and BA would be a good line-up and some of the money saved on Falcao could get:

- Modric

- Shaw

- good DM..

:)

Not much then huh :)

tumblr_m5z3cpisLH1rybqhio1_250.gif

Have we actually been linked with Lewa ??? I hope to God we dodge Falcao and opt to take this geezer!

That is the same thoughts and concerns I get. We all would like him, however I have not heard an inch of his name be linked to coming here and I have only heard the two interested parties he is considering are United and Bayern.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You